YTI Career Institute-York
- The teacher population of 131 teachers has declined by 21% over five years.
|YTI Career Institute-York||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||131 staff||25 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||19||8|
|Total Enrollment||1,677 students||618 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||-||372 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$37,600||$34,800|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||100%||94%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$12,220||$12,223|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$4,470||$5,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to YTI Career Institute-York is Pennsylvania State University-Penn State York (3.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,172 students | 3.70 Mi1031 Edgecomb Avenue
York,  PA  17403
- 224 students | 18.90 Mi204 N Prince St
Lancaster,  PA  17608
- 1,447 students | 19.30 Mi410 N Lime Street
Lancaster,  PA  17602
- 217 students | 19.90 Mi5650 Derry St
Harrisburg,  PA  17111
- 913 students | 19.90 Mi750 E King St
Lancaster,  PA  17602
The Online Education Initiative will greatly expand course offerings for community college students, while making the transfer process between institutions much more smooth. The Initiative has its critics, however, who decry the loss of local control over education.
A recent study reveals that job applicants with a credential or associate’s degree from a community college have slightly better chances of getting a job interview than students who attend a for-profit college or university. Since community colleges are much more budget friendly than for-profit institutions and have much better job placement results, community colleges are a much better option for employment-minded students.
After City College of San Francisco loses its accreditation, other community colleges in the state are facing warnings, sanctions and possible loss of accreditation as well.