Great Falls College Montana State University
The teacher population of 130 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Great Falls College Montana State University||(MT) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Associate of Arts Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||130 staff||40 staff|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Associated Students of GFC MSU (Student Government), Food Pantry / Community Garden, Phi Theta Kappa
Arts and Music Programs:
GFC MSU Community Choir
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Changing lives – Achieving Dreams: it is more than a tag line supporting the mission, vision, and values of Great Falls College Montana State University (GFC MSU). It is a maxim that has sustained the college through a decade of transformational change and restructuring. GFC MSU is committed to strengthening access to public postsecondary educational opportunities. The College is a shining example of how a commitment to scholarship and achievement and a reliance on data-driven decision-making can create an environment where all can thrive and grow. GFC MSU offers challenging, high-demand programs in the areas of Health Sciences; Business, Trades, and Technology; and General Education and Transfer. Associate of Applied Science degrees, Associate of Arts degree, and the Associate of Science degree along with Certificate programs provide students with choices to achieve their educational goals. If your plan is to transfer to a four-year college, you will find numerous courses that will allow you to complete the Montana University System general education core prior to transfer. Daytime, evening and online courses are available to provide you with flexibility in scheduling. The college boasts a dynamic Outreach and Continuing Education program to progressively address workforce training. Short-term seminars and workshops are available throughout the calendar year to provide training to employees striving to strengthen their job skills. Customized training is available to your business, providing educational opportunities specifically tailored to the needs of your staff. The College is located in southeast Great Falls on a beautiful 20-acre campus and serves approximately 2000 students a year. The charm of our smaller campus is its friendly environment and the personal interaction in on-site and online classrooms. The college is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities, one of six regional accrediting associations in the United States.
The nearest community college to Great Falls College Montana State University is Helena College University of Montana (70.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,520 students | 70.80 Mi1115 N Roberts Street
Helena,  MT  59601
(406) 447-6900 70.801,520
- 739 students | 122.00 Mi25 Basin Creek Rd
Butte,  MT  59701
(406) 496-3711 122.00739
- 2,351 students | 150.70 Mi777 Grandview Dr
Kalispell,  MT  59901
(406) 756-3822 150.702,351
- 1,725 students | 173.00 Mi3803 Central Ave
Billings,  MT  59102
(406) 247-3000 173.001,725
- 1,461 students | 223.40 Mi231 W 6th St
Powell,  WY  82435
(307) 754-6000 223.401,461
Learn about how the failure of the American auto industry, along with President Obama's education initiatives, will translate into increased enrollment in community college campuses.
Learn about a new option students are using to finance their community college education: savings-matching programs.
As tuition rates at community colleges increase nationwide, we share options in financial aid and other tips to make the college experience more affordable, including what the government has proposed to keep community college affordable.