Eastern New Mexico University Ruidoso Branch Community College
Tel: (575) 257-2120
The teacher population of 29 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Eastern New Mexico University Ruidoso Branch Community College||(NM) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Associate of Arts Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||29 staff||72 staff|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- ENMU-Ruidoso Branch is a comprehensive two-year college offering Certificates of Completion, Associate of Science, Associate of Arts, and Associate of Applied Science degrees. The ENMU-Ruidoso Branch also offers community education classes, customized training workshops, adult basic education courses, and operates a One-Stop Career Center providing free employment services for employers and those seeking career information. Established in 1991, the Ruidoso Off-Campus Instruction Center offered Lincoln County residents access to two-year college academic and vocational curriculum. In July 2005 the Ruidoso Campus became the 18th two-year college in New Mexico and was created as a Branch of ENMU. Undergraduate and graduate course work completed at the ENMU-Ruidoso Branch campus is fully transferable to ENMU-Portales. The offices of the Ruidoso Branch Community College contain the college's general offices, including Admissions and Records, Business, Financial Aid, Library Services, the College Bookstore, Instructional Television (ITV) classrooms and a computer lab for students. Classroom, computer lab and library facilities are used in a variety of public and private buildings, throughout Lincoln and Otero Counties. All the buildings provide barrier-free access to individuals confined to wheelchairs or with limited physical movement. Eastern New Mexico University, through its Ruidoso Campus, is authorized to award the associate of arts degree (A.A.), the associate of science (A.S.), the associate of applied science degree (A.A.S.), and the certificate of completion. Programs of study which lead to an associate's degree require a minimum of 64 hours of credit.
The nearest community college to Eastern New Mexico University Ruidoso Branch Community College is New Mexico State University-Alamogordo (32.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,636 students | 32.80 Mi2400 North Scenic Drive
Alamogordo,  NM  88310
(575) 439-3600 32.801,636
- 2,427 students | 66.60 Mi52 University Blvd
Roswell,  NM  88202
(575) 624-7000 66.602,427
- 412 students | 66.70 Mi101 W. College Blvd.
Roswell,  NM  88201
(575) 622-6250 66.70412
- 7,876 students | 92.20 Mi2800 N. Sonoma Ranch Blvd.
Las Cruces,  NM  88011
(575) 528-7000 92.207,876
- 1,791 students | 103.00 Mi1500 University Drive
Carlsbad,  NM  88220
(575) 234-9200 103.001,791
For-profit colleges are now becoming an alternative for community college students who are stuck on waiting lists or who hope to earn bachelor's degrees. Learn more about the opportunities and articulation agreements between for-profit colleges and community colleges.
Education now comes with a money-back guarantee. Learn about which community college is guaranteeing that its graduates will secure jobs - or get their money back.
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.