Eastern New Mexico University-Roswell Campus
The teacher population of 130 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Eastern New Mexico University-Roswell Campus||(NM) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Associate of Arts Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||130 staff||72 staff|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- ENMU - Roswell has since become a growing comprehensive community college offering a variety of educational opportunities to a diverse student population. The college confers certificates, associate's degrees and certificates of occupational training in contemporary career/technical programs and general transfer academic programs. Upper division and graduate level courses are also offered through a distance education program with the main campus in Portales. Classes are taught by 62 full-time instructors and more than 200 adjunct instructors. Programs include Aviation Maintenance Technology, Emergency Medical Services, Dental Assisting, Computer Application Systems, and Drafting Technology. An increasing number of online classes are also offered each semester. The campus features modern classrooms and labs. In the new Instructional Technology Center, students take advantage of the latest in educational technology. The center houses an open student computer lab, instructional television classrooms, computer and science labs, and 'smart' classrooms. Residence Halls offer on-campus housing for approximately 120 students. Students enjoy apartment-style living with two-bedroom suites. ENMU - Roswell is accredited as an operationally separate campus by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. Extended degree courses offered on the Roswell Campus are accredited through the main campus in Portales.
The nearest community college to Eastern New Mexico University-Roswell Campus is New Mexico Military Institute (6.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 470 students | 6.60 Mi101 W. College Blvd.
Roswell,  NM  88201
(800) 421-5376 6.60470
- 1,852 students | 62.00 Mi1500 University Dr
Carlsbad,  NM  88220
(575) 234-9200 62.001,852
- 895 students | 66.60 Mi709 Mechem Dr
Ruidoso,  NM  88345
(575) 257-2120 66.60895
- 2,095 students | 85.50 Mi2400 North Scenic Drive
Alamogordo,  NM  88310
(575) 439-3600 85.502,095
- 2,803 students | 86.70 Mi5317 Lovington Hwy
Hobbs,  NM  88240
(575) 492-2577 86.702,803
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
We examine a new report at USA Today that shows employment rates for community college graduates have skyrocketed - and which of the fields where a community college degree is particularly helpful.
Who says college is just for the 18 - 22 year old crowd? In fact, more community colleges are recruiting students over the age of 50 - and for good reason!