Cochran School of Nursing
Top Ranked (2021-22): View Rankings
Tel: (914) 964-4296
- The mission of the Cochran School of Nursing is to educate men and women in the art and science of professional nursing. This two-year program is designed to lead to an Associate Degree in Applied Science and to prepare students for licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse (RN).
Cochran School of Nursing ranks among the top 20% of community colleges in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Diversity in US community colleges
- Diversity Average community college minority breakdown
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
The teacher population of 12 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Cochran School of Nursing||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Special Focus Two-Year: Health Professions||Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||12 staff||88 staff|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||87%||88%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$20,000||$12,935|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$8,875||$5,549|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The Cochran School of Nursing, the oldest nursing school in Westchester County, has a long history of preparing excellent nursing clinicians. The Cochran School of Nursing is a two year (4 semester) program. You can also apply for the Fast-Track program, which takes 13 Months to complete. The students receive an Associates Degree in Applied Science for Registered Nursing. Focusing largely on the nursing process, the faculty facilitates student achievement of the program objectives and assists them to function in the current health care delivery system. Inherent in the teaching methods is the educational processes that enable the graduate to think critically in providing patient/family focused nursing care. There is emphasis on developing individual goals for personal growth, professional involvement, and participation in life long learning. Our students gaim clinical experience at the best hospitals in Westchester county including St. John's Riverside hospital, Andrus Pavilion, St. John's Riverside hospital parkcare pavilion, Westchester Medical Center, St. Vincent's Medical Center, visiting Nurse Association of Hudson valley, Michael Malotz Skilled Nursing pavillion, Community hospital at Dobbs Ferry and Sound Shore Medical Center.
The nearest community college to Cochran School of Nursing is Montefiore School of Nursing (4.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 148 students | 4.60 Mi53 Valentine Street
Mount Vernon, NY 10550
(914) 361-6537 4.60148
- 2,157 students | 6.90 Mi434 Main Street
New Rochelle, NY 10801
- 889 students | 6.90 Mi325 Central Ave
White Plains, NY 10606
(914) 948-4442 6.90889
- 6,386 students | 7.30 Mi2501 Jerome Avenue
Bronx, NY 10468
(718) 933-6700 7.306,386
- 625 students | 7.70 Mi99 church street
White Plains, NY 10601
(914) 694-1122 7.70625
Community college students in Florida are at risk of identity theft. Learn about what private information was accidentally published on public community college websites and how students can take action to guard their identities.
Are you paying too much for community college textbooks? Learn about how you can save money on your textbooks, ranging from tips on how to find the best used deals to even renting your textbooks.
Learn about the dazzling jewelry programs and certificates that are available at your local community college campus.