City College at Montana State University-Billings
Tel: (406) 247-3000
- City College is a two-year campus located in Billings and along with four other colleges, helps to form Montana State University Billings. The college offers over 30 high demand, market-driven programs: including critical healthcare programs in nursing, radiologic technology, ultrasound and paramedic; safety programs in criminal justice and fire science; computer programs in cybersecurity, programming and networking; transportation programs in automotive, autobody and diesel; industry programs in instrument and electrical, process plant, welding and construction, and business programs including accounting, human resources, business administration and general business. City College also has a mission to assist with transfer education; preparing students to transfer to a bachelor`s degree.
The teacher population of 40 teachers has declined by 25% over five years.
|City College at Montana State University-Billings||(MT) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Associate of Arts Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||Less than 2 yrs|
|Total Faculty||40 staff||54 staff|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Track and FieldBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Golf,
Track and Field
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Nursing club, SkillsUSA, Student Government
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
Why City College!
- Only college in Montana to offer: Autobody, Process Plant Technology and Instrument & Electrical Technology
- Affordable: short-term training that leads to high paying, in demand careers. Multiple scholarships and funding options to help assist in completing your education.
- Hands on education: most students will have on campus lab opportunities along with off campus internships or clinicals with regional employers.
- Small classes sizes: students receive personal attention and easy access to faculty
- Online programs: a number of programs are offered fully online or a combination of online and on campus coursework
- Best of both worlds. Have access to all the resources and opportunities of a four year university while completing your short-term, focused one year or two year degree
- Location: Billings is the largest City in Montana which provides unique opportunities for our students to get connected with future employers and access multiple resources and experiences while attending college
- Personal attention: Faculty and staff know our students, providing easy access and assistance in helping students inside and outside the classroom from application to graduation
- Student Success: As a community, we have multiple academic and personal resources to help students reach their educational and personal goals
Profile last updated:
The nearest community college to City College at Montana State University-Billings is Northwest College (70.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,461 students | 70.30 Mi231 W 6th St
Powell,  WY  82435
(307) 754-6000 70.301,461
- 4,374 students | 106.90 Mi3059 S Coffeen Ave
Sheridan,  WY  82801
(307) 674-6446 106.904,374
- 420 students | 140.60 Mi2715 Dickinson Street
Miles City,  MT  59301
(800) 541-9281 140.60420
- 1,506 students | 172.40 Mi1115 N Roberts Street
Helena,  MT  59601
(406) 447-6900 172.401,506
- 1,897 students | 173.00 Mi2100 16th Ave S
Great Falls,  MT  59405
(406) 771-4300 173.001,897
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
We examine a new report at USA Today that shows employment rates for community college graduates have skyrocketed - and which of the fields where a community college degree is particularly helpful.
Who says college is just for the 18 - 22 year old crowd? In fact, more community colleges are recruiting students over the age of 50 - and for good reason!