Monroe College-New Rochelle
- Monroe College provides professional, career oriented higher education to students from diverse backgrounds. We proudly offer access and opportunity to motivated students who desire to enrich their lives in a personalized and supportive environment. We provide caring and effective teaching and sustain faculty who are passionate, knowledgeable, and dedicated to student success. We build on these strengths to prepare graduates for successful careers. We provide unmatched personal service to our students, who are our first priority. We are committed to student success and provide a challenging academic environment with appropriate support so all students can achieve their fullest potential. We create a uniquely supportive atmosphere that stresses respect and collegiality among students, faculty, and staff. We strive to continuously improve institutional effectiveness and student achievement through rigorous self-assessment and the implementation of innovative ideas.
The teacher population of 56 teachers has grown by 55% over five years.
|Monroe College-New Rochelle||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||56 staff||88 staff|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||97%||88%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$16,072||$12,000|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$5,000||$4,792|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to Monroe College-New Rochelle is Montefiore School of Nursing (3.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 148 students | 3.20 Mi53 Valentine Street
Mount Vernon,  NY  10550
(914) 361-6537 3.20148
- 107 students | 6.90 Mi967 North Broadway-Andrus Pavillion-Saint John's Riverside, HOSP
Yonkers,  NY  10701
(914) 964-4296 6.90107
- 6,386 students | 7.10 Mi2501 Jerome Avenue
Bronx,  NY  10468
(718) 933-6700 7.106,386
- 10,519 students | 7.80 Mi2155 University Avenue
Bronx,  NY  10453
(718) 289-5100 7.8010,519
- 889 students | 8.50 Mi325 Central Ave
White Plains,  NY  10606
(914) 948-4442 8.50889
College is expensive enough without the added cost of medical school on top of it. If you're on a pre-med track, consider taking some of your prerequisites at community college. Keep reading to learn more.
Can pre-teens enroll in community college? A 12-year-old in Florida recently went to court when the local community college wouldn’t allow her to dual-enroll because she was too young. In California, a child prodigy is about to graduate from UCLA after starting at community college at the age of eight.
Explore a proposal by the governor of Massachusetts to coordinate the state’s 15 community colleges. There are strong feelings on both sides of the issue to consider.