City College at Montana State University-Billings
Tel: (406) 247-3000
- City College is a two-year campus located in Billings and along with four other colleges, helps to form Montana State University Billings. The college offers over 30 high demand, market-driven programs: including critical healthcare programs in nursing, radiologic technology, ultrasound and paramedic; safety programs in criminal justice and fire science; computer programs in cybersecurity, programming and networking; transportation programs in automotive, autobody and diesel; industry programs in instrument and electrical, process plant, welding and construction, and business programs including accounting, human resources, business administration and general business. City College also has a mission to assist with transfer education; preparing students to transfer to a bachelor`s degree.
The teacher population of 40 teachers has declined by 25% over five years.
|City College at Montana State University-Billings||(MT) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's--Public 2-year colleges under 4-year universities||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Nontraditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||40 staff||40 staff|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Track and FieldBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Golf,
Track and Field
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Nursing club, SkillsUSA, Student Government
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
Why City College!
- Only college in Montana to offer: Autobody, Process Plant Technology and Instrument & Electrical Technology
- Affordable: short-term training that leads to high paying, in demand careers. Multiple scholarships and funding options to help assist in completing your education.
- Hands on education: most students will have on campus lab opportunities along with off campus internships or clinicals with regional employers.
- Small classes sizes: students receive personal attention and easy access to faculty
- Online programs: a number of programs are offered fully online or a combination of online and on campus coursework
- Best of both worlds. Have access to all the resources and opportunities of a four year university while completing your short-term, focused one year or two year degree
- Location: Billings is the largest City in Montana which provides unique opportunities for our students to get connected with future employers and access multiple resources and experiences while attending college
- Personal attention: Faculty and staff know our students, providing easy access and assistance in helping students inside and outside the classroom from application to graduation
- Student Success: As a community, we have multiple academic and personal resources to help students reach their educational and personal goals
The nearest community college to City College at Montana State University-Billings is Northwest College (70.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,461 students | 70.30 Mi231 W 6th St
Powell, WY 82435
(307) 754-6000 70.301,461
- 4,168 students | 106.90 Mi1 Whitney Way
Sheridan, WY 82801
(307) 675-0505 106.904,168
- 505 students | 140.60 Mi2715 Dickinson Street
Miles City, MT 59301
(800) 541-9281 140.60505
- 1,520 students | 172.40 Mi1115 N Roberts Street
Helena, MT 59601
(406) 447-6900 172.401,520
- 1,514 students | 173.00 Mi2100 16th Ave S
Great Falls, MT 59405
(406) 771-4300 173.001,514
While community colleges are a very affordable option over four-year universities, some campuses are increasing their tuition either across the board or for popular degree programs.
With a large percentage of community college students needing remedial coursework, educators and policymakers are questioning the causes and solutions to this problem. Gather insight into the issue and how students can better prepare for community college coursework.
Learn about the demand for technicians of alternative fuel automobiles and its future career potential. Start your career as an alternative fuel vehicle technician at your local community college.