Mountwest Community and Technical College
- Mountwest Community and Technical College is a public institution of the West Virginia Community and Technical College System. The College provides open access to education and training for a diverse population and assists students and employers to meet regional and global workforce demands. Mountwest Community and Technical College will be a regional leader in learning-centered and future-focused education. Mountwest Community and Technical College fulfills its educational mission through developmental education; career and technical education; university transfer education; general education; professional and personal development; lifelong learning.
- The teacher population of 94 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Mountwest Community and Technical College||(WV) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||94 staff||49 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,026 students||1,060 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1||23:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,315 students||435 students|
|# Part-Time Students||711 students||625 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Mountwest Community and Technical College is Huntington Junior College (0.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 648 students | 0.80 Mi900 Fifth Ave
Huntington,  WV  25701
- 59 students | 8.10 Mi506 Margaret St
South Point,  OH  45680
- 3,345 students | 12.50 Mi1400 College Drive
Ashland,  KY  41101
- 2,018 students | 14.60 Mi1804 Liberty Ave
Ironton,  OH  45638
- 63 students | 34.70 Mi5514 Big Tyler Rd
Charleston,  WV  25313
Learn about 10 of the best jobs in health care that you can land with just a two-year degree from your local community college.
The cost of obtaining a college degree is high, especially at private universities. Students can save a great deal by choosing community college, but there are still other costs to consider. Read on to learn what costs to expect in community college and to learn some essential money management tips.
You’ve heard the saying that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Unfortunately, many community college students find that their academic chain in school is full of weak links. Read on to learn the challenges that keep community college students from achieving success and what schools and students can do to resolve those issues.