Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Lancaster General College of Nursing & Health Sciences is a private, co-educational, Middle States-accredited, four-year college offering a variety of associate and baccalaureate degree programs as well as certificate programs in healthcare. The College is located in Lancaster, Pa., a city of 56,000 situated in the heart of picturesque Lancaster County. A select group of more than 900 students study with faculty who are experts in their specialty areas. Lancaster General College is the educational arm of the Lancaster General Health system. Lancaster General College of Nursing and Health Sciences offers a variety of academic programs for the aspiring healthcare professional. For more information about our programs, please visit the individual program pages via the links to the left, read brief descriptions of the programs immediately below, or see our Academic Resources page (link on the left side of this page) for information including the Academic Calendar, Academic Policies, Accreditation, the College Catalog, and much more.
Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences places among the top 20% of community colleges in Pennsylvania for:
- Category Attribute
- Selectivity Lowest acceptance rates
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- Completion Rates Highest completion rates
- The teacher population of 65 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||65 staff||25 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,447 students||618 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||491 students||372 students|
|# Part-Time Students||956 students||246 students|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$52,900||$34,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences is Pennsylvania College of Art and Design (0.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 224 students | 0.40 Mi204 N Prince St
Lancaster,  PA  17608
- 913 students | 0.90 Mi750 E King St
Lancaster,  PA  17602
- 4,952 students | 1.90 Mi1641 Old Philadelphia Pike
Lancaster,  PA  17602
- 1,677 students | 19.30 Mi1405 Williams Road
York,  PA  17402
- 1,269 students | 21.30 Mi735 Cumberland St
Lebanon,  PA  17042
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.
Living with roommates is part of an authentic college experience, but is it an option for community college students? Read on to learn about housing options in community college and to learn how to survive the year with roommates.