Top Ranked (2021): View Rankings
Tel: (707) 546-4000
- Empire College, located in Santa Rosa, California, is just one hour north of the San Francisco Bay Area in the heart of the wine-growing region of Sonoma County. On January 4, 2000, Empire opened the doors of its new 55,000 sq. ft. campus, which also houses two Sonoma County Superior Courts, at 3035 Cleveland Avenue in Santa Rosa.
The teacher population of 24 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Empire College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||24 staff||145 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||26||11|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||84%||76%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$14,167||$10,063|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$5,109||$5,751|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Since it was founded in 1961, the School of Business has dedicated its resources to providing quality career education that gives graduates an advantage in the job market. Over the past five years, Empire graduates have been placed in over 1500 companies, earning a combined income of more than $200,000,000! For the past 33 years, Empire College School of Law has been providing a rigorous and quality evening Juris Doctor education for students wishing to pursue a career in the field of law. We are very proud of the accomplishments of our graduates including members of the judiciary in Sonoma, Napa, Mendocino, and Merced Counties. The college offers total of 25 career training programs, including five Specialized Associate Degree programs in Accounting, Administrative Specialist, Computer/Information Technology, Medical Assistant, and Legal Assistant. In addition, Empire College works with rehabilitation specialists and injured workers to customize programs under California's Workers Compensation training voucher system. Information Technology, Medical Assisting, Medical Billing, Legal Assisting/Paralegal, Legal Secretary, Accounting Essentials, Computerized Business Skills, and Hospitality programs are offered in the evening. In addition, for those wanting a class on a particular software package, individual computer classes in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint) and more are offered at night. The School of Business is nationally accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS). In addition, the college is both a Microsoft IT Academy and a Security Certified Program Training Partner.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 20,000 students | 1.10 Mi1501 Mendocino Avenue
Santa Rosa,  CA  95401
(707) 527-4011 1.1020,000
- 5,503 students | 28.00 Mi2277 Napa-Vallejo Hwy
Napa,  CA  94558
(707) 256-7000 28.005,503
- 9,378 students | 36.60 Mi4000 Suisun Valley Rd
Fairfield,  CA  94534
(707) 864-7000 36.609,378
- 5,026 students | 36.70 Mi835 College Ave
Kentfield,  CA  94904
(415) 457-8811 36.705,026
- 7,193 students | 40.40 Mi2600 Mission Bell Dr
San Pablo,  CA  94806
(510) 235-7800 40.407,193
Learn about how the community college tuition hikes in the next year may be greater than the rate of inflation.
In light of the huge budget cuts facing California community colleges, class rationing is now on the table as one option to help schools stay in the black. Is it right, fair or even practical? We’ll explore the issue.
Learn about how some convicted criminals abused community colleges' financial aid programs and why Congress has decided to prohibit criminals from being eligible for future aid.