Jackson State Community College
- Jackson State Community College provides accessible learning opportunities and services to a diverse student population and community. The College enhances quality of life by offering associate degrees, certificates, and enrichment courses as preparation for further higher education and for career entry or advancement.
- Enrollment: 4,203 students
- In-state tuition: $3,804
- Out-state tuition: $14,868
- Acceptance Rate: 56%
- Student:teacher ratio: 14:1
- Minority enrollment: 22%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Jackson State Community College is governed by the Tennessee Board of Regents (TBR), which was created in 1972 by the General Assembly as the governing body of the State University and Community College System of Tennessee. Quality, affordable, convenient education is offered to residents of 14 West Tennessee counties including Benton, Carroll, Chester, Crockett, Decatur, Gibson, Hardeman, Hardin, Haywood, Henderson, Henry, Madison, McNairy and Weakley. JSCC has campuses in Madison, Henderson, and Hardin counties. In addition, in fall 2001 courses were offered at community-based teaching sites in Milan, Bolivar, Brownsville, Henderson, Jackson and Savannah. You can choose from 24 concentration areas to earn the Associate of Arts or Associate of Science from the College/University Transfer program. Nearly one half of our students transfer on to four-year schools. Choose from 15 majors within Associate of Applied Science degree programs for students who want to enter the job market directly from Jackson State. In addition, three degrees are also available completely online through the Regents On-line Degree program: Associate of Applied Science in Professional Studies Concentration in Information Technology, Associate of Arts in General Studies (University Parallel), Associate of Science in General Studies (University Parallel). Technical Certificates are offered in Emergency Medical Technology Certificates and Manufacturing Technology Certificates. Career Advancement Certificates are also available in Manufacturing Technology and Electro-Mechanical Technology. Jackson State is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the Level 1 Associate degree. Career programs in the Health Sciences are accredited by agencies recognized by the U. S. Department of Education.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Jackson State Community College cost?
Jackson State Community College's tuition is approximately $3,804 for In-State students and $14,868 for Out-State students.
What schools are Jackson State Community College often compared to?
Jackson State Community Collegeis often viewed alongside schools like Hussian College-Daymar College Clarksville by visitors of our site.
What is the acceptance rate of Jackson State Community College?
The acceptance rate of Jackson State Community College is 56%, which is lower than the state average of 95%.