North Central State College
Tel: (419) 755-4800
- North Central State College is a public two-year community-based educational institution serving the residents of north central Ohio. The college offers high quality, technical education in more than 60 associate degree and certificate programs in Health Sciences, Business & Technology, Public Service, Design, Engineering and transfer options, as well as customized workforce training programs.
The teacher population of 96 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|North Central State College||(OH) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate/Associate's Colleges: Associate's Dominant|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, for profit|
|Total Faculty||96 staff||39 staff|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sports|
|Sports||Intramural Sports OnlyIntramural Sports Only|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||15 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Awakening on Campus, Best Buddies International, Club Ed, Club Rad 2019, Mansfield Social Work Student Association (SWSA), National Cyber Student Association, North Central Buckeye Optimist Club, Outloud, Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society, Ping Pong Club, Psi Beta Honor Society, Psi Chi, Student Nurses Association (SNA), Student Veterans Association, The National Society of Leadership and Success
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Prior to its charter as North Central Technical College, the institution was known as the Mansfield School of Technology. It was initiated by the Mansfield Board of Education in September 1961 and approved by the State Department of Education. The rationale of the Mansfield Board of Education was to establish a two-year, post-high school diploma granting school that would prepare men and women for various careers. The graduates were satisfying the rapidly-growing employment needs in the industrial and business society of the area. Currently, the NC State-OSU Campus houses North Central State College and a regional campus of The Ohio State University. Certain physical facilities and services are shared by each institution. The campus represents a model in sharing resources by two separate institutions. Each institution has its own faculty, curriculum, policies, and operating procedures. NC State also maintains a Learning Center in Shelby. Located on a 600-acre tract of land, the campus offers a variety of physical facilities to support many academic and extracurricular activities. The campus consists of ten buildings, encompassing an area of approximately 250,000 square feet. The Henry R. Fallerius Technical Education Center contains classrooms, lecture halls, technical laboratories, data center, faculty offices, and the administrative offices for North Central State College. The Dwight D. Eisenhower Memorial Center serves as a comprehensive, student center which includes the student union, quiet and active game areas, music-listening rooms, cafeteria, and a student coffee house. Bromfield Hall includes a library, classrooms, laboratories, and faculty offices. North Central State College is chartered by the Ohio Board of Regents as a state-assisted institution of higher education and is approved by the State Department of Education, U.S. Department of Education; State Department of Education for Veterans; Bureau of Vocational Rehabilitation; and the Department of Justice, Immigration, and Naturalization Service. The College is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
The nearest community college to North Central State College is Ohio State University-Mansfield Campus (0.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,099 students | 0.20 Mi1760 University Drive
Mansfield, OH 44906
(419) 755-4317 0.201,099
- 2,395 students | 30.60 Mi1467 Mount Vernon Ave
Marion, OH 43302
(740) 389-4636 30.602,395
- 1,252 students | 30.70 Mi1461 Mount Vernon Ave
Marion, OH 43302
(740) 389-6786 30.701,252
- 687 students | 34.50 Mi1328 Dover Rd
Wooster, OH 44691
(330) 287-1330 34.50687
- 1,997 students | 39.90 MiOne University Drive
Huron, OH 44839
(419) 372-5526 39.901,997
Check out the latest rankings by Community College Times that shows the community colleges that were the top degree producers in the country last year.
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
July 30, 2021
Going to college is a major commitment and a big decision – one that thousands of students postponed during the pandemic. Now that things are slowly returning to normal, what does the world of academia look like and what challenges are educators currently facing?