Ashland Community and Technical College
- Ashland Community and Technical College is a comprehensive institution of higher education that for a diverse population changes lives through education and training. It provides learning experiences for those preparing for an occupation upon graduation, for those transferring to a baccalaureate institution, and for those in the workforce seeking to enhance their knowledge and skills. The comprehensive college offers programs leading to the awarding of continuing education units, certificates, diplomas, and associate degrees. These programs and services are flexible, adaptable, and accessible through partnerships with other institutions and the use of technology.
- The teacher population of 138 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Ashland Community and Technical College||(KY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Less than 2 yrs|
|Total Faculty||138 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||3,345 students||3,252 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,683 students||1,360 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,662 students||1,892 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$28,600||$29,400|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chi Alpha Epsilon Honor Society, Drama Club, Multicultural Student Organization, Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society, Sigma Kappa Delta, Student Government Association
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Located in the foothills of eastern Kentucky, Ashland Community & Technical College has been the two-year college of choice for students in the Ashland area for more than 60 years. As a committed partner in community and workforce development and the continuous search for excellence, Ashland Community and Technical College offers diverse learning opportunities from liberal arts education to sophisticated technical programs. The college serves the community at large by offering basic skills education for adults, by supporting economic development through services to business and industry, and by providing programs and services that enhance the quality of life for the citizens of the Tri-State service area. As part of Kentucky Community and Technical College System, Ashland Community & Technical College offers university-parallel programs for transfer to four-year institutions and career programs for advancement in professional fields. In addition, ACTC responds to the needs of local business and industry for state-of-the-art workforce training. Thousands of people in the tri-state area of Kentucky, Ohio and West Virginia visit the ACTC campus throughout the year for life-long learning experiences and cultural programs. Ashland Community and Technical College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate degrees.
- The nearest community college to Ashland Community and Technical College is Ohio University-Southern Campus (3.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,018 students | 3.90 Mi1804 Liberty Ave
Ironton,  OH  45638
- 59 students | 4.90 Mi506 Margaret St
South Point,  OH  45680
- 648 students | 11.80 Mi900 Fifth Ave
Huntington,  WV  25701
- 2,026 students | 12.50 MiOne Mountwest Way
Huntington,  WV  25701
- 52 students | 24.90 Mi3879 Rhodes Ave.
Portsmouth,  OH  45662
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.
Living with roommates is part of an authentic college experience, but is it an option for community college students? Read on to learn about housing options in community college and to learn how to survive the year with roommates.
Some people seem to graduate high school but never really leave the academic world behind. No matter what career you pursue, there are plenty of opportunities for higher education, but are they worth it. Read on to learn about graduate degrees in nursing and whether they are worth the time, cost, and effort.