Monroe College-New Rochelle
- Monroe College provides professional, career oriented higher education to students from diverse backgrounds. We proudly offer access and opportunity to motivated students who desire to enrich their lives in a personalized and supportive environment. We provide caring and effective teaching and sustain faculty who are passionate, knowledgeable, and dedicated to student success. We build on these strengths to prepare graduates for successful careers. We provide unmatched personal service to our students, who are our first priority. We are committed to student success and provide a challenging academic environment with appropriate support so all students can achieve their fullest potential. We create a uniquely supportive atmosphere that stresses respect and collegiality among students, faculty, and staff. We strive to continuously improve institutional effectiveness and student achievement through rigorous self-assessment and the implementation of innovative ideas.
The teacher population of 56 teachers has grown by 55% over five years.
|Monroe College-New Rochelle||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||56 staff||88 staff|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||97%||88%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$16,072||$12,000|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$5,000||$4,792|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to Monroe College-New Rochelle is Montefiore School of Nursing (3.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 148 students | 3.20 Mi53 Valentine Street
Mount Vernon, NY 10550
(914) 361-6537 3.20148
- 107 students | 6.90 Mi967 North Broadway-Andrus Pavillion-Saint John's Riverside, HOSP
Yonkers, NY 10701
(914) 964-4296 6.90107
- 6,386 students | 7.10 Mi2501 Jerome Avenue
Bronx, NY 10468
(718) 933-6700 7.106,386
- 10,519 students | 7.80 Mi2155 University Avenue
Bronx, NY 10453
(718) 289-5100 7.8010,519
- 889 students | 8.50 Mi325 Central Ave
White Plains, NY 10606
(914) 948-4442 8.50889
Many fears have now been realized, as California lawmakers slash hundreds of millions of dollars from higher education budgets. We’ll look at how these dramatic cuts will impact community colleges across the state.
Hunting for a job is always nerve-wracking but even more so in the aftermath of a global pandemic. Read on to learn some job-hunting tactics and tips for remote interviewing.
May 18, 2021
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.