River Parishes Community College
- River Parishes Community College is an open-admission, two-year, post-secondary public institution serving the river parishes. The College provides transferable courses and curricula up to and including Certificates and Associates degrees. River Parishes Community College also partners with the communities it serves by providing programs for personal, professional, and academic growth. We are pleased that you have taken this opportunity to visit us via the River Parishes Community College web page. The site is designed to provide an interactive point of contact for general information regarding the organization, management and services of RPCC. Two years of higher education at one of the LCTCS community or technical colleges offers many opportunities for Louisiana to "transform its workforce". We urge you to examine this opportunity very carefully as you plan your own future.
- The teacher population of 52 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|River Parishes Community College||(LA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||52 staff||26 staff|
|Total Enrollment||3,240 students||1,493 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||62:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||798 students||382 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,442 students||1,111 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Gamma Beta Phi, Red Wheelbarrow Humanities Club, Rotaract Club
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to River Parishes Community College is Louisiana Technical College-Ascension Campus (3.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 567 students | 3.90 Mi9697 Airline Hwy
Sorrento,  LA  70778
- 692 students | 13.70 Mi13944 Airline Hwy
Baton Rouge,  LA  70817
- 208 students | 17.10 Mi10550 Airline Hwy
Baton Rouge,  LA  70816
- 296 students | 17.50 Mi10551 Coursey Boulevard
Baton Rouge,  LA  70816
- 78 students | 18.30 Mi9352 Interline Ave
Baton Rouge,  LA  70809
Thanks to modern technology, students can now attend class from the comfort of their homes. While online courses were once deemed inferior to lecture halls, the stigma has seemed to fade as technology advances and becomes a greater and greater part of a standard academic curriculum.The virtual classroom is here, but are online college courses right for you?
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.