Eastern Wyoming College
- Eastern Wyoming College is a student-centered, comprehensive public community college committed to providing accessible, postsecondary education for its students. The Collegeï¿½s primary constituency includes all residents of Goshen, Platte, Converse, Niobrara, Weston, and Crook counties. Eastern Wyoming College provides high quality, dynamic life-long learning which focuses on academic transfer programs leading to associate of arts or science degrees, career and occupational programs leading to certificates and applied science degrees. The College also provides developmental and basic skills instruction, adult and continuing education, public and community service programs, and student activities and support services.
The teacher population of 59 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Eastern Wyoming College||(WY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||59 staff||149 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Eastern Wyoming College is a rural public comprehensive community college that facilitates student learning in small classes within a supportive educational environment. The college values academic achievement, lifelong learning and cultural enrichment. Founded in 1948, Eastern Wyoming College is a rural, public, two-year, community college with academic transfer programs as well as technical certification programs. The college offers 21 Associate of Arts Degrees, 20 Associate of Science Degrees, 7 Associate of Applied Science Degrees, 7 Career Track Certificates and ABE/GED/ESL programs. EWC also provides opportunities for lifelong learning through its community education programs. EWC offers courses at the Torrington campus, Douglas & Newcastle branch campuses, and in 10 other Wyoming communities. The college is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission: Member North Central Association, American Veterinary Medical Association and American Welding Society.
The nearest community college to Eastern Wyoming College is Western Nebraska Community College (31.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,825 students | 31.10 Mi1601 East 27th Street
Scottsbluff,  NE  69361
(308) 635-3606 31.101,825
- 4,097 students | 73.60 Mi1400 E College Dr
Cheyenne,  WY  82007
(307) 779-00000000 73.604,097
- 38 students | 87.80 Mi1889 Venture Drive
Laramie,  WY  82070
(307) 742-3776 87.8038
- 1,492 students | 111.60 Mi100 College Avenue
Sterling,  CO  80751
(970) 521-6600 111.601,492
- 405 students | 115.90 Mi3842 South Mason Street
Fort Collins,  CO  80525
(970) 223-2669 115.90405
College is expensive enough without the added cost of medical school on top of it. If you're on a pre-med track, consider taking some of your prerequisites at community college. Keep reading to learn more.
Can pre-teens enroll in community college? A 12-year-old in Florida recently went to court when the local community college wouldn’t allow her to dual-enroll because she was too young. In California, a child prodigy is about to graduate from UCLA after starting at community college at the age of eight.
Explore a proposal by the governor of Massachusetts to coordinate the state’s 15 community colleges. There are strong feelings on both sides of the issue to consider.