- Founded in 1936 as a private institution of higher education, Huntington Junior College is a comprehensive, open-admission junior college located in the easily-accessible urban area and serving residents of the Tri-State area of West Virginia, Kentucky and Ohio.
Huntington Junior College serves 212 students (88% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 7:1 is lower than the state community college average of 13:1.
Minority enrollment is 19% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the state average of 15%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 212 students
- Private-state tuition: $7,800
- Student:teacher ratio: 7:1
- Minority enrollment: 19%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Huntington Junior College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in West Virginia for:
The teacher population of 31 teachers has grown by 55% over five years.
Huntington Junior College
(WV) Community College Avg.
Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Huntington Junior College has declined by 42% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 7:1 has decreased from 9:1 over five years.
The Huntington Junior College diversity score of 0.33 is more than the state average of 0.27. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The private state tuition of $7,800 is less than the state average of $11,594. The private state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
Private State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) , School Administrators
- Huntington Junior College is committed to providing an equal opportunity educational experience to ensure student learning, validate student outcomes, and promote academic excellence through a qualified and dedicated faculty, staff, and administration. The College provides quality education in seven two-year associate degree programs and three diploma programs. While adapting to the changing needs of society, the College has remained true to its mission throughout its long history. Huntington Junior College was founded in 1936 by Chester A. Riley, Jr., and is located in downtown Huntington. The College has remained in downtown Huntington and, is locally owned and operated. Huntington Junior College offers seven different associate degree programs that will help you prepare for your new career. Most of these programs can be completed in as little as 18-months. Degree programs offered at Huntington Junior College includes Accounting, Dental Assisting, Business Management, Medical Assisting, Computer Information Systems and Professional Office Administration. Diploma Programs includes Dental Assisting, Medical Assisting and Professional Office Administration. The College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Huntington Junior College cost?
Huntington Junior College's private state tuition is approximately $7,800.
What schools are Huntington Junior College often compared to?
Huntington Junior Collegeis often viewed alongside schools like Mountwest Community and Technical College by visitors of our site.
What is Huntington Junior College's ranking?
Huntington Junior College ranks among the top 20% of community college in West Virginia for: Diversity in US community colleges and Average community college minority breakdown.
Microcredentials: Tailoring Learning Journeys in Robotics
Micro-credentials offer a unique opportunity for adult learners to tailor their learning journeys to their specific needs and career aspirations. In this article we explore micro-credentials in robotics.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.