Harrisburg Area Community College-Gettysburg
Tel: (717) 337-3855
- Established on February 14, 1964 as Harrisburg Area Community College, HACC is devoted to the community and the individual. HACC's devotion to the community stems directly from our mission, which is to foster educational, cultural, work force development, and economic growth of the college service areas. The vehicle by which we do this is to give each of our students (the individuals) the tools and environment to develop his or her own unique potential. As careers depend more and more upon the acquisition of new skills and knowledge, adults seek courses and programs to better prepare themselves, obtaining the skills and knowledge that will lead them to lucrative careers and high-demand employment opportunities.
|Harrisburg Area Community College-Gettysburg||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associates--Public Urban-serving Multica||Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 years but < 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private not-for-profit|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||71%||92%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to Harrisburg Area Community College-Gettysburg is Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Mont Alto (17.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 830 students | 17.00 Mi1 Campus Drive
Mont Alto, PA 17237
(717) 749-6000 17.00830
- 3,050 students | 24.60 Mi1601 Washington Rd
Westminster, MD 21157
(410) 386-8000 24.603,050
- 4,156 students | 27.60 Mi11400 Robinwood Dr
Hagerstown, MD 21742
(240) 500-2530 27.604,156
- 948 students | 28.70 Mi1031 Edgecomb Avenue
York, PA 17403
(717) 771-4000 28.70948
- 6,000 students | 28.80 Mi7932 Opossumtown Pike
Frederick, MD 21702
(301) 846-2400 28.806,000
Community colleges are quickly becoming a key competitor against four year universities – and for many good reasons! Learn about why more students are opting to enroll in their local community college, rather than going straight to four year institutions.
Hunting for a job is always nerve-wracking but even more so in the aftermath of a global pandemic. Read on to learn some job-hunting tactics and tips for remote interviewing.
May 18, 2021
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.