Louisiana State University-Eunice
- LSU Eunice, a member of the Louisiana State University System, is a comprehensive, open admissions institution of higher education. The University is dedicated to high quality, low-cost education and is committed to academic excellence and the dignity and worth of the individual. To this end, LSU Eunice offers associate degrees, certificates and continuing education programs as well as transfer curricula. Its curricula span the liberal arts, sciences, business and technology, pre-professional and professional areas for the benefit of a diverse population. All who can benefit from its resources deserve the opportunity to pursue the goal of lifelong learning and to expand their knowledge and skills at LSU Eunice.
- The teacher population of 81 teachers has declined by 38% over five years.
|Louisiana State University-Eunice||(LA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||81 staff||26 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,738 students||1,493 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||34:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,351 students||382 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,387 students||1,111 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$36,400||$28,200|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- LSU Eunice is committed to maintaining the highest academic and professional standards in all of its educational and related programs and services. To this end, the University will endeavor to recruit the best qualified personnel available for its various programs and will encourage the professional growth of administrators, faculty, and staff as a continuous process. LSU Eunice first opened its doors in 1967. Since then, some 40,000+ students have enrolled. During their time at LSUE, they gained new knowledge and skills that they have been able to share as productive citizens of Southwest Louisiana. LSU Eunice is located just southwest of Eunice along Louisiana Highway 755 on a 196-acre tract of land originally belonging to the Arnold LeDoux family, which donated fifty acres for the establishment of the University campus. The University originally purchased an additional fifty acres and later acquired another 95.83 acres for future expansion. The campus is located in Acadia Parish, near the boundaries of Evangeline and St. Landry Parishes, in a rich and fertile section of Southwest Louisiana referred to as 'the tri-parish area.'
- College Location Mi. Students
- 259 students | 18.80 Mi1933 W Hutchinson Ave
Crowley,  LA  70526
- 127 students | 19.50 Mi1124 Vocational Dr
Ville Platte,  LA  70586
- 150 students | 21.40 Mi1230 North Main Street
Jennings,  LA  70546
- 6,332 students | 28.80 Mi1101 Bertrand Drive
Lafayette,  LA  70506
- 307 students | 32.10 Mi120 James Comeaux Rd.
Lafayette,  LA  70508
June 21, 2018
Learn about programs offered by community colleges that allow students to earn a two-year degree and then go on to earn a bachelor’s degree either online or at a nearby university.
June 21, 2018
Explore a trend seen this year, where enrollment rates are stabilizing or even falling at many community colleges around the country.
June 21, 2018
After transferring to a four-year institution, how do community college students fare? Learn about the reports and studies that shed light on community college student performance at the university level.