Huntington Junior College
Tel: (304) 697-7550
- Founded in 1936 as a private institution of higher education, Huntington Junior College is a comprehensive, open-admission junior college located in the easily-accessible urban area and serving residents of the Tri-State area of West Virginia, Kentucky and Ohio.
The teacher population of 20 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Huntington Junior College||(WV) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Special Focus Two-Year: Health Professions||Associate's Colleges: High Vocational & Technical-Mixed Traditional/Nontraditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||20 staff||49 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Huntington Junior College is committed to providing an equal opportunity educational experience to ensure student learning, validate student outcomes, and promote academic excellence through a qualified and dedicated faculty, staff, and administration. The College provides quality education in seven two-year associate degree programs and three diploma programs. While adapting to the changing needs of society, the College has remained true to its mission throughout its long history. Huntington Junior College was founded in 1936 by Chester A. Riley, Jr., and is located in downtown Huntington. The College has remained in downtown Huntington and, is locally owned and operated. Huntington Junior College offers seven different associate degree programs that will help you prepare for your new career. Most of these programs can be completed in as little as 18-months. Degree programs offered at Huntington Junior College includes Accounting, Dental Assisting, Business Management, Medical Assisting, Computer Information Systems and Professional Office Administration. Diploma Programs includes Dental Assisting, Medical Assisting and Professional Office Administration. The College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
The nearest community college to Huntington Junior College is Mountwest Community and Technical College (3.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,873 students | 3.70 MiOne Mountwest Way
Huntington, WV 25701
(866) 710-3140 3.701,873
- 51 students | 7.40 Mi506 Margaret St
South Point, OH 45680
(740) 377-2520 7.4051
- 2,542 students | 11.70 Mi1400 College Drive
Ashland, KY 41101
(606) 326-2000 11.702,542
- 1,235 students | 14.10 Mi1804 Liberty Ave
Ironton, OH 45638
(740) 533-4600 14.101,235
- 52 students | 35.20 Mi3879 Rhodes Ave.
Portsmouth, OH 45662
(740) 456-4124 35.2052
Learn more about how community colleges and federal loans can help you affordably finance your community college education.
Many degree programs require students to take electives but what are the pros and cons of elective courses?
Many community college students are the first in their family to attend college, and this designation comes with its own share of responsibilities and challenges. Learn about the support available specifically for first-generation community college students.