City College at Montana State University-Billings
Tel: (406) 247-3000
- City College is a two-year campus located in Billings and along with four other colleges, helps to form Montana State University Billings. The college offers over 30 high demand, market-driven programs: including critical healthcare programs in nursing, radiologic technology, ultrasound and paramedic; safety programs in criminal justice and fire science; computer programs in cybersecurity, programming and networking; transportation programs in automotive, autobody and diesel; industry programs in instrument and electrical, process plant, welding and construction, and business programs including accounting, human resources, business administration and general business. City College also has a mission to assist with transfer education; preparing students to transfer to a bachelor`s degree.
- The teacher population of 40 teachers has declined by 25% over five years.
|City College at Montana State University-Billings||(MT) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Associate of Arts Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||Less than 2 yrs|
|Total Faculty||40 staff||54 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,725 students||1,310 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||43:1||20:1|
|# Full-Time Students||522 students||670 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,203 students||640 students|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2010)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$36,700||$34,200|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Track and FieldBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Golf,
Track and Field
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Nursing club, SkillsUSA, Student Government
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
Why City College!
- Only college in Montana to offer: Autobody, Process Plant Technology and Instrument & Electrical Technology
- Affordable: short-term training that leads to high paying, in demand careers. Multiple scholarships and funding options to help assist in completing your education.
- Hands on education: most students will have on campus lab opportunities along with off campus internships or clinicals with regional employers.
- Small classes sizes: students receive personal attention and easy access to faculty
- Online programs: a number of programs are offered fully online or a combination of online and on campus coursework
- Best of both worlds. Have access to all the resources and opportunities of a four year university while completing your short-term, focused one year or two year degree
- Location: Billings is the largest City in Montana which provides unique opportunities for our students to get connected with future employers and access multiple resources and experiences while attending college
- Personal attention: Faculty and staff know our students, providing easy access and assistance in helping students inside and outside the classroom from application to graduation
- Student Success: As a community, we have multiple academic and personal resources to help students reach their educational and personal goals
Profile last updated:
- The nearest community college to City College at Montana State University-Billings is Northwest College (70.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,652 students | 70.30 Mi231 W 6th St
Powell,  WY  82435
(307) 754-6000 70.301,652
- 4,374 students | 106.90 Mi3059 S Coffeen Ave
Sheridan,  WY  82801
(307) 674-6446 106.904,374
- 420 students | 140.60 Mi2715 Dickinson Street
Miles City,  MT  59301
(800) 541-9281 140.60420
- 1,506 students | 172.40 Mi1115 N Roberts Street
Helena,  MT  59601
(406) 447-6900 172.401,506
- 1,897 students | 173.00 Mi2100 16th Ave S
Great Falls,  MT  59405
(406) 771-4300 173.001,897
Learn about how budgetary constraints are prompting community colleges to only offer four-day school weeks.
Learn about how you can pursue a degree and career in the entertainment industry by starting at your local community college.
Learn about the variety of mentoring programs available in community colleges, and why you may want to be involved as a mentee or mentor.