Harrisburg Area Community College-Gettysburg
Tel: (717) 337-3855
- Established on February 14, 1964 as Harrisburg Area Community College, HACC is devoted to the community and the individual. HACC's devotion to the community stems directly from our mission, which is to foster educational, cultural, work force development, and economic growth of the college service areas. The vehicle by which we do this is to give each of our students (the individuals) the tools and environment to develop his or her own unique potential. As careers depend more and more upon the acquisition of new skills and knowledge, adults seek courses and programs to better prepare themselves, obtaining the skills and knowledge that will lead them to lucrative careers and high-demand employment opportunities.
|Harrisburg Area Community College-Gettysburg||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associates--Public Urban-serving Multica||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 years but < 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||71%||94%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to Harrisburg Area Community College-Gettysburg is Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Mont Alto (17.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 940 students | 17.00 Mi1 Campus Drive
Mont Alto,  PA  17237
(717) 749-6000 17.00940
- 3,645 students | 24.60 Mi1601 Washington Rd
Westminster,  MD  21157
(410) 386-8000 24.603,645
- 4,256 students | 27.60 Mi11400 Robinwood Dr
Hagerstown,  MD  21742
(240) 500-2000 27.604,256
- 1,172 students | 28.70 Mi1031 Edgecomb Avenue
York,  PA  17403
(717) 771-4000 28.701,172
- 6,031 students | 28.80 Mi7932 Opossumtown Pike
Frederick,  MD  21702
(301) 846-2400 28.806,031
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
We examine a new report at USA Today that shows employment rates for community college graduates have skyrocketed - and which of the fields where a community college degree is particularly helpful.
Who says college is just for the 18 - 22 year old crowd? In fact, more community colleges are recruiting students over the age of 50 - and for good reason!