Marion Technical College Photo #2 - The Student Resource Center is always there to help students and faculty.
Marion Technical College Photo #3 - So many programs to choose from! Which program best suits your interest?
Marion Technical College Photo #6 - Come for a tour ... stay for an education. MTC is all about YOU!
- Over 35,000 students have enrolled at Marion Technical College for some type of training since 1971. MTC's student body is a melting pot of sixteen-year-olds through sixty-year-olds. 'We are proud to have a diverse student body where the strengths of each student enhances the learning environment for all students. Our students 'do it all' ' juggling families, jobs, and college ' and they are able to do it because of MTC's flexibility with classes offered throughout the day and evening, one night per week, on weekends, and online.
Marion Technical College serves 2,147 students (22% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is lower than the state community college average of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 11% of the student body (majority Black and Hispanic), which is less than the state average of 28%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 2,147 students
- In-state tuition: $4,414
- Out-state tuition: $6,334
- Student:teacher ratio: 14:1
- Minority enrollment: 11%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Marion Technical College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Ohio for:
Debt For Students
The teacher population of 157 teachers has grown by 91% over five years.
Marion Technical College
(OH) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
Four or more years
The student population of Marion Technical College has declined by 14% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five years.
The Marion Technical College diversity score of 0.21 is less than the state average of 0.46. The school's diversity has declined by 30% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $4,414 is less than the state average of $4,876. The in-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $6,334 is less than the state average of $11,127. The out-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
some additional lab
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) , School Administrators
- In 1971, Marion Technical College [MTC] began a history of service, opening its doors to 187 students enrolled in four technical programs. To date, 33,383 have attended classes in more than 40 associate degree and certificate programs in Business, Engineering, Health, Information, Medical Sciences, and Public Service technologies. Marion Technical College is located on a 180-acre campus just east of the city of Marion on State Route 95, sharing five buildings with The Ohio State University at Marion [OSUM]. The Marion Campus is a co-located campus, hosting Marion Technical College and The Ohio State University at Marion [OSUM]. The Technical Education Center houses most MTC classes, state-of-the-art labs, and administrative offices. Morrill Hall features labs, an auditorium, art gallery, and classrooms. The George H. Alber Student Center houses the Marion Campus Bookstore, gymnasium and locker rooms, weight room, student government offices, game room, lounge, vending area, and classrooms. The Library/Classroom Building houses campus library services, classrooms, meeting rooms, study areas, and microcomputer labs. The Center for Workforce Development, a 10,000 square foot facility located adjacent to the Campus, focuses on specialized training for area business and industry. Marion Technical College is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association. MTC offers the Associate of Arts and Associate of Science transfer degrees creating easy opportunity to begin a bachelor's degree.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Marion Technical College cost?
Marion Technical College's tuition is approximately $4,414 for In-State students and $6,334 for Out-State students.
What is Marion Technical College's ranking?
Marion Technical College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Ohio for: Least expensive tuition and Least debt for graduating students.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
Housing is Down, but California Community College Construction Projects Still Strong
Although California’s real estate may be soft, the state’s community college constructions projects are booming. Learn about where the $1.6 billion is going and how community colleges are improving their facilities.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.