Woodland Community College
- The teacher population of 66 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Woodland Community College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||66 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,554 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||39:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||822 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,732 students||5,903 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Woodland Community College is International Academy of Design and Technology-Sacramento (11.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 60 students | 11.50 Mi2450 Del Paso Road-St 250
Sacramento,  CA  95834
- 23,317 students | 15.70 Mi3835 Freeport Blvd
Sacramento,  CA  95822
- 429 students | 19.10 Mi4330 Watt Ave., Suite 400
Sacramento,  CA  95821
- 29,133 students | 20.80 Mi4700 College Oak Dr
Sacramento,  CA  95841
- 1,385 students | 20.90 Mi8909 Folsom Blvd
Sacramento,  CA  95826
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.