- Mendocino College serves the educational needs of our students and our community by providing academic programs, transfer preparation, vocational training, lifelong learning opportunities and student support.
- The teacher population of 136 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Mendocino College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||136 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||3,769 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||28:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,168 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,601 students||5,903 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$29,200||$34,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The Mendocino-Lake Community College District was formed in September 1972 by vote of the citizens of the Anderson Valley, Laytonville, Potter Valley, Round Valley, Ukiah, and Willits Unified School Districts. Planning for the development of the initial offerings of the College occurred in the Spring of 1973, with the first classes offered in July 1973. our new Ukiah Campus has 20,000 sq. ft. Science Complex. This new facility, along with our state-of-the-art Center for Visual and Performing Arts, Athletic Complex, Lowery Library building, and Vocational Education facility, offer students excellent resources to pursue their goals. Mendocino College is accredited by accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
- The nearest community college to Mendocino College is Empire College School of Business (56.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 417 students | 56.60 Mi3035 Cleveland Ave
Santa Rosa,  CA  95403
- 27,365 students | 57.60 Mi1501 Mendocino Avenue
Santa Rosa,  CA  95401
- 6,348 students | 81.30 Mi2277 Napa-Vallejo Hwy
Napa,  CA  94558
- 159 students | 84.50 Mi990-A Klamath Lane
Yuba City,  CA  95993
- 2,554 students | 88.20 Mi2300 E Gibson Rd
Woodland,  CA  95776
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.