- Centrally located in the cultural center of the world-class city of Philadelphia, Walnut Hill College, formerly The Restaurant Schook, offers students dynamic Bachelor's and Associate degree programs in Culinary Arts, Hotel Management, Pastry Arts, and Restaurant Management and includes tours of France, Bahamas and England. Hospitality is at the heart of all we do. We look forward to meeting you.
Walnut Hill College serves 159 students (100% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 8:1 is lower than the state community college average of 11:1.
Minority enrollment is 50% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the state average of 39%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 159 students
- Private-state tuition: $23,550
- Acceptance Rate: 75%
- Student:teacher ratio: 8:1
- Minority enrollment: 50%
- Source: Verified school update
Walnut Hill College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Pennsylvania for:
The teacher population of 21 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Walnut Hill College
(PA) Community College Avg.
Four or more years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Walnut Hill College has declined by 52% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 8:1 has decreased from 19:1 over five years.
The Walnut Hill College diversity score of 0.65 is more than the state average of 0.59. The school's diversity has grown by 7% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The private state tuition of $23,550 is more than the state average of $17,669. The private state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
Private State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) , School Administrators
- Founded by a restaurateur, chef, maitre'd, and educational specialist, the school's campus has been designed to support industry trends and educational goals. Its European Courtyard complex features open-to-the-public restaurants including our new Bistro Perrier featuring Chef Georges Perrier, Master in Residence. This academic setting enables students to participate in a real-life kitchen setting and to manage front-of-house service. Walnut Hill College, formerly The Restaurant School, offers a specially designed curriculum for individuals planning a successful career in the culinary and hospitality field. For over 44 years, Walnut Hill College has received national acclaim for its innovative approach to education. We offer a real life, interactive educational experience in a bustling restaurant environment in the heart of University City, Philadelphia - home to one of the largest student populations in America. Students are encouraged to join one of our student organizations, which provide them a chance to explore famous restaurants, hotels, pastry shops, and local wineries. Our clubs enable students to network with industry leaders and build their rm The heart of Walnut Hill College's campus is a picturesque European courtyard situated in the midst of an American college environment. The college's major building, Allison Mansion, features bright restaurant kitchens, multi-media enhanced lecture halls, computer labs, a library, and four different themed open-to-the-public restaurants, which serve as part of educational life. As the college grows and new buildings are added, the Mansion continues to service as the hub of campus life.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Walnut Hill College cost?
Walnut Hill College's private state tuition is approximately $23,550.
What is the acceptance rate of Walnut Hill College?
The acceptance rate of Walnut Hill College is 75%, which is lower than the state average of 85%.
What is Walnut Hill College's ranking?
Walnut Hill College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Pennsylvania for: Diversity in US community colleges.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
Housing is Down, but California Community College Construction Projects Still Strong
Although California’s real estate may be soft, the state’s community college constructions projects are booming. Learn about where the $1.6 billion is going and how community colleges are improving their facilities.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.