- The Louisiana Technical College (LTC) delivers instructional programs which provide skilled employees for business and industry that contribute to the overall economic development and workforce needs of the state. The LTC provides individuals with quality and relevant learning opportunities consistent with identified student, business and industry needs within a life-long learning environment.
Louisiana Technical College-Ascension Campus serves 567 students (30% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 32:1 is higher than the state community college average of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body (majority Black and Hispanic), which is less than the state average of 55%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 567 students
- In-state tuition: $1,206
- Out-state tuition: $1,968
- Student:teacher ratio: 32:1
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Louisiana Technical College-Ascension Campus ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Louisiana for:
The teacher population of 18 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Louisiana Technical College-Ascension Campus
(LA) Community College Avg.
Associate's--Public Suburban-serving Multicampus
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 years but < 4 years
The student population of Louisiana Technical College-Ascension Campus has stayed relatively flat over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 32:1 has stayed the same over five years.
The Louisiana Technical College-Ascension Campus diversity score of 1.00 is more than the state average of 0.68. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years) (Year 2010)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years) (Year 2010)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $1,206 is less than the state average of $2,971. The in-state tuition has grown by 31% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $1,968 is less than the state average of $6,101. The out-state tuition has grown by 34% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Louisiana Technical College provides statewide technical and vocational education and is composed of seven districts with forty campuses, each consisting of a multicultural population encompassing much diversification in the way of ideas, traditions, values, skills, and arts. This college is governed by the Louisiana Community and Technical College System (LCTCS) Board of Supervisors, which in turn comes under regulations set forth by the Louisiana Board of Regents for Higher Education. LTC, Ascension Campus opened its doors in 1979 and offers quality occupational programs to citizens of Ascension and surrounding parishes. We offer Associate degrees, diplomas and certifications in numerous program areas as well as Developmental Studies and GED preparation classes. LTC, Ascension Campus can also customize programs for companies interested in training their employees through our Customized and Incumbent Worker Training Program. Classes may be taken druing the day and/or in the evening. Tuition fees are reasonable and financial aid is available for those who qualify. The Accrediting Commission of the Council on Occupational Education (COE) accredits each individual campus of the Louisiana Technical College.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Louisiana Technical College-Ascension Campus cost?
Louisiana Technical College-Ascension Campus's tuition is approximately $1,206 for In-State students and $1,968 for Out-State students.
What schools are Louisiana Technical College-Ascension Campus often compared to?
Louisiana Technical College-Ascension Campusis often viewed alongside schools like River Parishes Community College by visitors of our site.
What is Louisiana Technical College-Ascension Campus's ranking?
Louisiana Technical College-Ascension Campus ranks among the top 20% of community college in Louisiana for: Least expensive tuition and Average community college minority breakdown.
Microcredentials: Tailoring Learning Journeys in Robotics
Micro-credentials offer a unique opportunity for adult learners to tailor their learning journeys to their specific needs and career aspirations. In this article we explore micro-credentials in robotics.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.