Cochran School of Nursing
- The mission of the Cochran School of Nursing is to educate men and women in the art and science of professional nursing. This two-year program is designed to lead to an Associate Degree in Applied Science and to prepare students for licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse (RN).
- The teacher population of 12 teachers has declined by 66% over five years.
|Cochran School of Nursing||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||12 staff||81 staff|
|Total Enrollment||93 students||1,701 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||12 students||1,163 students|
|# Part-Time Students||81 students||538 students|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$83,800||$35,300|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid (Year 2010)||87%||88%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$20,000||$13,747|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$8,875||$5,868|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The Cochran School of Nursing, the oldest nursing school in Westchester County, has a long history of preparing excellent nursing clinicians. The Cochran School of Nursing is a two year (4 semester) program. You can also apply for the Fast-Track program, which takes 13 Months to complete. The students receive an Associates Degree in Applied Science for Registered Nursing. Focusing largely on the nursing process, the faculty facilitates student achievement of the program objectives and assists them to function in the current health care delivery system. Inherent in the teaching methods is the educational processes that enable the graduate to think critically in providing patient/family focused nursing care. There is emphasis on developing individual goals for personal growth, professional involvement, and participation in life long learning. Our students gaim clinical experience at the best hospitals in Westchester county including St. John's Riverside hospital, Andrus Pavilion, St. John's Riverside hospital parkcare pavilion, Westchester Medical Center, St. Vincent's Medical Center, visiting Nurse Association of Hudson valley, Michael Malotz Skilled Nursing pavillion, Community hospital at Dobbs Ferry and Sound Shore Medical Center.
- College Location Mi. Students
- n/a students | 3.30 Mi53 Valentine St
Mount Vernon,  NY  10550
- 11,506 students | 5.20 Mi2155 University Avenue
Bronx,  NY  10453
- 6,601 students | 5.90 Mi2501 Jerome Avenue
Bronx,  NY  10468
- 1,163 students | 7.20 Mi3755 Broadway
New York,  NY  10032
- 6,985 students | 8.00 Mi500 Grand Concourse
Bronx,  NY  10451
August 09, 2018
Learn about why more students are attending community college classes with their parents.
July 16, 2018
Online courses are an affordable and convenient alternative to attending a traditional university. With the advent of the first all-online community college in California, the world of community college is changing and changing quickly. Keep reading to learn more.
July 11, 2018
Read on to learn the ins and outs of crafting the perfect college application essay.