Huntington Junior College
Tel: (304) 697-7550
- Founded in 1936 as a private institution of higher education, Huntington Junior College is a comprehensive, open-admission junior college located in the easily-accessible urban area and serving residents of the Tri-State area of West Virginia, Kentucky and Ohio.
The teacher population of 20 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Huntington Junior College||(WV) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Special Focus Two-Year: Health Professions||Associate's Colleges: High Vocational & Technical-Mixed Traditional/Nontraditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||20 staff||49 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Huntington Junior College is committed to providing an equal opportunity educational experience to ensure student learning, validate student outcomes, and promote academic excellence through a qualified and dedicated faculty, staff, and administration. The College provides quality education in seven two-year associate degree programs and three diploma programs. While adapting to the changing needs of society, the College has remained true to its mission throughout its long history. Huntington Junior College was founded in 1936 by Chester A. Riley, Jr., and is located in downtown Huntington. The College has remained in downtown Huntington and, is locally owned and operated. Huntington Junior College offers seven different associate degree programs that will help you prepare for your new career. Most of these programs can be completed in as little as 18-months. Degree programs offered at Huntington Junior College includes Accounting, Dental Assisting, Business Management, Medical Assisting, Computer Information Systems and Professional Office Administration. Diploma Programs includes Dental Assisting, Medical Assisting and Professional Office Administration. The College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
The nearest community college to Huntington Junior College is Mountwest Community and Technical College (3.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,873 students | 3.70 MiOne Mountwest Way
Huntington, WV 25701
(866) 710-3140 3.701,873
- 51 students | 7.40 Mi506 Margaret St
South Point, OH 45680
(740) 377-2520 7.4051
- 2,542 students | 11.70 Mi1400 College Drive
Ashland, KY 41101
(606) 326-2000 11.702,542
- 1,235 students | 14.10 Mi1804 Liberty Ave
Ironton, OH 45638
(740) 533-4600 14.101,235
- 52 students | 35.20 Mi3879 Rhodes Ave.
Portsmouth, OH 45662
(740) 456-4124 35.2052
Community colleges are quickly becoming a key competitor against four year universities – and for many good reasons! Learn about why more students are opting to enroll in their local community college, rather than going straight to four year institutions.
Hunting for a job is always nerve-wracking but even more so in the aftermath of a global pandemic. Read on to learn some job-hunting tactics and tips for remote interviewing.
May 18, 2021
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.