Mountwest Community and Technical College
- Mountwest Community and Technical College is a public institution of the West Virginia Community and Technical College System. The College provides open access to education and training for a diverse population and assists students and employers to meet regional and global workforce demands. Mountwest Community and Technical College will be a regional leader in learning-centered and future-focused education. Mountwest Community and Technical College fulfills its educational mission through developmental education; career and technical education; university transfer education; general education; professional and personal development; lifelong learning.
- The teacher population of 94 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Mountwest Community and Technical College||(WV) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||94 staff||49 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,026 students||1,060 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1||23:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,315 students||435 students|
|# Part-Time Students||711 students||625 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Mountwest Community and Technical College is Huntington Junior College (0.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 648 students | 0.80 Mi900 Fifth Ave
Huntington,  WV  25701
- 59 students | 8.10 Mi506 Margaret St
South Point,  OH  45680
- 3,345 students | 12.50 Mi1400 College Drive
Ashland,  KY  41101
- 2,018 students | 14.60 Mi1804 Liberty Ave
Ironton,  OH  45638
- 63 students | 34.70 Mi5514 Big Tyler Rd
Charleston,  WV  25313
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.