River Parishes Community College
- River Parishes Community College is an open-admission, two-year, post-secondary public institution serving the river parishes. The College provides transferable courses and curricula up to and including Certificates and Associates degrees. River Parishes Community College also partners with the communities it serves by providing programs for personal, professional, and academic growth. We are pleased that you have taken this opportunity to visit us via the River Parishes Community College web page. The site is designed to provide an interactive point of contact for general information regarding the organization, management and services of RPCC. Two years of higher education at one of the LCTCS community or technical colleges offers many opportunities for Louisiana to "transform its workforce". We urge you to examine this opportunity very carefully as you plan your own future.
- The teacher population of 52 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|River Parishes Community College||(LA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||52 staff||26 staff|
|Total Enrollment||3,240 students||1,493 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||62:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||798 students||382 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,442 students||1,111 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Gamma Beta Phi, Red Wheelbarrow Humanities Club, Rotaract Clu
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to River Parishes Community College is Louisiana Technical College-Ascension Campus (1.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 567 students | 1.90 Mi9697 Airline Hwy
Sorrento,  LA  70778
- 692 students | 16.00 Mi13944 Airline Hwy
Baton Rouge,  LA  70817
- 1,723 students | 19.30 Mi181 Regala Pk Rd
Reserve,  LA  70084
- 208 students | 19.70 Mi10550 Airline Hwy
Baton Rouge,  LA  70816
- 296 students | 20.00 Mi10551 Coursey Boulevard
Baton Rouge,  LA  70816
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.
Going to college is hard work but it’s even more challenging for nontraditional students who are working or raising a family at the same time. If you’re considering community college to improve your life or further your career, here’s everything you need to know.
Many students enter community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year college or university. Unfortunately, the path can be fraught with challenges. Articulation agreements between schools help students navigate the pitfalls to ensure an easier, more successful transition.