Harrisburg Area Community College-Gettysburg
- Established on February 14, 1964 as Harrisburg Area Community College, HACC is devoted to the community and the individual. HACC's devotion to the community stems directly from our mission, which is to foster educational, cultural, work force development, and economic growth of the college service areas. The vehicle by which we do this is to give each of our students (the individuals) the tools and environment to develop his or her own unique potential. As careers depend more and more upon the acquisition of new skills and knowledge, adults seek courses and programs to better prepare themselves, obtaining the skills and knowledge that will lead them to lucrative careers and high-demand employment opportunities.
|Harrisburg Area Community College-Gettysburg||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associates--Public Urban-serving Multica||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 years but < 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Enrollment||1,699 students||618 students|
|% Unknown races|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||71%||94%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Harrisburg Area Community College-Gettysburg is Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Mont Alto (16.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 940 students | 16.90 Mi1 Campus Drive
Mont Alto,  PA  17237
- 3,645 students | 24.90 Mi1601 Washington Rd
Westminster,  MD  21157
- 4,256 students | 27.60 Mi11400 Robinwood Dr
Hagerstown,  MD  21742
- 1,172 students | 28.60 Mi1031 Edgecomb Avenue
York,  PA  17403
- 6,031 students | 28.80 Mi7932 Opossumtown Pike
Frederick,  MD  21702
Check out the latest rankings by Community College Times that shows the community colleges that were the top degree producers in the country last year.
Living with roommates is part of an authentic college experience, but is it an option for community college students? Read on to learn about housing options in community college and to learn how to survive the year with roommates.
Some people seem to graduate high school but never really leave the academic world behind. No matter what career you pursue, there are plenty of opportunities for higher education, but are they worth it. Read on to learn about graduate degrees in nursing and whether they are worth the time, cost, and effort.