North Central State College
- The mission of the college is to provide quality, responsive, lifelong learning opportunities, including occupational, degree and other educational programs for individuals, business and industry, and the community we serve.
- The teacher population of 96 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|North Central State College||(OH) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||96 staff||35 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,937 students||734 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||31:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||750 students||450 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,187 students||284 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$29,600||$30,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Prior to its charter as North Central Technical College, the institution was known as the Mansfield School of Technology. It was initiated by the Mansfield Board of Education in September 1961 and approved by the State Department of Education. The rationale of the Mansfield Board of Education was to establish a two-year, post-high school diploma granting school that would prepare men and women for various careers. The graduates were satisfying the rapidly-growing employment needs in the industrial and business society of the area. Currently, the NC State-OSU Campus houses North Central State College and a regional campus of The Ohio State University. Certain physical facilities and services are shared by each institution. The campus represents a model in sharing resources by two separate institutions. Each institution has its own faculty, curriculum, policies, and operating procedures. NC State also maintains a Learning Center in Shelby. Located on a 600-acre tract of land, the campus offers a variety of physical facilities to support many academic and extracurricular activities. The campus consists of ten buildings, encompassing an area of approximately 250,000 square feet. The Henry R. Fallerius Technical Education Center contains classrooms, lecture halls, technical laboratories, data center, faculty offices, and the administrative offices for North Central State College. The Dwight D. Eisenhower Memorial Center serves as a comprehensive, student center which includes the student union, quiet and active game areas, music-listening rooms, cafeteria, and a student coffee house. Bromfield Hall includes a library, classrooms, laboratories, and faculty offices. North Central State College is chartered by the Ohio Board of Regents as a state-assisted institution of higher education and is approved by the State Department of Education, U.S. Department of Education; State Department of Education for Veterans; Bureau of Vocational Rehabilitation; and the Department of Justice, Immigration, and Naturalization Service. The College is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- The nearest community college to North Central State College is Ohio State University-Mansfield Campus (0.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,188 students | 0.20 Mi1760 University Drive
Mansfield,  OH  44906
- 1,204 students | 30.60 Mi1465 Mount Vernon Ave
Marion,  OH  43302
- 2,468 students | 30.70 Mi1467 Mount Vernon Ave
Marion,  OH  43302
- 702 students | 34.40 Mi1328 Dover Rd
Wooster,  OH  44691
- 2,287 students | 41.50 MiOne University Drive
Huron,  OH  44839
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, businesses around the country are facing setbacks - colleges included. Read on to learn more about the impact of the pandemic on higher education in the United States.