River Parishes Community College
Tel: (225) 743-8500
- River Parishes Community College is an open-admission, two-year, post-secondary public institution serving the river parishes. The College provides transferable courses and curricula up to and including Certificates and Associates degrees. River Parishes Community College also partners with the communities it serves by providing programs for personal, professional, and academic growth. We are pleased that you have taken this opportunity to visit us via the River Parishes Community College web page. The site is designed to provide an interactive point of contact for general information regarding the organization, management and services of RPCC. Two years of higher education at one of the LCTCS community or technical colleges offers many opportunities for Louisiana to "transform its workforce". We urge you to examine this opportunity very carefully as you plan your own future.
The teacher population of 52 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|River Parishes Community College||(LA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||52 staff||26 staff|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Gamma Beta Phi, Red Wheelbarrow Humanities Club, Rotaract Club
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to River Parishes Community College is Louisiana Technical College-Ascension Campus (3.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 567 students | 3.90 Mi9697 Airline Hwy
Sorrento,  LA  70778
(225) 675-5397 3.90567
- 663 students | 13.70 Mi13944 Airline Hwy
Baton Rouge,  LA  70817
(225) 752-4233 13.70663
- 100 students | 17.10 Mi10550 Airline Hwy
Baton Rouge,  LA  70816
(225) 769-8820 17.10100
- 60 students | 17.50 Mi4520 South Sherwood Forrest Boulevard
Baton Rouge,  LA  70816
(225) 236-3200 17.5060
- 58 students | 18.30 Mi9352 Interline Ave
Baton Rouge,  LA  70809
(225) 923-2524 18.3058
Learn about how the community college tuition hikes in the next year may be greater than the rate of inflation.
In light of the huge budget cuts facing California community colleges, class rationing is now on the table as one option to help schools stay in the black. Is it right, fair or even practical? We’ll explore the issue.
Learn about how some convicted criminals abused community colleges' financial aid programs and why Congress has decided to prohibit criminals from being eligible for future aid.