National American University-Rapid City
- The teacher population of 112 teachers has grown by 700% over five years.
|National American University-Rapid City||(SD) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||112 staff||73 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,479 students||934 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||15:1|
|# Full-Time Students||-||680 students|
|# Part-Time Students||-||254 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races||-||-|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$41,200||$38,900|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to National American University-Rapid City is Western Dakota Technical Institute (4.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 840 students | 4.70 Mi800 Mickelson Dr
Rapid City,  SD  57703
- 1,704 students | 143.10 Mi3200 West C St
Torrington,  WY  82240
- 1,836 students | 150.40 Mi1601 East 27th Street
Scottsbluff,  NE  69361
- 4,253 students | 175.30 Mi125 College Dr
Casper,  WY  82601
- 4,374 students | 189.30 Mi3059 S Coffeen Ave
Sheridan,  WY  82801
The Online Education Initiative will greatly expand course offerings for community college students, while making the transfer process between institutions much more smooth. The Initiative has its critics, however, who decry the loss of local control over education.
A recent study reveals that job applicants with a credential or associate’s degree from a community college have slightly better chances of getting a job interview than students who attend a for-profit college or university. Since community colleges are much more budget friendly than for-profit institutions and have much better job placement results, community colleges are a much better option for employment-minded students.
After City College of San Francisco loses its accreditation, other community colleges in the state are facing warnings, sanctions and possible loss of accreditation as well.