Louisiana Technical College-Ascension Campus
- The Louisiana Technical College (LTC) delivers instructional programs which provide skilled employees for business and industry that contribute to the overall economic development and workforce needs of the state. The LTC provides individuals with quality and relevant learning opportunities consistent with identified student, business and industry needs within a life-long learning environment.
- The teacher population of 18 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Louisiana Technical College-Ascension Campus||(LA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||18 staff||26 staff|
|Total Enrollment||567 students||1,493 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||32:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||172 students||382 students|
|# Part-Time Students||395 students||1,111 students|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2010)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,000||$31,000|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Louisiana Technical College provides statewide technical and vocational education and is composed of seven districts with forty campuses, each consisting of a multicultural population encompassing much diversification in the way of ideas, traditions, values, skills, and arts. This college is governed by the Louisiana Community and Technical College System (LCTCS) Board of Supervisors, which in turn comes under regulations set forth by the Louisiana Board of Regents for Higher Education. LTC, Ascension Campus opened its doors in 1979 and offers quality occupational programs to citizens of Ascension and surrounding parishes. We offer Associate degrees, diplomas and certifications in numerous program areas as well as Developmental Studies and GED preparation classes. LTC, Ascension Campus can also customize programs for companies interested in training their employees through our Customized and Incumbent Worker Training Program. Classes may be taken druing the day and/or in the evening. Tuition fees are reasonable and financial aid is available for those who qualify. The Accrediting Commission of the Council on Occupational Education (COE) accredits each individual campus of the Louisiana Technical College.
- The nearest community college to Louisiana Technical College-Ascension Campus is River Parishes Community College (3.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,240 students | 3.90 Mi925 West Edenborne Parkway
Gonzales,  LA  70737
- 692 students | 15.40 Mi13944 Airline Hwy
Baton Rouge,  LA  70817
- 208 students | 18.90 Mi10550 Airline Hwy
Baton Rouge,  LA  70816
- 296 students | 19.20 Mi10551 Coursey Boulevard
Baton Rouge,  LA  70816
- 1,723 students | 19.60 Mi181 Regala Pk Rd
Reserve,  LA  70084
Air traffic controllers enjoy secure, interesting work. Earning a degree in ATC at a community college is an excellent first step to securing a job.
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.