Northeast Louisiana Technical College
Tel: (318) 397-6100
- The Louisiana Technical College (LTC) delivers instructional programs which provide skilled employees for business and industry that contribute to the overall economic development and workforce needs of the state. The LTC provides individuals with quality and relevant learning opportunities consistent with identified student and business and industry needs within a life-long learning environment.
The teacher population of 98 teachers has grown by 145% over five years.
|Northeast Louisiana Technical College||(LA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associates Colleges||Associate's--Public Urban-serving Multicampus|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||98 staff||26 staff|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||83%||90%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Louisiana Technical College provides statewide technical and vocational education and is composed of seven districts with forty campuses, each consisting of a multicultural population encompassing much diversification in the way of ideas, traditions, values, skills, and arts. This college is governed by the Louisiana Community and Technical College System (LCTCS) Board of Supervisors, which in turn comes under regulations set forth by the Louisiana Board of Regents for Higher Education. The Louisiana Technical College works closely with local and statewide industry to bring the latest training programs to our students. Each campus offers customized training programs. The Accrediting Commission of the Council on Occupational Education (COE) accredits each individual campus of the Louisiana Technical College.
The nearest community college to Northeast Louisiana Technical College is Platt College-McCann-Monroe (10.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 607 students | 10.70 Mi2319 Louisville Ave
Monroe, LA 71201
(318) 323-2889 10.70607
- 3,815 students | 14.70 Mi7500 Millhaven Rd
Monroe, LA 71203
(866) 500-5322 14.703,815
- 259 students | 27.50 Mi729 Kammell St
Bastrop, LA 71221
(318) 283-0836 27.50259
- 375 students | 40.70 Mi1710 Warren St
Winnsboro, LA 71295
- 293 students | 45.50 Mi304 South Jones Street
Winnfield, LA 71483
(318) 628-4342 45.50293
Check out the latest rankings by Community College Times that shows the community colleges that were the top degree producers in the country last year.
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
July 30, 2021
Going to college is a major commitment and a big decision – one that thousands of students postponed during the pandemic. Now that things are slowly returning to normal, what does the world of academia look like and what challenges are educators currently facing?