Ohio University-Southern Campus
- Ohio University Southern shares the rich heritage and educational resources of the first university established in the Northwest Territory. As a regional campus of Ohio University, the Southern is proud of the quality, value, and convenience that are inherent in every facet of the campus. Ohio University Southern is as unique as each individual who is a part of the OUS family. Providing the education and service associated with a major research university, while maintaining the individual attention and personal touch associated with a small exclusive college, OUS offers a "Degree of Difference." Student involvement extends beyond the campus to include the local community-and the world! Through community service and service learning courses, students develop an understanding of community and recognize that the community extends far beyond the Tri-State. International activities, including educational exchange programs, provide OUS students a chance to broaden their horizons.
Ohio University-Southern Campus places among the top 20% of community colleges in Ohio for:
- Category Attribute
- Affordability Least expensive tuition
- School Resources Percent of students receiving financial aid
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 67 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Ohio University-Southern Campus||(OH) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||67 staff||35 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,018 students||734 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||30:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,009 students||450 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,009 students||284 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$43,700||$30,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Ohio University-Southern Campus is Ashland Community and Technical College (3.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,345 students | 3.90 Mi1400 College Drive
Ashland,  KY  41101
- 59 students | 8.30 Mi506 Margaret St
South Point,  OH  45680
- 648 students | 14.10 Mi900 Fifth Ave
Huntington,  WV  25701
- 2,026 students | 14.60 MiOne Mountwest Way
Huntington,  WV  25701
- 52 students | 21.40 Mi3879 Rhodes Ave.
Portsmouth,  OH  45662
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.