Eastern New Mexico University-Roswell Campus
Top Ranked (2022): View Rankings
Tel: (575) 624-7000
The teacher population of 130 teachers has grown by 20% over five years.
|Eastern New Mexico University-Roswell Campus||(NM) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: High Vocational & Technical-High Nontraditional||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Nontraditional|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||130 staff||72 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- ENMU - Roswell has since become a growing comprehensive community college offering a variety of educational opportunities to a diverse student population. The college confers certificates, associate's degrees and certificates of occupational training in contemporary career/technical programs and general transfer academic programs. Upper division and graduate level courses are also offered through a distance education program with the main campus in Portales. Classes are taught by 62 full-time instructors and more than 200 adjunct instructors. Programs include Aviation Maintenance Technology, Emergency Medical Services, Dental Assisting, Computer Application Systems, and Drafting Technology. An increasing number of online classes are also offered each semester. The campus features modern classrooms and labs. In the new Instructional Technology Center, students take advantage of the latest in educational technology. The center houses an open student computer lab, instructional television classrooms, computer and science labs, and 'smart' classrooms. Residence Halls offer on-campus housing for approximately 120 students. Students enjoy apartment-style living with two-bedroom suites. ENMU - Roswell is accredited as an operationally separate campus by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. Extended degree courses offered on the Roswell Campus are accredited through the main campus in Portales.
Profile last updated: 12/07/2021
The nearest community college to Eastern New Mexico University-Roswell Campus is New Mexico Military Institute (6.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 412 students | 6.60 Mi101 W. College Blvd.
Roswell, NM 88201
(575) 622-6250 6.60412
- 1,791 students | 62.00 Mi1500 University Drive
Carlsbad, NM 88220
(575) 234-9200 62.001,791
- 605 students | 66.60 Mi709 Mechem Dr
Ruidoso, NM 88345
(575) 257-2120 66.60605
- 1,636 students | 85.50 Mi2400 North Scenic Drive
Alamogordo, NM 88310
(575) 439-3600 85.501,636
- 2,803 students | 86.70 Mi5317 Lovington Hwy
Hobbs, NM 88240
(575) 492-2577 86.702,803
While community colleges are a very affordable option over four-year universities, some campuses are increasing their tuition either across the board or for popular degree programs.
With a large percentage of community college students needing remedial coursework, educators and policymakers are questioning the causes and solutions to this problem. Gather insight into the issue and how students can better prepare for community college coursework.
Learn about the demand for technicians of alternative fuel automobiles and its future career potential. Start your career as an alternative fuel vehicle technician at your local community college.