Louisiana State University-Eunice
- LSU Eunice, a member of the Louisiana State University System, is a comprehensive, open admissions institution of higher education. The University is dedicated to high quality, low-cost education and is committed to academic excellence and the dignity and worth of the individual. To this end, LSU Eunice offers associate degrees, certificates and continuing education programs as well as transfer curricula. Its curricula span the liberal arts, sciences, business and technology, pre-professional and professional areas for the benefit of a diverse population. All who can benefit from its resources deserve the opportunity to pursue the goal of lifelong learning and to expand their knowledge and skills at LSU Eunice.
Louisiana State University-Eunice serves 3,142 students (53% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 is same as the state community college average of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 22% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the state average of 55%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 3,142 students
- In-state tuition: $3,522
- Out-state tuition: $8,886
- Student:teacher ratio: 17:1
- Minority enrollment: 22%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Louisiana State University-Eunice ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Louisiana for:
The teacher population of 183 teachers has grown by 125% over five years.
Louisiana State University-Eunice
(LA) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 years but < 4 years
The student population of Louisiana State University-Eunice has stayed relatively flat over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has increased from 16:1 over five years.
The Louisiana State University-Eunice diversity score of 0.37 is less than the state average of 0.68. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $3,522 is more than the state average of $2,971. The in-state tuition has declined by 17% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $8,886 is more than the state average of $6,101. The out-state tuition has declined by 7% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) , School Administrators
- LSU Eunice is committed to maintaining the highest academic and professional standards in all of its educational and related programs and services. To this end, the University will endeavor to recruit the best qualified personnel available for its various programs and will encourage the professional growth of administrators, faculty, and staff as a continuous process. LSU Eunice first opened its doors in 1967. Since then, some 40,000+ students have enrolled. During their time at LSUE, they gained new knowledge and skills that they have been able to share as productive citizens of Southwest Louisiana. LSU Eunice is located just southwest of Eunice along Louisiana Highway 755 on a 196-acre tract of land originally belonging to the Arnold LeDoux family, which donated fifty acres for the establishment of the University campus. The University originally purchased an additional fifty acres and later acquired another 95.83 acres for future expansion. The campus is located in Acadia Parish, near the boundaries of Evangeline and St. Landry Parishes, in a rich and fertile section of Southwest Louisiana referred to as 'the tri-parish area.'
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Louisiana State University-Eunice cost?
Louisiana State University-Eunice's tuition is approximately $3,522 for In-State students and $8,886 for Out-State students.
What is Louisiana State University-Eunice's ranking?
Louisiana State University-Eunice ranks among the top 20% of community college in Louisiana for: Largest student body and Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation).
Learn about the lucrative career opportunities in nano-technology and how you can begin your training right at community college.
The Top Challenges for Non-Traditional Students in Community College
If you are starting community college as an adult, there are certain challenges you can expect to face. Understanding and anticipating those challenges will help you to face them head-on with the greatest chance for success.
January 17, 2023ChatGPT: A Powerful Tool With Many Uses
When your database is the entire Internet, you can answer just about any question lightning-fast. Here are some suggestions for using ChatGTP in your college studies.