River Parishes Community College
Tel: (225) 743-8500
- River Parishes Community College is an open-admission, two-year, post-secondary public institution serving the river parishes. The College provides transferable courses and curricula up to and including Certificates and Associates degrees. River Parishes Community College also partners with the communities it serves by providing programs for personal, professional, and academic growth. We are pleased that you have taken this opportunity to visit us via the River Parishes Community College web page. The site is designed to provide an interactive point of contact for general information regarding the organization, management and services of RPCC. Two years of higher education at one of the LCTCS community or technical colleges offers many opportunities for Louisiana to "transform its workforce". We urge you to examine this opportunity very carefully as you plan your own future.
The teacher population of 52 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|River Parishes Community College||(LA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||52 staff||26 staff|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Gamma Beta Phi, Red Wheelbarrow Humanities Club, Rotaract Club
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to River Parishes Community College is Louisiana Technical College-Ascension Campus (3.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 567 students | 3.90 Mi9697 Airline Hwy
Sorrento,  LA  70778
(225) 675-5397 3.90567
- 692 students | 13.70 Mi13944 Airline Hwy
Baton Rouge,  LA  70817
(225) 752-4233 13.70692
- 100 students | 17.10 Mi10550 Airline Hwy
Baton Rouge,  LA  70816
(225) 769-8820 17.10100
- 296 students | 17.50 Mi10551 Coursey Boulevard
Baton Rouge,  LA  70816
(225) 236-3200 17.50296
- 78 students | 18.30 Mi9352 Interline Ave
Baton Rouge,  LA  70809
(225) 923-2524 18.3078
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
We examine a new report at USA Today that shows employment rates for community college graduates have skyrocketed - and which of the fields where a community college degree is particularly helpful.
Who says college is just for the 18 - 22 year old crowd? In fact, more community colleges are recruiting students over the age of 50 - and for good reason!