Helena College University of Montana
Helena College University of Montana Photo #2 - The Airport Campus is home to the Aviation Maintenance Technology, Automotive Technology, Computer Aided Manufacturing Technology, Metals Technology and Welding Programs.
- The teacher population of 78 teachers has grown by 11% over five years.
|Helena College University of Montana||(MT) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Associate of Arts Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Less than 2 yrs|
|Total Faculty||78 staff||54 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,506 students||1,310 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||20:1|
|# Full-Time Students||670 students||670 students|
|# Part-Time Students||836 students||640 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$34,700||$34,700|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Helena College is a vibrant and growing center for higher learning, offering technical proficiency certificates, Associate of Applied Science, Associate of Arts, and Associate of Science degrees, as well as study toward upper-level and graduate-level programs in cooperation with other Montana University System institutions. Helena College also offer the opportunity to obtain a bachelor degree without leaving Helena through online and onsite courses delivered through articulation agreements with other Montana universities. We are a comprehensive institution of higher education; we are meeting this charge by expanding our educational offerings and services in the technical, professional, pre-professional, general education and transfer areas.
Profile last updated:
- The nearest community college to Helena College University of Montana is Highlands College of Montana Tech (52.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 860 students | 52.10 Mi25 Basin Creek Rd
Butte,  MT  59701
- 1,897 students | 70.80 Mi2100 16th Ave S
Great Falls,  MT  59405
- 2,216 students | 156.20 Mi777 Grandview Dr
Kalispell,  MT  59901
- 1,531 students | 172.40 Mi3803 Central Ave
Billings,  MT  59102
- 36,624 students | 192.70 Mi525 S Center
Rexburg,  ID  83460
The Online Education Initiative will greatly expand course offerings for community college students, while making the transfer process between institutions much more smooth. The Initiative has its critics, however, who decry the loss of local control over education.
A recent study reveals that job applicants with a credential or associate’s degree from a community college have slightly better chances of getting a job interview than students who attend a for-profit college or university. Since community colleges are much more budget friendly than for-profit institutions and have much better job placement results, community colleges are a much better option for employment-minded students.
After City College of San Francisco loses its accreditation, other community colleges in the state are facing warnings, sanctions and possible loss of accreditation as well.