River Parishes Community College
- River Parishes Community College is an open-admission, two-year, post-secondary public institution serving the river parishes. The College provides transferable courses and curricula up to and including Certificates and Associates degrees. River Parishes Community College also partners with the communities it serves by providing programs for personal, professional, and academic growth. We are pleased that you have taken this opportunity to visit us via the River Parishes Community College web page. The site is designed to provide an interactive point of contact for general information regarding the organization, management and services of RPCC. Two years of higher education at one of the LCTCS community or technical colleges offers many opportunities for Louisiana to "transform its workforce". We urge you to examine this opportunity very carefully as you plan your own future.
- The teacher population of 52 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|River Parishes Community College||(LA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||52 staff||26 staff|
|Total Enrollment||3,240 students||1,493 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||62:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||798 students||382 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,442 students||1,111 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Gamma Beta Phi, Red Wheelbarrow Humanities Club, Rotaract Clu
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to River Parishes Community College is Louisiana Technical College-Ascension Campus (1.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 567 students | 1.90 Mi9697 Airline Hwy
Sorrento,  LA  70778
- 692 students | 16.00 Mi13944 Airline Hwy
Baton Rouge,  LA  70817
(225) 752-4233 16.00692
- 1,723 students | 19.30 Mi181 Regala Pk Rd
Reserve,  LA  70084
- 208 students | 19.70 Mi10550 Airline Hwy
Baton Rouge,  LA  70816
- 296 students | 20.00 Mi10551 Coursey Boulevard
Baton Rouge,  LA  70816
The Online Education Initiative will greatly expand course offerings for community college students, while making the transfer process between institutions much more smooth. The Initiative has its critics, however, who decry the loss of local control over education.
A recent study reveals that job applicants with a credential or associate’s degree from a community college have slightly better chances of getting a job interview than students who attend a for-profit college or university. Since community colleges are much more budget friendly than for-profit institutions and have much better job placement results, community colleges are a much better option for employment-minded students.
After City College of San Francisco loses its accreditation, other community colleges in the state are facing warnings, sanctions and possible loss of accreditation as well.