- At Casper College, we have a strong tradition of providing valuable academic, career, personal, and cultural opportunities on our welcoming and beautiful campus. Our experienced and supportive faculty and staff are dedicated to the mentoring and success of our students for the benefit of our communities.
- The teacher population of 273 teachers has grown by 28% over five years.
|Casper College||(WY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||273 staff||149 staff|
|Total Enrollment||4,253 students||3,422 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||20:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,622 students||1,085 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,631 students||2,337 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||-||276|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$41,300||$34,500|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, VolleyballBasketball, Volleyball,|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Casper College is a publicly supported educational institution serving approximately 4,000 full- and part-time students. Casper College, Wyoming's oldest two-year institution, was founded in 1945. The current campus was built in the mid 1950s, and consists of 28 buildings. More than 15 national accreditations underscore the quality of educational programs at Casper College. More than 140 associate degree programs and certificate programs are offered. Agreements with 7 universities provide opportunities to earn bachelor's, master's and doctorate degrees right on campus. The University of Wyoming-Casper has extensive facilities on campus. Casper College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Profile last updated:
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,082 students | 107.10 Mi2660 Peck Avenue
Riverton,  WY  82501
- 1,085 students | 109.80 Mi4373 N 3rd
Laramie,  WY  82072
- 1,704 students | 120.90 Mi3200 West C St
Torrington,  WY  82240
- 4,374 students | 137.10 Mi3059 S Coffeen Ave
Sheridan,  WY  82801
- 60 students | 137.80 Mi6101 Yellowstone Rd Ste 101
Cheyenne,  WY  82009
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.