New Mexico Military Institute
Top Ranked (2021): View Rankings
Tel: (575) 622-6250
New Mexico Military Institute Photo #2 - Military and non military college choices include: -2 Year Early Army Commissioning Program -US Service Academy Prep Program -Associate of Arts and Science Degrees for Transfer - No Military Commitment
- NMMI is a nationally ranked Junior College in Roswell, NM. We welcome students from 34 states and 35 countries to our beautiful 300 acre campus. While 20% of our students will choose a military career, many choose NMMI for small classes, outstanding faculty and the organization that our educational framework instills.
New Mexico Military Institute places among the top 20% of community colleges in New Mexico for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Diversity in US community colleges
- School Resources Percent of students receiving financial aid
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
The teacher population of 84 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|New Mexico Military Institute||(NM) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Associate of Arts Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||84 staff||72 staff|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Drill Team, Football, Tennis, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Drill Team,
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Located in Roswell, New Mexico, the New Mexico Military Institute offers a rich 113-year history and tradition of educating tomorrow's leaders through a program of strong, challenging academics, leadership preparation, and character development. Known as "The West Point of the West," NMMI remains the only state-supported co-educational college preparatory high school and junior college in the United States. Serving the educational needs of an international student population, the Institute has strict admissions standards that yearly result in an enrollment of approximately 1,000 students who come from 43 states, the District of Columbia, and 13 foreign nations. NMMI grants High School diplomas and Associate of Arts and Associate of Science degrees, in 22 concentrations. The Institute's emphasis on qualities of honor, integrity, and responsibility, contributes to its unique educational philosophy. Leadership training is provided to all cadets at the college level, through the Reserve Officers Training Corps (ROTC) program, and at the high school level through the Junior ROTC program. The ROTC Program offers college cadets the opportunity to receive a commission in the U.S. Army through the 2-Year Early Commissioning Program. Cadets may pursue commissions in the U.S. Army, Air Force, Navy, Marine Corps, Coast Guard, and Merchant Marines through the Service Academy Preparatory Program. NMMI graduates prove successful In every field of endeavor, business, industry, public service, education, the professions, or careers in the military. Surveys of graduating classes show consistently that 95% of NMMI graduates go on to complete a 4 year degree at such outstanding schools as: Penn State, Stanford, Rice, Cornell, University of Texas, Arizona State University, University of Colorado, and the nation's Service Academies.
The nearest community college to New Mexico Military Institute is Eastern New Mexico University-Roswell Campus (6.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,427 students | 6.60 Mi52 University Blvd
Roswell,  NM  88202
(575) 624-7000 6.602,427
- 605 students | 66.70 Mi709 Mechem Dr
Ruidoso,  NM  88345
(575) 257-2120 66.70605
- 1,791 students | 68.40 Mi1500 University Drive
Carlsbad,  NM  88220
(575) 234-9200 68.401,791
- 1,636 students | 87.90 Mi2400 North Scenic Drive
Alamogordo,  NM  88310
(575) 439-3600 87.901,636
- 2,803 students | 89.70 Mi5317 Lovington Hwy
Hobbs,  NM  88240
(575) 492-2577 89.702,803
For-profit colleges are now becoming an alternative for community college students who are stuck on waiting lists or who hope to earn bachelor's degrees. Learn more about the opportunities and articulation agreements between for-profit colleges and community colleges.
Education now comes with a money-back guarantee. Learn about which community college is guaranteeing that its graduates will secure jobs - or get their money back.
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.