Eastern Wyoming College
Tel: (307) 532-8200
- Eastern Wyoming College is a student-centered, comprehensive public community college committed to providing accessible, postsecondary education for its students. The College’s primary constituency includes all residents of Goshen, Platte, Converse, Niobrara, Weston, and Crook counties. Eastern Wyoming College provides high quality, dynamic life-long learning which focuses on academic transfer programs leading to associate of arts or science degrees, career and occupational programs leading to certificates and applied science degrees. The College also provides developmental and basic skills instruction, adult and continuing education, public and community service programs, and student activities and support services.
- The teacher population of 59 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Eastern Wyoming College||(WY) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||59 staff||149 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,704 students||3,422 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||29:1||20:1|
|# Full-Time Students||660 students||1,085 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,044 students||2,337 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||165||276|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$32,300||$34,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Eastern Wyoming College is a rural public comprehensive community college that facilitates student learning in small classes within a supportive educational environment. The college values academic achievement, lifelong learning and cultural enrichment. Founded in 1948, Eastern Wyoming College is a rural, public, two-year, community college with academic transfer programs as well as technical certification programs. The college offers 21 Associate of Arts Degrees, 20 Associate of Science Degrees, 7 Associate of Applied Science Degrees, 7 Career Track Certificates and ABE/GED/ESL programs. EWC also provides opportunities for lifelong learning through its community education programs. EWC offers courses at the Torrington campus, Douglas & Newcastle branch campuses, and in 10 other Wyoming communities. The college is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission: Member North Central Association, American Veterinary Medical Association and American Welding Society.
- The nearest community college to Eastern Wyoming College is Western Nebraska Community College (31.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,836 students | 31.10 Mi1601 East 27th Street
Scottsbluff,  NE  69361
(308) 635-3606 31.101,836
- 4,388 students | 73.60 Mi1400 E College Dr
Cheyenne,  WY  82007
(307) 778-5222 73.604,388
- 1,085 students | 87.80 Mi4373 N 3rd
Laramie,  WY  82072
(307) 742-3776 87.801,085
- 1,776 students | 111.60 Mi100 College Avenue
Sterling,  CO  80751
(970) 521-6600 111.601,776
- 341 students | 115.90 Mi3842 South Mason Street
Fort Collins,  CO  80525
(970) 223-2669 115.90341
Learn about how budgetary constraints are prompting community colleges to only offer four-day school weeks.
Learn about how you can pursue a degree and career in the entertainment industry by starting at your local community college.
Learn about the variety of mentoring programs available in community colleges, and why you may want to be involved as a mentee or mentor.