Louisiana State University-Eunice
- LSU Eunice, a member of the Louisiana State University System, is a comprehensive, open admissions institution of higher education. The University is dedicated to high quality, low-cost education and is committed to academic excellence and the dignity and worth of the individual. To this end, LSU Eunice offers associate degrees, certificates and continuing education programs as well as transfer curricula. Its curricula span the liberal arts, sciences, business and technology, pre-professional and professional areas for the benefit of a diverse population. All who can benefit from its resources deserve the opportunity to pursue the goal of lifelong learning and to expand their knowledge and skills at LSU Eunice.
Louisiana State University-Eunice places among the top 20% of community colleges in Louisiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 81 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Louisiana State University-Eunice||(LA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||81 staff||26 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,738 students||1,493 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||34:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,351 students||382 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,387 students||1,111 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$36,400||$28,200|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- LSU Eunice is committed to maintaining the highest academic and professional standards in all of its educational and related programs and services. To this end, the University will endeavor to recruit the best qualified personnel available for its various programs and will encourage the professional growth of administrators, faculty, and staff as a continuous process. LSU Eunice first opened its doors in 1967. Since then, some 40,000+ students have enrolled. During their time at LSUE, they gained new knowledge and skills that they have been able to share as productive citizens of Southwest Louisiana. LSU Eunice is located just southwest of Eunice along Louisiana Highway 755 on a 196-acre tract of land originally belonging to the Arnold LeDoux family, which donated fifty acres for the establishment of the University campus. The University originally purchased an additional fifty acres and later acquired another 95.83 acres for future expansion. The campus is located in Acadia Parish, near the boundaries of Evangeline and St. Landry Parishes, in a rich and fertile section of Southwest Louisiana referred to as 'the tri-parish area.'
- The nearest community college to Louisiana State University-Eunice is Louisiana Technical College-Acadian Campus (18.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 259 students | 18.80 Mi1933 W Hutchinson Ave
Crowley,  LA  70526
- 127 students | 19.50 Mi1124 Vocational Dr
Ville Platte,  LA  70586
- 150 students | 21.40 Mi1230 North Main Street
Jennings,  LA  70546
- n/a students | 21.40 Mi332 E South St
Opelousas,  LA  70570
- n/a students | 26.70 Mi117 Hwy 1152
Oakdale,  LA  71463
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, businesses around the country are facing setbacks - colleges included. Read on to learn more about the impact of the pandemic on higher education in the United States.