New Mexico Junior College
- New Mexico Junior College, as a comprehensive community college, promotes success through learning. In support of its mission, New Mexico Junior College (NMJC) offers a variety of educational opportunities and services to meet needs in the lifelong process of personal and professional development.
- Enrollment: 1,406 students
- In-state tuition: $1,704
- Out-state tuition: $1,896
- Student:teacher ratio: 5:1
- Minority enrollment: 65%
- Source: Verified school update
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- New Mexico Junior College first opened its doors to students in the fall of 1966. Since that time it has grown to be one of the finest community colleges in the "Land of Enchantment" with a current enrollment of 3,239. The campus is contained on 243 acres with over 331,400 gross square feet of building space, worth an estimated $37.3 million. NMJC offers associate degrees in science, applied science, and arts; in addition, several certificate programs in vocational trade areas are offered. NMJC maintains a very strong college credit transfer program coordinated with area universities and colleges. Based upon a strong foundation built at NMJC, students transferring to senior universities compete and succeed at a level equal to or above their new college peers. NMJC students have also advanced to successful professional and academic careers. The staff at New Mexico Junior College recognizes the importance of a variety of collegiate experiences, and we are proud of our varied activities that can make your stay at NMJC enjoyable and exciting. Some of the activities include performing arts, visual arts,?Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society, Phi Beta Lambda Business Fraternity, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, intramural programs, the Student Nurse Association,?and a host of intercollegiate athletics and other activities. New Mexico Junior College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and holds membership in the American Association of Collegiate Registrars & Admissions Officers, American Association of Community Colleges, Association of Community College Trustees, New Mexico Council of Independent Community Colleges, League for Innovation in the Community College, Learning Resources Network (LERN), National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators, National Association of Student Personnel Administrators.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does New Mexico Junior College cost?
New Mexico Junior College's tuition is approximately $1,704 for In-State students and $1,896 for Out-State students.
What sports does New Mexico Junior College offer?
New Mexico Junior College offers 6 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Track and Field and Volleyball.
What is New Mexico Junior College's ranking?
New Mexico Junior College ranks among the top 20% of community college in New Mexico for: Least expensive tuition.