Monroe College-New Rochelle
- Monroe College provides professional, career oriented higher education to students from diverse backgrounds. We proudly offer access and opportunity to motivated students who desire to enrich their lives in a personalized and supportive environment. We provide caring and effective teaching and sustain faculty who are passionate, knowledgeable, and dedicated to student success. We build on these strengths to prepare graduates for successful careers. We provide unmatched personal service to our students, who are our first priority. We are committed to student success and provide a challenging academic environment with appropriate support so all students can achieve their fullest potential. We create a uniquely supportive atmosphere that stresses respect and collegiality among students, faculty, and staff. We strive to continuously improve institutional effectiveness and student achievement through rigorous self-assessment and the implementation of innovative ideas.
- The teacher population of 56 teachers has grown by 55% over five years.
|Monroe College-New Rochelle||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||56 staff||81 staff|
|Total Enrollment||-||1,701 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||0:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||-||1,163 students|
|# Part-Time Students||-||538 students|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,500||$34,800|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid (Year 2010)||97%||88%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$16,072||$12,000|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$5,000||$4,792|
Source: 2012 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Monroe College-New Rochelle is Montefiore School of Nursing (3.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- n/a students | 3.20 Mi53 Valentine St
Mount Vernon,  NY  10550
- 6,601 students | 6.20 Mi2501 Jerome Avenue
Bronx,  NY  10468
- 93 students | 6.40 Mi967 North Broadway-Andrus Pavillion-Saint John's Riverside, HOSP
Yonkers,  NY  10701
- 11,506 students | 7.80 Mi2155 University Avenue
Bronx,  NY  10453
- 916 students | 8.50 Mi325 Central Ave
White Plains,  NY  10606
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, businesses around the country are facing setbacks - colleges included. Read on to learn more about the impact of the pandemic on higher education in the United States.
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.