Monroe College-New Rochelle
- Monroe College provides professional, career oriented higher education to students from diverse backgrounds. We proudly offer access and opportunity to motivated students who desire to enrich their lives in a personalized and supportive environment. We provide caring and effective teaching and sustain faculty who are passionate, knowledgeable, and dedicated to student success. We build on these strengths to prepare graduates for successful careers. We provide unmatched personal service to our students, who are our first priority. We are committed to student success and provide a challenging academic environment with appropriate support so all students can achieve their fullest potential. We create a uniquely supportive atmosphere that stresses respect and collegiality among students, faculty, and staff. We strive to continuously improve institutional effectiveness and student achievement through rigorous self-assessment and the implementation of innovative ideas.
- The teacher population of 56 teachers has grown by 55% over five years.
|Monroe College-New Rochelle||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||56 staff||81 staff|
|Total Enrollment||-||1,701 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||0:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||-||1,163 students|
|# Part-Time Students||-||538 students|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,500||$34,800|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid (Year 2010)||97%||88%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$16,072||$12,000|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$5,000||$4,792|
Source: 2012 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Monroe College-New Rochelle is Montefiore School of Nursing (3.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- n/a students | 3.20 Mi53 Valentine St
Mount Vernon,  NY  10550
(914) 361-6221 3.20n/a
- 93 students | 6.90 Mi967 North Broadway-Andrus Pavillion-Saint John's Riverside, HOSP
Yonkers,  NY  10701
(914) 964-4296 6.9093
- 6,601 students | 7.10 Mi2501 Jerome Avenue
Bronx,  NY  10468
(718) 933-6700 7.106,601
- 11,506 students | 7.80 Mi2155 University Avenue
Bronx,  NY  10453
(718) 289-5100 7.8011,506
- 916 students | 8.50 Mi325 Central Ave
White Plains,  NY  10606
Learn about mentoring programs at community colleges around the country and the benefits they offer to students.
The millennial generation is assumed to be entitled, lazy, and tech-obsessed. When you graduate from college, you may find yourself working against these stereotypes to land your first job. Keep reading to learn some tips for breaking those millennial stereotypes.
If capturing a moment in time calls to you, then consider developing your photography career starting at your community college. Learn about how community colleges can train and prepare you for a career in photography.