Ashland Community and Technical College
Tel: (606) 326-2000
- Ashland Community and Technical College is a comprehensive institution of higher education that for a diverse population changes lives through education and training. It provides learning experiences for those preparing for an occupation upon graduation, for those transferring to a baccalaureate institution, and for those in the workforce seeking to enhance their knowledge and skills. The comprehensive college offers programs leading to the awarding of continuing education units, certificates, diplomas, and associate degrees. These programs and services are flexible, adaptable, and accessible through partnerships with other institutions and the use of technology.
The teacher population of 138 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Ashland Community and Technical College||(KY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: High Vocational & Technical-High Traditional||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-Mixed Traditional/Nontraditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||138 staff||111 staff|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chi Alpha Epsilon Honor Society, Drama Club, Multicultural Student Organization, Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society, Sigma Kappa Delta, Student Government Association
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Located in the foothills of eastern Kentucky, Ashland Community & Technical College has been the two-year college of choice for students in the Ashland area for more than 60 years. As a committed partner in community and workforce development and the continuous search for excellence, Ashland Community and Technical College offers diverse learning opportunities from liberal arts education to sophisticated technical programs. The college serves the community at large by offering basic skills education for adults, by supporting economic development through services to business and industry, and by providing programs and services that enhance the quality of life for the citizens of the Tri-State service area. As part of Kentucky Community and Technical College System, Ashland Community & Technical College offers university-parallel programs for transfer to four-year institutions and career programs for advancement in professional fields. In addition, ACTC responds to the needs of local business and industry for state-of-the-art workforce training. Thousands of people in the tri-state area of Kentucky, Ohio and West Virginia visit the ACTC campus throughout the year for life-long learning experiences and cultural programs. Ashland Community and Technical College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate degrees.
The nearest community college to Ashland Community and Technical College is Ohio University-Southern Campus (3.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,235 students | 3.90 Mi1804 Liberty Ave
Ironton, OH 45638
(740) 533-4600 3.901,235
- 51 students | 4.90 Mi506 Margaret St
South Point, OH 45680
(740) 377-2520 4.9051
- 315 students | 11.70 Mi900 Fifth Ave
Huntington, WV 25701
(304) 697-7550 11.70315
- 1,873 students | 14.50 MiOne Mountwest Way
Huntington, WV 25701
(866) 710-3140 14.501,873
- 52 students | 24.90 Mi3879 Rhodes Ave.
Portsmouth, OH 45662
(740) 456-4124 24.9052
Learn more about how community colleges and federal loans can help you affordably finance your community college education.
Many degree programs require students to take electives but what are the pros and cons of elective courses?
Many community college students are the first in their family to attend college, and this designation comes with its own share of responsibilities and challenges. Learn about the support available specifically for first-generation community college students.