Huntington Junior College
- Founded in 1936 as a private institution of higher education, Huntington Junior College is a comprehensive, open-admission junior college located in the easily-accessible urban area and serving residents of the Tri-State area of West Virginia, Kentucky and Ohio.
- The teacher population of 20 teachers has declined by 58% over five years.
|Huntington Junior College||(WV) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||20 staff||49 staff|
|Total Enrollment||648 students||1,060 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||32:1||23:1|
|# Full-Time Students||605 students||435 students|
|# Part-Time Students||43 students||625 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$19,600||$23,900|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Huntington Junior College is committed to providing an equal opportunity educational experience to ensure student learning, validate student outcomes, and promote academic excellence through a qualified and dedicated faculty, staff, and administration. The College provides quality education in seven two-year associate degree programs and three diploma programs. While adapting to the changing needs of society, the College has remained true to its mission throughout its long history. Huntington Junior College was founded in 1936 by Chester A. Riley, Jr., and is located in downtown Huntington. The College has remained in downtown Huntington and, is locally owned and operated. Huntington Junior College offers seven different associate degree programs that will help you prepare for your new career. Most of these programs can be completed in as little as 18-months. Degree programs offered at Huntington Junior College includes Accounting, Dental Assisting, Business Management, Medical Assisting, Computer Information Systems and Professional Office Administration. Diploma Programs includes Dental Assisting, Medical Assisting and Professional Office Administration. The College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,026 students | 0.80 MiOne Mountwest Way
Huntington,  WV  25701
- 59 students | 7.40 Mi506 Margaret St
South Point,  OH  45680
- 3,345 students | 11.80 Mi1400 College Drive
Ashland,  KY  41101
- 2,018 students | 14.10 Mi1804 Liberty Ave
Ironton,  OH  45638
- 96 students | 30.90 Mi1176 Jackson Pke, Suite 312
Gallipolis,  OH  45631
March 14, 2018
Although California’s real estate may be soft, the state’s community college constructions projects are booming. Learn about where the $1.6 billion is going and how community colleges are improving their facilities.
March 11, 2018
Community colleges face many hurdles, ranging from budget constraints to increased enrollment, but a new study pinpoints some of the largest issues - which may surprise you.
March 11, 2018
Be surprised by the results from the first ever national community college survey, which found that students value their internet connection more than their instructors!