Marion Technical College
Tel: (740) 389-4636
Marion Technical College Photo #2 - The Student Resource Center is always there to help students and faculty.
Marion Technical College Photo #3 - So many programs to choose from! Which program best suits your interest?
Marion Technical College Photo #6 - Come for a tour ... stay for an education. MTC is all about YOU!
- Over 35,000 students have enrolled at Marion Technical College for some type of training since 1971. MTC's student body is a melting pot of sixteen-year-olds through sixty-year-olds. 'We are proud to have a diverse student body where the strengths of each student enhances the learning environment for all students. Our students 'do it all' ' juggling families, jobs, and college ' and they are able to do it because of MTC's flexibility with classes offered throughout the day and evening, one night per week, on weekends, and online.
- The teacher population of 82 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Marion Technical College||(OH) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||82 staff||35 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,468 students||734 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||30:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||742 students||450 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,726 students||284 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,600||$30,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- In 1971, Marion Technical College [MTC] began a history of service, opening its doors to 187 students enrolled in four technical programs. To date, 33,383 have attended classes in more than 40 associate degree and certificate programs in Business, Engineering, Health, Information, Medical Sciences, and Public Service technologies. Marion Technical College is located on a 180-acre campus just east of the city of Marion on State Route 95, sharing five buildings with The Ohio State University at Marion [OSUM]. The Marion Campus is a co-located campus, hosting Marion Technical College and The Ohio State University at Marion [OSUM]. The Technical Education Center houses most MTC classes, state-of-the-art labs, and administrative offices. Morrill Hall features labs, an auditorium, art gallery, and classrooms. The George H. Alber Student Center houses the Marion Campus Bookstore, gymnasium and locker rooms, weight room, student government offices, game room, lounge, vending area, and classrooms. The Library/Classroom Building houses campus library services, classrooms, meeting rooms, study areas, and microcomputer labs. The Center for Workforce Development, a 10,000 square foot facility located adjacent to the Campus, focuses on specialized training for area business and industry. Marion Technical College is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association. MTC offers the Associate of Arts and Associate of Science transfer degrees creating easy opportunity to begin a bachelor's degree.
- The nearest community college to Marion Technical College is Ohio State University-Marion Campus (0.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,204 students | 0.10 Mi1465 Mount Vernon Ave
Marion,  OH  43302
(740) 725-6111 0.101,204
- 2,937 students | 30.60 Mi2441 Kenwood Circle
Mansfield,  OH  44906
(419) 755-4800 30.602,937
- 1,188 students | 30.80 Mi1760 University Drive
Mansfield,  OH  44906
(419) 755-4011 30.801,188
- 329 students | 34.50 Mi1880 E. Dublin - Granville Rd. - Ste 100
Columbus,  OH  43229
(800) 954-4274 34.50329
- 1,924 students | 35.60 Mi4140 Executive Parkway
Westerville,  OH  43081
(855) 906-8773 35.601,924
Learn about how budgetary constraints are prompting community colleges to only offer four-day school weeks.
Learn about how you can pursue a degree and career in the entertainment industry by starting at your local community college.
Learn about the variety of mentoring programs available in community colleges, and why you may want to be involved as a mentee or mentor.