Luna Community College
- Luna Community College is an institution of higher learning committed to serving the changing needs of its student population and the surrounding communities. Its mission is to provide comprehensive education, preparation for relevant employment, and opportunities for life-long learning.
- The teacher population of 30 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Luna Community College||(NM) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||30 staff||72 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,440 students||1,793 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||48:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||433 students||604 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,007 students||1,189 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$28,200||$34,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Luna Community College continues to be an outstanding institution of higher education. With a strong history of vocational-technical education, which began in 1970, and becoming a comprehensive community college in 1997, Luna Community College is dedicated to excellence in meeting the needs of students. With a broadened focus, Luna Community College offers the first two years of a Baccalaureate Degree and various Associate Degrees and Certificates, which meet the needs of students in Business and Professional Studies, Vocational Education, Technologies, Health Sciences and Developmental Education. Luna Community College (LCC) is the only community college in northeastern New Mexico. LCC is located in the lower slopes of the majestic Sangre de Cristo Mountain Range overlooking the city of Las Vegas, New Mexico. LCC enjoys an outstanding reputation for its caliber of facilities, teaching methods, curricula, and dedication to excellence. Luna Community College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- The nearest community college to Luna Community College is Santa Fe Community College (42.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 6,242 students | 42.70 Mi6401 Richards Ave
Santa Fe,  NM  87508
- 162 students | 45.80 Mi3960 San Felipe
Santa Fe,  NM  87507
- 1,371 students | 54.80 Mi921 Paseo de Onate
Espanola,  NM  87532
- 1,793 students | 56.90 Mi1157 County Road 110
Ranchos De Taos,  NM  87557
- 848 students | 63.60 Mi4000 University Dr
Los Alamos,  NM  87544
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.