River Parishes Community College
- River Parishes Community College is an open-admission, two-year, post-secondary public institution serving the river parishes. The College provides transferable courses and curricula up to and including Certificates and Associates degrees. River Parishes Community College also partners with the communities it serves by providing programs for personal, professional, and academic growth. We are pleased that you have taken this opportunity to visit us via the River Parishes Community College web page. The site is designed to provide an interactive point of contact for general information regarding the organization, management and services of RPCC. Two years of higher education at one of the LCTCS community or technical colleges offers many opportunities for Louisiana to "transform its workforce". We urge you to examine this opportunity very carefully as you plan your own future.
- The teacher population of 52 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|River Parishes Community College||(LA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||52 staff||26 staff|
|Total Enrollment||3,240 students||1,493 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||62:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||798 students||382 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,442 students||1,111 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Gamma Beta Phi, Red Wheelbarrow Humanities Club, Rotaract Clu
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to River Parishes Community College is Louisiana Technical College-Ascension Campus (1.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 567 students | 1.90 Mi9697 Airline Hwy
Sorrento,  LA  70778
- 692 students | 16.00 Mi13944 Airline Hwy
Baton Rouge,  LA  70817
- 1,723 students | 19.30 Mi181 Regala Pk Rd
Reserve,  LA  70084
- 208 students | 19.70 Mi10550 Airline Hwy
Baton Rouge,  LA  70816
- 296 students | 20.00 Mi10551 Coursey Boulevard
Baton Rouge,  LA  70816
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.