Huntington Junior College
- Founded in 1936 as a private institution of higher education, Huntington Junior College is a comprehensive, open-admission junior college located in the easily-accessible urban area and serving residents of the Tri-State area of West Virginia, Kentucky and Ohio.
Huntington Junior College serves 277 students (87% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 9:1 is lower than the state community college average of 15:1.
Minority enrollment is 20% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the state average of 15%.
- Enrollment: 277 students
- In-state tuition: $7,800
- Out-state tuition: $7,800
- Student:teacher ratio: 9:1
- Minority enrollment: 20%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
The teacher population of 31 teachers has declined by 26% over five years.
Huntington Junior College
(WV) Community College Avg.
Special Focus Two-Year: Health Professions
Associate's Colleges: High Vocational & Technical-Mixed Traditional/Nontraditional
Less than 2 yrs
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Huntington Junior College has declined by 57% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 9:1 has decreased from 32:1 over five years.
The Huntington Junior College diversity score of 0.35 is more than the state average of 0.27. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $7,800 is more than the state average of $3,610. The in-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $7,800 is less than the state average of $8,321. The out-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2020 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) , School Administrators
- Huntington Junior College is committed to providing an equal opportunity educational experience to ensure student learning, validate student outcomes, and promote academic excellence through a qualified and dedicated faculty, staff, and administration. The College provides quality education in seven two-year associate degree programs and three diploma programs. While adapting to the changing needs of society, the College has remained true to its mission throughout its long history. Huntington Junior College was founded in 1936 by Chester A. Riley, Jr., and is located in downtown Huntington. The College has remained in downtown Huntington and, is locally owned and operated. Huntington Junior College offers seven different associate degree programs that will help you prepare for your new career. Most of these programs can be completed in as little as 18-months. Degree programs offered at Huntington Junior College includes Accounting, Dental Assisting, Business Management, Medical Assisting, Computer Information Systems and Professional Office Administration. Diploma Programs includes Dental Assisting, Medical Assisting and Professional Office Administration. The College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
An In-Depth Guide to Financing Options for Community College
Attending college is expensive but there are options for financing beyond just student loans. Keep reading to learn more.
Do You Need to Take the GRE for Community College Applications?
No matter where you choose to go to college you'll have to take some kind of standardized test. The GRE is often required for graduate programs, but it may also benefit your community college application.
Tips for Minimizing Educational Debt While in School
Education becomes more expensive with each passing year so it is important to make smart use of your student loans and to minimize your debt while you are in school whenever possible.