New Mexico Military Institute
New Mexico Military Institute Photo #2 - All students are members of the Corps of Cadets, participating in leadership and all Corps activities including JROTC.
- NMMI is a nationally ranked Junior College in Roswell, NM. We welcome students from 34 states and 35 countries to our beautiful 300 acre campus. While 20% of our students will choose a military career, many choose NMMI for small classes, outstanding faculty and the organization that our educational framework instills.
Top Placements (New Mexico)
Listed among the top community colleges in New Mexico for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Diversity in US community colleges
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- Completion Rates Highest completion rates
- The teacher population of 84 teachers has declined by 48% over five years.
|New Mexico Military Institute||(NM) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Associate of Arts Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||84 staff||72 staff|
|Total Enrollment||470 students||1,793 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||470 students||604 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||965||90|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$48,700||$34,400|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Drill Team, Football, Tennis, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Drill Team,
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Located in Roswell, New Mexico, the New Mexico Military Institute offers a rich 113-year history and tradition of educating tomorrow's leaders through a program of strong, challenging academics, leadership preparation, and character development. Known as "The West Point of the West," NMMI remains the only state-supported co-educational college preparatory high school and junior college in the United States. Serving the educational needs of an international student population, the Institute has strict admissions standards that yearly result in an enrollment of approximately 1,000 students who come from 43 states, the District of Columbia, and 13 foreign nations. NMMI grants High School diplomas and Associate of Arts and Associate of Science degrees, in 22 concentrations. The Institute's emphasis on qualities of honor, integrity, and responsibility, contributes to its unique educational philosophy. Leadership training is provided to all cadets at the college level, through the Reserve Officers Training Corps (ROTC) program, and at the high school level through the Junior ROTC program. The ROTC Program offers college cadets the opportunity to receive a commission in the U.S. Army through the 2-Year Early Commissioning Program. Cadets may pursue commissions in the U.S. Army, Air Force, Navy, Marine Corps, Coast Guard, and Merchant Marines through the Service Academy Preparatory Program. NMMI graduates prove successful In every field of endeavor, business, industry, public service, education, the professions, or careers in the military. Surveys of graduating classes show consistently that 95% of NMMI graduates go on to complete a 4 year degree at such outstanding schools as: Penn State, Stanford, Rice, Cornell, University of Texas, Arizona State University, University of Colorado, and the nation's Service Academies.
- The nearest community college to New Mexico Military Institute is Eastern New Mexico University-Roswell Campus (6.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,303 students | 6.60 Mi52 University Blvd
Roswell,  NM  88202
- 895 students | 66.70 Mi709 Mechem Dr
Ruidoso,  NM  88345
- 1,852 students | 68.50 Mi1500 University Dr
Carlsbad,  NM  88220
- 2,095 students | 88.00 Mi2400 North Scenic Drive
Alamogordo,  NM  88310
- 2,803 students | 89.60 Mi5317 Lovington Hwy
Hobbs,  NM  88240
We report on the recent increases in Stafford Loan Rates, which have led to some community colleges across the country discontinuing this option for financial aid.
Attending college is expensive but there are options for financing beyond just student loans. Keep reading to learn more.
College is expensive enough without the added cost of medical school on top of it. If you're on a pre-med track, consider taking some of your prerequisites at community college. Keep reading to learn more.