- Aims Community College is a public, two-year, post-secondary institution dedicated to responding to the educational needs of the local, regional, and global communities. The College was created in 1967 to serve the immediate and future educational needs of individuals within the Aims Junior College Taxing District. Committed to meeting these needs, the College offers a variety of educational programs and services delivered with integrity and a high level of quality by a professional and caring faculty and staff. Aims Community College recognizes individual differences in educational needs, desires, learning styles, and abilities.
Aims Community College serves 5,981 students (29% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is lower than the state community college average of 14:1.
Minority enrollment is 44% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the state average of 43%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 5,981 students
- In-state tuition: $2,756
- Out-state tuition: $10,424
- Student:teacher ratio: 11:1
- Minority enrollment: 44%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Aims Community College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Colorado for:
Debt For Students
The teacher population of 558 teachers has grown by 232% over five years.
Aims Community College
(CO) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs
The student population of Aims Community College has stayed relatively flat over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has decreased from 12:1 over five years.
The Aims Community College diversity score of 0.56 is less than the state average of 0.62. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $2,756 is less than the state average of $3,735. The in-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $10,424 is more than the state average of $10,371. The out-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Aims Community College is one of the largest and most comprehensive two-year colleges in Colorado. Since 1967 Aims has established four campuses, constructed 18 buildings, expanded curriculum to 2,000 day, evening and weekend courses and taught more than 300,000 students. Today, Aims ranks among the most respected community colleges in the nation. The College strives to be a dynamic and innovative organization where change is embraced and creativity is celebrated. Aims Community College is a leading source for career education and workforce development. Thus, the College provides opportunities both to gain necessary skills for employment and to upgrade abilities needed for career advancement. Aims Community College understands that our local, regional, and global communities possess multiple resources for responding to common educational and training needs. Therefore, the College seeks and invites opportunities to form productive and collaborative partnerships with other educational systems and institutions, organizations, agencies, and the business community. The College provides comprehensive educational options including: certificates and associate degrees; occupational, technical, general education, and college transfer programs; short courses on topics of specific personal or career interest; and individualized instructional opportunities Aims Community College recognizes the rapid pace of technological, social, and economic change that characterizes today's world. Aims Community College is accredited by the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Aims Community College cost?
Aims Community College's tuition is approximately $2,756 for In-State students and $10,424 for Out-State students.
What is Aims Community College's ranking?
Aims Community College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Colorado for: Least debt for graduating students.
Microcredentials: Tailoring Learning Journeys in Robotics
Micro-credentials offer a unique opportunity for adult learners to tailor their learning journeys to their specific needs and career aspirations. In this article we explore micro-credentials in robotics.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.