Marion Technical College
Marion Technical College Photo #2 - The Student Resource Center is always there to help students and faculty.
Marion Technical College Photo #3 - So many programs to choose from! Which program best suits your interest?
Marion Technical College Photo #6 - Come for a tour ... stay for an education. MTC is all about YOU!
- Over 35,000 students have enrolled at Marion Technical College for some type of training since 1971. MTC's student body is a melting pot of sixteen-year-olds through sixty-year-olds. 'We are proud to have a diverse student body where the strengths of each student enhances the learning environment for all students. Our students 'do it all' ' juggling families, jobs, and college ' and they are able to do it because of MTC's flexibility with classes offered throughout the day and evening, one night per week, on weekends, and online.
The teacher population of 82 teachers has declined by 8% over five years.
|Marion Technical College||(OH) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: High Vocational & Technical-High Nontraditional||Baccalaureate/Associate's Colleges: Associate's Dominant|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, for profit|
|Total Faculty||82 staff||39 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- In 1971, Marion Technical College [MTC] began a history of service, opening its doors to 187 students enrolled in four technical programs. To date, 33,383 have attended classes in more than 40 associate degree and certificate programs in Business, Engineering, Health, Information, Medical Sciences, and Public Service technologies. Marion Technical College is located on a 180-acre campus just east of the city of Marion on State Route 95, sharing five buildings with The Ohio State University at Marion [OSUM]. The Marion Campus is a co-located campus, hosting Marion Technical College and The Ohio State University at Marion [OSUM]. The Technical Education Center houses most MTC classes, state-of-the-art labs, and administrative offices. Morrill Hall features labs, an auditorium, art gallery, and classrooms. The George H. Alber Student Center houses the Marion Campus Bookstore, gymnasium and locker rooms, weight room, student government offices, game room, lounge, vending area, and classrooms. The Library/Classroom Building houses campus library services, classrooms, meeting rooms, study areas, and microcomputer labs. The Center for Workforce Development, a 10,000 square foot facility located adjacent to the Campus, focuses on specialized training for area business and industry. Marion Technical College is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association. MTC offers the Associate of Arts and Associate of Science transfer degrees creating easy opportunity to begin a bachelor's degree.
The nearest community college to Marion Technical College is Ohio State University-Marion Campus (0.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,252 students | 0.10 Mi1461 Mount Vernon Ave
Marion, OH 43302
(740) 389-6786 0.101,252
- 2,937 students | 30.60 Mi2441 Kenwood Circle
Mansfield, OH 44906
(419) 755-4800 30.602,937
- 1,099 students | 30.80 Mi1760 University Drive
Mansfield, OH 44906
(419) 755-4317 30.801,099
- 329 students | 34.50 Mi1880 E. Dublin - Granville Rd. - Ste 100
Columbus, OH 43229
(800) 954-4274 34.50329
- 2,109 students | 35.60 Mi4140 Executive Parkway
Westerville, OH 43081
(855) 906-8773 35.602,109
Are you receiving the full financial aid you should? The process of applying for financial aid can be both time-consuming and confusing, especially for first-time college students. Learn about common errors to avoid in order to maximize your financial aid opportunities.
Make sure that your community college credits will transfer to your four year university by following these recommended strategies.
In preparation for the newly approved industry on its way to Massachusetts, community colleges across the state are partnering with the gambling industry to provide casino training.