National American University-Rapid City
- The teacher population of 112 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|National American University-Rapid City||(SD) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||112 staff||73 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,479 students||934 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||15:1|
|# Full-Time Students||-||680 students|
|# Part-Time Students||-||254 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races||-||-|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$41,200||$38,900|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to National American University-Rapid City is Western Dakota Technical Institute (4.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 840 students | 4.70 Mi800 Mickelson Dr
Rapid City,  SD  57703
- 1,704 students | 143.10 Mi3200 West C St
Torrington,  WY  82240
- 1,836 students | 150.40 Mi1601 East 27th Street
Scottsbluff,  NE  69361
- 4,253 students | 175.30 Mi125 College Dr
Casper,  WY  82601
- 4,374 students | 189.30 Mi3059 S Coffeen Ave
Sheridan,  WY  82801
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.