Northeast Mississippi Community College
Top Ranked (2021-22): View Rankings
Tel: (662) 728-7751
Northeast Mississippi Community College ranks among the top 20% of community colleges in Mississippi for:
- Category Attribute
- School Resources Percent of students receiving financial aid
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
The teacher population of 138 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Northeast Mississippi Community College||(MS) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||138 staff||143 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The College was created in 1948 to serve the needs of the people in the northeastern corner of Mississippi. The official service area of the College is Alcorn, Prentiss, Tippah, Tishomingo and Union counties. Beyond its official scope, the College enrolls students from Tennessee, Alabama, many other states, and countries. Satellite campuses are now in Union and Alcorn counties. Because we offer quality education in a convenient, affordable, and flexible format, our enrollment has grown in excess of 3,300. Northeast is a comprehensive community college with transfer, career, and technical courses in day, evening, weekend, and on-line formats. We support our students with a full array of financial aid, counseling, placement, and housing services. Our instructors are well-trained and seasoned professionals who invest their energy into the success of their students. In addition to our regular programs, Mississippi State University and the University of Mississippi offer upper-division classes on the Booneville campus. Classes may also be taken off-campus at the New Albany, Tishomingo, and Corinth sites. Quality programs, caring professionals, and modern facilities are all components of the recipe of success for the College. Northeast offers transfer programs that lead to university study, technical and vocational programs and on-site industry training. These opportunities are provided in a caring atmosphere led by excellent teachers who work for student success both in the classroom and in students' future careers. Northeast Mississippi Community College (NEMCC) is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the Associate in Arts degree, the Associate in Applied Science degree and certificates. The institution is accredited by the Mississippi State Accrediting Committee of Community and Junior Colleges.
The nearest community college to Northeast Mississippi Community College is Itawamba Community College (28.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 4,930 students | 28.40 Mi602 W Hill Street
Fulton, MS 38843
(601) 862-8000 28.404,930
- 3,539 students | 50.50 Mi800 George Wallace Blvd
Muscle Shoals, AL 35661
(256) 331-5200 50.503,539
- 4,862 students | 68.70 Mi2046 North Pky
Jackson, TN 38301
(731) 424-3520 68.704,862
- 7,618 students | 80.20 Mi4975 Hwy 51 N
Senatobia, MS 38668
(662) 562-3200 80.207,618
- 1,394 students | 81.40 Mi5100 Poplar Avenue, Suite 132
Memphis, TN 38137
(901) 761-9494 81.401,394
Leading the country in slashing public education spending, Arizona voted to defund higher education, including Pima and Maricopa Community College Districts, leaving many Arizona college students wondering what this new state legislation means for the future of their education.
Read on to learn the ins and outs of crafting the perfect college application essay.
July 30, 2021
Going to college is a major commitment and a big decision – one that thousands of students postponed during the pandemic. Now that things are slowly returning to normal, what does the world of academia look like and what challenges are educators currently facing?