New Mexico Junior College
- New Mexico Junior College, as a comprehensive community college, promotes success through learning. In support of its mission, New Mexico Junior College (NMJC) offers a variety of educational opportunities and services to meet needs in the lifelong process of personal and professional development.
The teacher population of 96 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|New Mexico Junior College||(NM) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Associate of Arts Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||96 staff||72 staff|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Golf,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- New Mexico Junior College first opened its doors to students in the fall of 1966. Since that time it has grown to be one of the finest community colleges in the "Land of Enchantment" with a current enrollment of 3,239. The campus is contained on 243 acres with over 331,400 gross square feet of building space, worth an estimated $37.3 million. NMJC offers associate degrees in science, applied science, and arts; in addition, several certificate programs in vocational trade areas are offered. NMJC maintains a very strong college credit transfer program coordinated with area universities and colleges. Based upon a strong foundation built at NMJC, students transferring to senior universities compete and succeed at a level equal to or above their new college peers. NMJC students have also advanced to successful professional and academic careers. The staff at New Mexico Junior College recognizes the importance of a variety of collegiate experiences, and we are proud of our varied activities that can make your stay at NMJC enjoyable and exciting. Some of the activities include performing arts, visual arts,?Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society, Phi Beta Lambda Business Fraternity, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, intramural programs, the Student Nurse Association,?and a host of intercollegiate athletics and other activities. New Mexico Junior College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and holds membership in the American Association of Collegiate Registrars & Admissions Officers, American Association of Community Colleges, Association of Community College Trustees, New Mexico Council of Independent Community Colleges, League for Innovation in the Community College, Learning Resources Network (LERN), National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators, National Association of Student Personnel Administrators.
Profile last updated:
The nearest community college to New Mexico Junior College is New Mexico State University-Carlsbad (66.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,852 students | 66.70 Mi1500 University Dr
Carlsbad,  NM  88220
(575) 234-9200 66.701,852
- 9,661 students | 73.70 Mi1401 S. College Ave
Levelland,  TX  79336
(806) 894-9611 73.709,661
- 5,059 students | 77.30 Mi201 W University Blvd
Odessa,  TX  79764
(432) 335-6400 77.305,059
- 5,645 students | 80.20 Mi3600 N Garfield
Midland,  TX  79705
(432) 685-4556 80.205,645
- 3,303 students | 86.70 Mi52 University Blvd
Roswell,  NM  88202
(575) 624-7000 86.703,303
Learn about the steps you need to take to successfully transfer from a community college to a 4-year institution.
Online courses are an affordable and convenient alternative to attending a traditional university. With the advent of the first all-online community college in California, the world of community college is changing and changing quickly. Keep reading to learn more.
Many people view college campuses as bastions of free speech, but recent actions taken by some institutions of higher learning indicate that this may not always be the case.