Huntington Junior College
Tel: (304) 697-7550
- Founded in 1936 as a private institution of higher education, Huntington Junior College is a comprehensive, open-admission junior college located in the easily-accessible urban area and serving residents of the Tri-State area of West Virginia, Kentucky and Ohio.
- The teacher population of 20 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Huntington Junior College||(WV) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||20 staff||49 staff|
|Total Enrollment||648 students||1,060 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||32:1||23:1|
|# Full-Time Students||605 students||435 students|
|# Part-Time Students||43 students||625 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$19,600||$25,000|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Huntington Junior College is committed to providing an equal opportunity educational experience to ensure student learning, validate student outcomes, and promote academic excellence through a qualified and dedicated faculty, staff, and administration. The College provides quality education in seven two-year associate degree programs and three diploma programs. While adapting to the changing needs of society, the College has remained true to its mission throughout its long history. Huntington Junior College was founded in 1936 by Chester A. Riley, Jr., and is located in downtown Huntington. The College has remained in downtown Huntington and, is locally owned and operated. Huntington Junior College offers seven different associate degree programs that will help you prepare for your new career. Most of these programs can be completed in as little as 18-months. Degree programs offered at Huntington Junior College includes Accounting, Dental Assisting, Business Management, Medical Assisting, Computer Information Systems and Professional Office Administration. Diploma Programs includes Dental Assisting, Medical Assisting and Professional Office Administration. The College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- The nearest community college to Huntington Junior College is Mountwest Community and Technical College (3.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,026 students | 3.70 MiOne Mountwest Way
Huntington,  WV  25701
(866) 710-3140 3.702,026
- 59 students | 7.40 Mi506 Margaret St
South Point,  OH  45680
(740) 377-2520 7.4059
- 3,345 students | 11.70 Mi1400 College Drive
Ashland,  KY  41101
(606) 326-2000 11.703,345
- 2,018 students | 14.10 Mi1804 Liberty Ave
Ironton,  OH  45638
(740) 533-4600 14.102,018
- 52 students | 35.20 Mi3879 Rhodes Ave.
Portsmouth,  OH  45662
(740) 456-4124 35.2052
Learn about mentoring programs at community colleges around the country and the benefits they offer to students.
Learn how community colleges and associate degrees can lead to high paying careers.
Learn what to expect in terms of classes and student life in your first semester of community college.