Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Lancaster General College of Nursing & Health Sciences is a private, co-educational, Middle States-accredited, four-year college offering a variety of associate and baccalaureate degree programs as well as certificate programs in healthcare. The College is located in Lancaster, Pa., a city of 56,000 situated in the heart of picturesque Lancaster County. A select group of more than 900 students study with faculty who are experts in their specialty areas. Lancaster General College is the educational arm of the Lancaster General Health system. Lancaster General College of Nursing and Health Sciences offers a variety of academic programs for the aspiring healthcare professional. For more information about our programs, please visit the individual program pages via the links to the left, read brief descriptions of the programs immediately below, or see our Academic Resources page (link on the left side of this page) for information including the Academic Calendar, Academic Policies, Accreditation, the College Catalog, and much more.
Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences places among the top 20% of community colleges in Pennsylvania for:
- Category Attribute
- Selectivity Lowest acceptance rates
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 65 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||65 staff||25 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,447 students||618 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||491 students||372 students|
|# Part-Time Students||956 students||246 students|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$52,900||$34,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences is Pennsylvania College of Art and Design (0.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 224 students | 0.40 Mi204 N Prince St
Lancaster,  PA  17608
- 913 students | 0.90 Mi750 E King St
Lancaster,  PA  17602
- 4,952 students | 1.90 Mi1641 Old Philadelphia Pike
Lancaster,  PA  17602
- 1,677 students | 19.30 Mi1405 Williams Road
York,  PA  17402
- 1,269 students | 21.30 Mi735 Cumberland St
Lebanon,  PA  17042
Thanks to modern technology, students can now attend class from the comfort of their homes. While online courses were once deemed inferior to lecture halls, the stigma has seemed to fade as technology advances and becomes a greater and greater part of a standard academic curriculum.The virtual classroom is here, but are online college courses right for you?
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.