Top Montana Community Colleges
- For the 2020-21 school year, there are 7 top community colleges located throughout Montana (7 public colleges and 0 private colleges), serving 9,177 students.
- For Montana community colleges, the average tuition is approximately $3,974 per year for in-state students and $8,845 for out-of-state students. (view national tuition costs).
- Montana community colleges have a diversity score of 0.48, which is lower than the national average of 0.65 (view national diversity statistics).
- Minority enrollment is 32% (majority American and Hispanic) and the student:teacher ratio is 20:1.
City College at Montana State University-Billings Photo - Welcome to the City College campus. This is the main entrance to our Tech building, which is where prospective students can get assistance with getting started.
Student by Ethnicity
(MT) School Average
Two or more races
Top Montana Community Colleges by Town (2020-21)
- College Location Students
- 3803 Central Ave
Billings,  MT 59102
- 300 College Dr
Glendive,  MT 59330
- 777 Grandview Dr
Kalispell,  MT 59901
- 2100 16th Ave S
Great Falls,  MT 59405
- 1115 N Roberts Street
Helena,  MT 59601
- 25 Basin Creek Rd
Butte,  MT 59701
- 2715 Dickinson Street
Miles City,  MT 59301
Even more midnight classes are launching at community college campuses across the country this year, in hopes of working around the demanding schedules of their students.
Short-Term Commitment – Long-Term Benefits: Three Study-Abroad Options for Community College Students
While study abroad has long been considered an option only for students at four-year colleges and universities, there are actually many options for community college students who would like to experience studying in another country.
What is the latest on four-year degree programs at community colleges? We look at some of the states entering into this relatively new frontier, and why some are having a tough time selling the idea.