Louisiana Technical College-Ascension Campus
- The Louisiana Technical College (LTC) delivers instructional programs which provide skilled employees for business and industry that contribute to the overall economic development and workforce needs of the state. The LTC provides individuals with quality and relevant learning opportunities consistent with identified student, business and industry needs within a life-long learning environment.
The teacher population of 18 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Louisiana Technical College-Ascension Campus||(LA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's--Public Suburban-serving Multicampus||Associate's--Public Urban-serving Multicampus|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||18 staff||26 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Louisiana Technical College provides statewide technical and vocational education and is composed of seven districts with forty campuses, each consisting of a multicultural population encompassing much diversification in the way of ideas, traditions, values, skills, and arts. This college is governed by the Louisiana Community and Technical College System (LCTCS) Board of Supervisors, which in turn comes under regulations set forth by the Louisiana Board of Regents for Higher Education. LTC, Ascension Campus opened its doors in 1979 and offers quality occupational programs to citizens of Ascension and surrounding parishes. We offer Associate degrees, diplomas and certifications in numerous program areas as well as Developmental Studies and GED preparation classes. LTC, Ascension Campus can also customize programs for companies interested in training their employees through our Customized and Incumbent Worker Training Program. Classes may be taken druing the day and/or in the evening. Tuition fees are reasonable and financial aid is available for those who qualify. The Accrediting Commission of the Council on Occupational Education (COE) accredits each individual campus of the Louisiana Technical College.
The nearest community college to Louisiana Technical College-Ascension Campus is River Parishes Community College (3.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,470 students | 3.90 Mi925 West Edenborne Parkway
Gonzales, LA 70737
(225) 743-8500 3.903,470
- 663 students | 15.40 Mi13944 Airline Hwy
Baton Rouge, LA 70817
(225) 752-4233 15.40663
- 100 students | 18.90 Mi10550 Airline Hwy
Baton Rouge, LA 70816
(225) 769-8820 18.90100
- 60 students | 19.20 Mi4520 South Sherwood Forrest Boulevard
Baton Rouge, LA 70816
(225) 236-3200 19.2060
- 1,723 students | 19.60 Mi181 Regala Pk Rd
Reserve, LA 70084
Are you receiving the full financial aid you should? The process of applying for financial aid can be both time-consuming and confusing, especially for first-time college students. Learn about common errors to avoid in order to maximize your financial aid opportunities.
Make sure that your community college credits will transfer to your four year university by following these recommended strategies.
In preparation for the newly approved industry on its way to Massachusetts, community colleges across the state are partnering with the gambling industry to provide casino training.