Huntington Junior College
- Founded in 1936 as a private institution of higher education, Huntington Junior College is a comprehensive, open-admission junior college located in the easily-accessible urban area and serving residents of the Tri-State area of West Virginia, Kentucky and Ohio.
The teacher population of 31 teachers has declined by 26% over five years.
|Huntington Junior College||(WV) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Special Focus Two-Year: Health Professions||Associate's Colleges: High Vocational & Technical-Mixed Traditional/Nontraditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||31 staff||49 staff|
|School Calendar||Link to School Calendar|
Source: 2020 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Huntington Junior College is committed to providing an equal opportunity educational experience to ensure student learning, validate student outcomes, and promote academic excellence through a qualified and dedicated faculty, staff, and administration. The College provides quality education in seven two-year associate degree programs and three diploma programs. While adapting to the changing needs of society, the College has remained true to its mission throughout its long history. Huntington Junior College was founded in 1936 by Chester A. Riley, Jr., and is located in downtown Huntington. The College has remained in downtown Huntington and, is locally owned and operated. Huntington Junior College offers seven different associate degree programs that will help you prepare for your new career. Most of these programs can be completed in as little as 18-months. Degree programs offered at Huntington Junior College includes Accounting, Dental Assisting, Business Management, Medical Assisting, Computer Information Systems and Professional Office Administration. Diploma Programs includes Dental Assisting, Medical Assisting and Professional Office Administration. The College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
The nearest community college to Huntington Junior College is Mountwest Community and Technical College (3.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,768 students | 3.70 MiOne Mountwest Way
Huntington, WV 25701
(866) 710-3140 3.701,768
- 29 students | 7.40 Mi506 Margaret St
South Point, OH 45680
(740) 377-2520 7.4029
- 2,598 students | 11.70 Mi1400 College Drive
Ashland, KY 41101
(606) 326-2000 11.702,598
- 2,232 students | 14.10 Mi1804 Liberty Ave
Ironton, OH 45638
(740) 533-4600 14.102,232
- 1,689 students | 40.60 Mi2001 Union Carbide Dr
South Charleston, WV 25136
(304) 734-6600 40.601,689
What states are home to the most diverse and least diverse community colleges? In our exclusive diversity report, we analyze our data to determine how much diversity there is on community college campuses throughout the United States. In addition, learn about the benefits of attending a community college with a diverse student body.
As the third wave of TAACCCT grants are issued, we take a look at how community colleges are using this federal money to beef up job training programs across the country.
We take a closer look at the Upward Bound program, which is designed to prepare students for college whom might not otherwise succeed due to economic or family factors.