North Central State College
Tel: (419) 755-4800
- North Central State College is a public two-year community-based educational institution serving the residents of north central Ohio. The college offers high quality, technical education in more than 60 associate degree and certificate programs in Health Sciences, Business & Technology, Public Service, Design, Engineering and transfer options, as well as customized workforce training programs.
The teacher population of 214 teachers has grown by 59% over five years.
|North Central State College||(OH) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: High Vocational & Technical-High Nontraditional||Baccalaureate/Associate's Colleges: Associate's Dominant|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||214 staff||91 staff|
|School Calendar||Link to School Calendar|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sports|
|Sports||Intramural Sports OnlyIntramural Sports Only|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||15 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Awakening on Campus, Best Buddies International, Club Ed, Club Rad 2019, Mansfield Social Work Student Association (SWSA), National Cyber Student Association, North Central Buckeye Optimist Club, Outloud, Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society, Ping Pong Club, Psi Beta Honor Society, Psi Chi, Student Nurses Association (SNA), Student Veterans Association, The National Society of Leadership and Success
Source: 2020 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Prior to its charter as North Central Technical College, the institution was known as the Mansfield School of Technology. It was initiated by the Mansfield Board of Education in September 1961 and approved by the State Department of Education. The rationale of the Mansfield Board of Education was to establish a two-year, post-high school diploma granting school that would prepare men and women for various careers. The graduates were satisfying the rapidly-growing employment needs in the industrial and business society of the area. Currently, the NC State-OSU Campus houses North Central State College and a regional campus of The Ohio State University. Certain physical facilities and services are shared by each institution. The campus represents a model in sharing resources by two separate institutions. Each institution has its own faculty, curriculum, policies, and operating procedures. NC State also maintains a Learning Center in Shelby. Located on a 600-acre tract of land, the campus offers a variety of physical facilities to support many academic and extracurricular activities. The campus consists of ten buildings, encompassing an area of approximately 250,000 square feet. The Henry R. Fallerius Technical Education Center contains classrooms, lecture halls, technical laboratories, data center, faculty offices, and the administrative offices for North Central State College. The Dwight D. Eisenhower Memorial Center serves as a comprehensive, student center which includes the student union, quiet and active game areas, music-listening rooms, cafeteria, and a student coffee house. Bromfield Hall includes a library, classrooms, laboratories, and faculty offices. North Central State College is chartered by the Ohio Board of Regents as a state-assisted institution of higher education and is approved by the State Department of Education, U.S. Department of Education; State Department of Education for Veterans; Bureau of Vocational Rehabilitation; and the Department of Justice, Immigration, and Naturalization Service. The College is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
The nearest community college to North Central State College is Ohio State University-Mansfield Campus (0.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,078 students | 0.20 Mi1760 University Drive
Mansfield, OH 44906
(419) 755-4317 0.201,078
- 2,524 students | 30.60 Mi1467 Mount Vernon Ave
Marion, OH 43302
(740) 389-4636 30.602,524
- 1,274 students | 30.70 Mi1461 Mount Vernon Ave
Marion, OH 43302
(740) 389-6786 30.701,274
- 594 students | 34.50 Mi1328 Dover Rd
Wooster, OH 44691
(330) 287-1331 34.50594
- 2,167 students | 39.90 MiOne University Drive
Huron, OH 44839
(419) 372-5526 39.902,167
What states are home to the most diverse and least diverse community colleges? In our exclusive diversity report, we analyze our data to determine how much diversity there is on community college campuses throughout the United States. In addition, learn about the benefits of attending a community college with a diverse student body.
As the third wave of TAACCCT grants are issued, we take a look at how community colleges are using this federal money to beef up job training programs across the country.
We take a closer look at the Upward Bound program, which is designed to prepare students for college whom might not otherwise succeed due to economic or family factors.