Top Westchester County Community Colleges
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 6 top community colleges in Westchester County, New York, serving 15,550 students.
- Westchester County, NY community colleges have a diversity score of 0.51, which is lower than the national average of 0.65 (view national diversity statistics).
- Minority enrollment is 64% of the student body (majority Hispanic), and the student:teacher ratio is 25:1.
Top Westchester County Community Colleges (2018-19)
- College Location Students
- 99 church street
White Plains,  NY 10601
- 967 North Broadway-Andrus Pavillion-Saint John's Riverside, HOSP
Yonkers,  NY 10701
- 325 Central Ave
White Plains,  NY 10606
- 434 Main Street
New Rochelle,  NY 10801
- 53 Valentine St
Mount Vernon,  NY 10550
- 75 Grasslands Road
Valhalla,  NY 10595
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.