North Central State College
Tel: (419) 755-4800
- North Central State College is a public two-year community-based educational institution serving the residents of north central Ohio. The college offers high quality, technical education in more than 60 associate degree and certificate programs in Health Sciences, Business & Technology, Public Service, Design, Engineering and transfer options, as well as customized workforce training programs.
|North Central State College||(OH) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||- staff||35 staff|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sports|
|Sports||Intramural Sports OnlyIntramural Sports Only|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||15 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Awakening on Campus, Best Buddies International, Club Ed, Club Rad 2019, Mansfield Social Work Student Association (SWSA), National Cyber Student Association, North Central Buckeye Optimist Club, Outloud, Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society, Ping Pong Club, Psi Beta Honor Society, Psi Chi, Student Nurses Association (SNA), Student Veterans Association, The National Society of Leadership and Success
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Prior to its charter as North Central Technical College, the institution was known as the Mansfield School of Technology. It was initiated by the Mansfield Board of Education in September 1961 and approved by the State Department of Education. The rationale of the Mansfield Board of Education was to establish a two-year, post-high school diploma granting school that would prepare men and women for various careers. The graduates were satisfying the rapidly-growing employment needs in the industrial and business society of the area. Currently, the NC State-OSU Campus houses North Central State College and a regional campus of The Ohio State University. Certain physical facilities and services are shared by each institution. The campus represents a model in sharing resources by two separate institutions. Each institution has its own faculty, curriculum, policies, and operating procedures. NC State also maintains a Learning Center in Shelby. Located on a 600-acre tract of land, the campus offers a variety of physical facilities to support many academic and extracurricular activities. The campus consists of ten buildings, encompassing an area of approximately 250,000 square feet. The Henry R. Fallerius Technical Education Center contains classrooms, lecture halls, technical laboratories, data center, faculty offices, and the administrative offices for North Central State College. The Dwight D. Eisenhower Memorial Center serves as a comprehensive, student center which includes the student union, quiet and active game areas, music-listening rooms, cafeteria, and a student coffee house. Bromfield Hall includes a library, classrooms, laboratories, and faculty offices. North Central State College is chartered by the Ohio Board of Regents as a state-assisted institution of higher education and is approved by the State Department of Education, U.S. Department of Education; State Department of Education for Veterans; Bureau of Vocational Rehabilitation; and the Department of Justice, Immigration, and Naturalization Service. The College is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Profile last updated:
The nearest community college to North Central State College is Ohio State University-Mansfield Campus (0.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,188 students | 0.20 Mi1760 University Drive
Mansfield,  OH  44906
(419) 755-4011 0.201,188
- 2,468 students | 30.60 Mi1467 Mount Vernon Ave
Marion,  OH  43302
(740) 389-4636 30.602,468
- 1,204 students | 30.70 Mi1465 Mount Vernon Ave
Marion,  OH  43302
(740) 725-6111 30.701,204
- 702 students | 34.50 Mi1328 Dover Rd
Wooster,  OH  44691
(330) 287-1330 34.50702
- 2,287 students | 39.90 MiOne University Drive
Huron,  OH  44839
(419) 433-5560 39.902,287
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
We examine a new report at USA Today that shows employment rates for community college graduates have skyrocketed - and which of the fields where a community college degree is particularly helpful.
Who says college is just for the 18 - 22 year old crowd? In fact, more community colleges are recruiting students over the age of 50 - and for good reason!