Jackson State Community College
- Jackson State Community College provides accessible learning opportunities and services to a diverse student population and community. The College enhances quality of life by offering associate degrees, certificates, and enrichment courses as preparation for further higher education and for career entry or advancement.
- The teacher population of 129 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Jackson State Community College||(TN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||129 staff||29 staff|
|Total Enrollment||4,924 students||631 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||38:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,987 students||369 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,937 students||262 students|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$29,400||$29,400|
- Jackson State Community College is governed by the Tennessee Board of Regents (TBR), which was created in 1972 by the General Assembly as the governing body of the State University and Community College System of Tennessee. Quality, affordable, convenient education is offered to residents of 14 West Tennessee counties including Benton, Carroll, Chester, Crockett, Decatur, Gibson, Hardeman, Hardin, Haywood, Henderson, Henry, Madison, McNairy and Weakley. JSCC has campuses in Madison, Henderson, and Hardin counties. In addition, in fall 2001 courses were offered at community-based teaching sites in Milan, Bolivar, Brownsville, Henderson, Jackson and Savannah. You can choose from 24 concentration areas to earn the Associate of Arts or Associate of Science from the College/University Transfer program. Nearly one half of our students transfer on to four-year schools. Choose from 15 majors within Associate of Applied Science degree programs for students who want to enter the job market directly from Jackson State. In addition, three degrees are also available completely online through the Regents On-line Degree program: Associate of Applied Science in Professional Studies Concentration in Information Technology, Associate of Arts in General Studies (University Parallel), Associate of Science in General Studies (University Parallel). Technical Certificates are offered in Emergency Medical Technology Certificates and Manufacturing Technology Certificates. Career Advancement Certificates are also available in Manufacturing Technology and Electro-Mechanical Technology. Jackson State is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the Level 1 Associate degree. Career programs in the Health Sciences are accredited by agencies recognized by the U. S. Department of Education.
- The nearest community college to Jackson State Community College is Dyersburg State Community College (44.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,847 students | 44.10 Mi1510 Lake Rd
Dyersburg,  TN  38024
- 1,425 students | 66.20 Mi2501 S Division
Blytheville,  AR  72316
- 3,215 students | 68.70 Mi101 Cunningham Blvd
Booneville,  MS  38829
- 1,310 students | 72.50 Mi5100 Poplar Avenue, Suite 132
Memphis,  TN  38137
- 249 students | 77.80 Mi1200 Poplar Ave
Memphis,  TN  38104