Harrisburg Area Community College-Gettysburg
- Established on February 14, 1964 as Harrisburg Area Community College, HACC is devoted to the community and the individual. HACC's devotion to the community stems directly from our mission, which is to foster educational, cultural, work force development, and economic growth of the college service areas. The vehicle by which we do this is to give each of our students (the individuals) the tools and environment to develop his or her own unique potential. As careers depend more and more upon the acquisition of new skills and knowledge, adults seek courses and programs to better prepare themselves, obtaining the skills and knowledge that will lead them to lucrative careers and high-demand employment opportunities.
|Harrisburg Area Community College-Gettysburg||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associates--Public Urban-serving Multica||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 years but < 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, for profit|
|Total Enrollment||1,699 students||571 students|
|% Unknown races|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||71%||94%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||$13,000|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||$6,246|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- College Location Mi. Students
- 940 students | 16.90 Mi1 Campus Drive
Mont Alto,  PA  17237
- 3,645 students | 24.90 Mi1601 Washington Rd
Westminster,  MD  21157
- 107 students | 26.70 Mi1605 Clugston Rd
York,  PA  17404
- 4,615 students | 27.60 Mi11400 Robinwood Dr
Hagerstown,  MD  21742
- 1,172 students | 28.60 Mi1031 Edgecomb Avenue
York,  PA  17403
February 07, 2018
Air traffic controllers enjoy secure, interesting work. Earning a degree in ATC at a community college is an excellent first step to securing a job.
December 21, 2017
Many students start their academic careers at a community college, hoping to transfer to a four-year university, but find themselves missing the mark. Thankfully, a new report surveying university leaders provides ideas on how to help students make the transfer successfully.
December 21, 2017
Learn about the research that shows how participation in community college boosts student performance and success.