Mountwest Community and Technical College
- Mountwest Community and Technical College is a public institution of the West Virginia Community and Technical College System. The College provides open access to education and training for a diverse population and assists students and employers to meet regional and global workforce demands. Mountwest Community and Technical College will be a regional leader in learning-centered and future-focused education. Mountwest Community and Technical College fulfills its educational mission through developmental education; career and technical education; university transfer education; general education; professional and personal development; lifelong learning.
- The teacher population of 94 teachers has declined by 11% over five years.
|Mountwest Community and Technical College||(WV) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||94 staff||49 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,026 students||1,060 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1||23:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,315 students||435 students|
|# Part-Time Students||711 students||625 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- College Location Mi. Students
- 648 students | 0.80 Mi900 Fifth Ave
Huntington,  WV  25701
- 59 students | 8.10 Mi506 Margaret St
South Point,  OH  45680
- 3,345 students | 12.50 Mi1400 College Drive
Ashland,  KY  41101
- 2,018 students | 14.60 Mi1804 Liberty Ave
Ironton,  OH  45638
- 96 students | 30.40 Mi1176 Jackson Pke, Suite 312
Gallipolis,  OH  45631
March 14, 2018
Although California’s real estate may be soft, the state’s community college constructions projects are booming. Learn about where the $1.6 billion is going and how community colleges are improving their facilities.
March 11, 2018
Community colleges face many hurdles, ranging from budget constraints to increased enrollment, but a new study pinpoints some of the largest issues - which may surprise you.
March 11, 2018
Be surprised by the results from the first ever national community college survey, which found that students value their internet connection more than their instructors!