Huntington Junior College
- Founded in 1936 as a private institution of higher education, Huntington Junior College is a comprehensive, open-admission junior college located in the easily-accessible urban area and serving residents of the Tri-State area of West Virginia, Kentucky and Ohio.
- The teacher population of 20 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Huntington Junior College||(WV) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||20 staff||49 staff|
|Total Enrollment||648 students||1,060 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||32:1||23:1|
|# Full-Time Students||605 students||435 students|
|# Part-Time Students||43 students||625 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$19,600||$25,000|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Huntington Junior College is committed to providing an equal opportunity educational experience to ensure student learning, validate student outcomes, and promote academic excellence through a qualified and dedicated faculty, staff, and administration. The College provides quality education in seven two-year associate degree programs and three diploma programs. While adapting to the changing needs of society, the College has remained true to its mission throughout its long history. Huntington Junior College was founded in 1936 by Chester A. Riley, Jr., and is located in downtown Huntington. The College has remained in downtown Huntington and, is locally owned and operated. Huntington Junior College offers seven different associate degree programs that will help you prepare for your new career. Most of these programs can be completed in as little as 18-months. Degree programs offered at Huntington Junior College includes Accounting, Dental Assisting, Business Management, Medical Assisting, Computer Information Systems and Professional Office Administration. Diploma Programs includes Dental Assisting, Medical Assisting and Professional Office Administration. The College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- The nearest community college to Huntington Junior College is Mountwest Community and Technical College (0.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,026 students | 0.80 MiOne Mountwest Way
Huntington,  WV  25701
- 59 students | 7.40 Mi506 Margaret St
South Point,  OH  45680
- 3,345 students | 11.80 Mi1400 College Drive
Ashland,  KY  41101
- 2,018 students | 14.10 Mi1804 Liberty Ave
Ironton,  OH  45638
- 52 students | 35.20 Mi3879 Rhodes Ave.
Portsmouth,  OH  45662
Learn about 10 of the best jobs in health care that you can land with just a two-year degree from your local community college.
The cost of obtaining a college degree is high, especially at private universities. Students can save a great deal by choosing community college, but there are still other costs to consider. Read on to learn what costs to expect in community college and to learn some essential money management tips.
You’ve heard the saying that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Unfortunately, many community college students find that their academic chain in school is full of weak links. Read on to learn the challenges that keep community college students from achieving success and what schools and students can do to resolve those issues.