Itawamba Community College
- Itawamba Community College is a two-year public supported community college dedicated to serving the educational needs of the citizens primarily of Chickasaw, Itawamba, Lee, Monroe, and Pontotoc counties in Northeast Mississippi. Its main purpose is to provide comprehensive educational opportunities of the highest quality through academic, vocational-technical and personal enrichment programs in order to meet local needs at low cost to students.
Top Placements (Mississippi)
Listed among the top community colleges in Mississippi for:
- Category Attribute
- School Resources Percent of students receiving financial aid
- The teacher population of 236 teachers has declined by 36% over five years.
|Itawamba Community College||(MS) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||236 staff||138 staff|
|Total Enrollment||5,654 students||2,966 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1||22:1|
|# Full-Time Students||3,780 students||2,344 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,874 students||622 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||1,000||593|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$30,000||$30,000|
- Itawamba Community College continues to enjoy outstanding growth in the areas of facilities and state-of-the-art technology on both the Fulton and Tupelo campuses. Modern buildings nestled on beautiful campuses provide a warm and inviting educational atmosphere. There are approximately 30 buildings on the Fulton campus and 14 buildings on the Tupelo campus, and construction is under way or planned for several more. All instructional centers are equipped with the latest technology to enable Itawamba Community College students to be competitive in the job market or to transfer easily to universities or colleges. Itawamba Community College is a recognized state and regional leader in using state-of-the-art technology to enhance delivery of programs and services. ICC constantly seeks innovative ways of making quality instruction more readily available to the residents of North Mississippi including: multi-media classrooms, Community College Network/distance learning, Computer Integrated Manufacturing Center, Skills Enhancement Center, Internet access, Automated Library system with on-line catalog; and Kiosk. Itawamba Community College has a rich tradition of athletic excellence. ICC has an outstanding athletic program that offers nine sanctioned collegiate sports including football, men's and women's basketball, soccer, women's fast pitch softball, baseball, men's and women's tennis and golf. ICC's athletic programs are among the top in Mississippi's Community Colleges. This success is related to the commitment of the college, the support of the community and an outstanding athletic department. Itawamba Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the Associate of Arts degree, the Associate of Applied Science degree, and career-technical certificates.
- The nearest community college to Itawamba Community College is Northeast Mississippi Community College (28.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,215 students | 28.40 Mi101 Cunningham Blvd
Booneville,  MS  38829
- 3,891 students | 52.70 Mi800 George Wallace Blvd
Muscle Shoals,  AL  35661
- 3,609 students | 72.40 Mi1411 Indiana Avenue
Jasper,  AL  35501
- 10,802 students | 87.30 Mi6250 U S Highway 31 N
Tanner,  AL  35671
- 7,559 students | 91.80 Mi4975 Hwy 51 N
Senatobia,  MS  38668