Cochran School of Nursing
Tel: (914) 964-4296
- The mission of the Cochran School of Nursing is to educate men and women in the art and science of professional nursing. This two-year program is designed to lead to an Associate Degree in Applied Science and to prepare students for licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse (RN).
Cochran School of Nursing places among the top 20% of community colleges in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 12 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Cochran School of Nursing||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||12 staff||81 staff|
|Total Enrollment||93 students||1,701 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||12 students||1,163 students|
|# Part-Time Students||81 students||538 students|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$83,800||$35,200|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid (Year 2010)||87%||88%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$20,000||$13,006|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$8,875||$5,549|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The Cochran School of Nursing, the oldest nursing school in Westchester County, has a long history of preparing excellent nursing clinicians. The Cochran School of Nursing is a two year (4 semester) program. You can also apply for the Fast-Track program, which takes 13 Months to complete. The students receive an Associates Degree in Applied Science for Registered Nursing. Focusing largely on the nursing process, the faculty facilitates student achievement of the program objectives and assists them to function in the current health care delivery system. Inherent in the teaching methods is the educational processes that enable the graduate to think critically in providing patient/family focused nursing care. There is emphasis on developing individual goals for personal growth, professional involvement, and participation in life long learning. Our students gaim clinical experience at the best hospitals in Westchester county including St. John's Riverside hospital, Andrus Pavilion, St. John's Riverside hospital parkcare pavilion, Westchester Medical Center, St. Vincent's Medical Center, visiting Nurse Association of Hudson valley, Michael Malotz Skilled Nursing pavillion, Community hospital at Dobbs Ferry and Sound Shore Medical Center.
- The nearest community college to Cochran School of Nursing is Montefiore School of Nursing (4.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- n/a students | 4.60 Mi53 Valentine St
Mount Vernon,  NY  10550
(914) 361-6221 4.60n/a
- n/a students | 6.90 Mi434 Main Street
New Rochelle,  NY  10801
- 916 students | 6.90 Mi325 Central Ave
White Plains,  NY  10606
- 6,601 students | 7.30 Mi2501 Jerome Avenue
Bronx,  NY  10468
(718) 933-6700 7.306,601
- 625 students | 7.70 Mi99 church street
White Plains,  NY  10601
(914) 694-1122 7.70625
Learn about how budgetary constraints are prompting community colleges to only offer four-day school weeks.
Learn about how you can pursue a degree and career in the entertainment industry by starting at your local community college.
Learn about the variety of mentoring programs available in community colleges, and why you may want to be involved as a mentee or mentor.