Luna Community College
- Luna Community College is an institution of higher learning committed to serving the changing needs of its student population and the surrounding communities. Its mission is to provide comprehensive education, preparation for relevant employment, and opportunities for life-long learning.
- The teacher population of 30 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Luna Community College||(NM) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||30 staff||72 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,440 students||1,793 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||48:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||433 students||604 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,007 students||1,189 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$28,200||$34,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Luna Community College continues to be an outstanding institution of higher education. With a strong history of vocational-technical education, which began in 1970, and becoming a comprehensive community college in 1997, Luna Community College is dedicated to excellence in meeting the needs of students. With a broadened focus, Luna Community College offers the first two years of a Baccalaureate Degree and various Associate Degrees and Certificates, which meet the needs of students in Business and Professional Studies, Vocational Education, Technologies, Health Sciences and Developmental Education. Luna Community College (LCC) is the only community college in northeastern New Mexico. LCC is located in the lower slopes of the majestic Sangre de Cristo Mountain Range overlooking the city of Las Vegas, New Mexico. LCC enjoys an outstanding reputation for its caliber of facilities, teaching methods, curricula, and dedication to excellence. Luna Community College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- The nearest community college to Luna Community College is Santa Fe Community College (42.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 6,242 students | 42.70 Mi6401 Richards Ave
Santa Fe,  NM  87508
- 1,371 students | 54.80 Mi921 Paseo de Onate
Espanola,  NM  87532
- 1,793 students | 56.90 Mi1157 County Road 110
Ranchos De Taos,  NM  87557
- 848 students | 63.60 Mi4000 University Dr
Los Alamos,  NM  87544
- 892 students | 83.90 Mi4400 Cutler Avenue NE
Albuquerque,  NM  87110
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, businesses around the country are facing setbacks - colleges included. Read on to learn more about the impact of the pandemic on higher education in the United States.
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.