Walnut Hill College
Tel: (215) 222-4200
- Centrally located in the cultural center of the world-class city of Philadelphia, Walnut Hill College, formerly The Restaurant Schook, offers students dynamic Bachelor's and Associate degree programs in Culinary Arts, Hotel Management, Pastry Arts, and Restaurant Management and includes tours of France, Bahamas and England. Hospitality is at the heart of all we do. We look forward to meeting you.
The teacher population of 21 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Walnut Hill College||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private not-for-profit|
|Total Faculty||21 staff||30 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Founded by a restaurateur, chef, maitre'd, and educational specialist, the school's campus has been designed to support industry trends and educational goals. Its European Courtyard complex features open-to-the-public restaurants including our new Bistro Perrier featuring Chef Georges Perrier, Master in Residence. This academic setting enables students to participate in a real-life kitchen setting and to manage front-of-house service. Walnut Hill College, formerly The Restaurant School, offers a specially designed curriculum for individuals planning a successful career in the culinary and hospitality field. For over 44 years, Walnut Hill College has received national acclaim for its innovative approach to education. We offer a real life, interactive educational experience in a bustling restaurant environment in the heart of University City, Philadelphia - home to one of the largest student populations in America. Students are encouraged to join one of our student organizations, which provide them a chance to explore famous restaurants, hotels, pastry shops, and local wineries. Our clubs enable students to network with industry leaders and build their rm The heart of Walnut Hill College's campus is a picturesque European courtyard situated in the midst of an American college environment. The college's major building, Allison Mansion, features bright restaurant kitchens, multi-media enhanced lecture halls, computer labs, a library, and four different themed open-to-the-public restaurants, which serve as part of educational life. As the college grows and new buildings are added, the Mansion continues to service as the hub of campus life.
Profile last updated:
The nearest community college to Walnut Hill College is Lincoln Technical Institute-Center City Philadelphia (0.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 533 students | 0.60 Mi3600 Market St
Philadelphia,  PA  19104
(215) 382-1553 0.60533
- 16,672 students | 2.10 Mi1700 Spring Garden St
Philadelphia,  PA  19130
(215) 751-8000 2.1016,672
- 1,357 students | 2.20 Mi1420 Pine Street
Philadelphia,  PA  19102
(888) 467-3472 2.201,357
- 8 students | 2.20 Mi4322 N. 5th Street
Philadelphia,  PA  19140
(215) 455-00000000 2.208
- 81 students | 2.30 Mi1500 Spring Garden Street Ste. 101
Philadelphia,  PA  19130
(215) 574-9600 2.3081
Learn about how the failure of the American auto industry, along with President Obama's education initiatives, will translate into increased enrollment in community college campuses.
Learn about a new option students are using to finance their community college education: savings-matching programs.
As tuition rates at community colleges increase nationwide, we share options in financial aid and other tips to make the college experience more affordable, including what the government has proposed to keep community college affordable.