Stark State College
- Stark State College provides high-value, student-centered associate degrees and professional development. The College is dedicated to individual learning, transferable higher education and career success. We advance quality of life through accessibility and business and community partnerships.
|Stark State College||(OH) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, for profit|
|Total Faculty||327 staff||40 staff|
- Stark State College is the largest of five colleges and universities in Stark County, and Ohio's largest technical college with a headcount of over 7000 credit students. In 2005, the U.S. Department of Education ranked Stark State College as 11th among the top 50 fastest growing public two-year colleges in the nation by headcount between 5,000 and 9,999 students. Stark State College prepares individuals to enter fields in business technologies, engineering technologies, health technologies, information technologies, public service technologies and general studies. Degrees awarded are the associate of applied science, associate of applied business and associate of technical studies. The College also offers the following degrees in conjunction with Kent State University: Associate of Arts, Associate of Applied Business and Associate of Science. In addition to our 44 associate degree programs, any student can begin any college major at Stark State through the transfer module. The transfer module consists of 35 to 37 semester hours of coursework that are guaranteed to transfer to any other state college or university. Many students and parents take advantage of this cost-effective approach to a four-year degree program. Stark State is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 4,771 students | 0.20 Mi6000 Frank Ave NW
Canton,  OH  44720
(330) 499-9600 0.204,771
- 471 students | 1.70 Mi4300 Munson Street, NW
Canton,  OH  44718
(330) 494-1214 1.70471
- 343 students | 5.60 Mi2600 6th St SW
Canton,  OH  44710
(330) 363-6347 5.60343
- 43 students | 10.80 Mi3681 Manchester Rd.
Akron,  OH  44319
(330) 867-1996 10.8043
- 494 students | 11.30 Mi1600 South Arlington Street, Suite 100
Akron,  OH  44306
(330) 724-1600 11.30494