Lone Star College System
- Known for its innovation and its visionary thinking, Lone Star College System is the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area and the fastest growing community college system in Texas. LSCS offers associate degrees and certification in about many areas of study.Through its progressive partnerships with four-year universities, LSCS can also offer seamless opportunities to obtain bachelor's and master's degrees at one of its two University Centers.
- The teacher population of 1,946 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Lone Star College System||(TX) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||1,946 staff||76 staff|
|Total Enrollment||69,395 students||3,921 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||36:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||19,234 students||1,055 students|
|# Part-Time Students||50,161 students||2,866 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$37,300||$33,800|
- The idea of a college campus in the North Houston region was once only a vision in the minds of community leaders. It began the journey to reality in 1972 when residents in the Aldine, Humble and Spring Independent School Districts elected to create a junior college district, which became known as North Harris County College. We opened our doors in the fall of 1973 and our 16-member staff welcomed 613 students to the first classes held at Aldine High School. NHMCCD is one of the largest and fastest growing community colleges in Texas. Over 41,000 students register for credit courses each semester with an additional 15,000 in continuing education courses. The college district serves an area over 1,400 square miles, encompassing the school districts of Aldine, Conroe, Cypress-Fairbanks, Humble, Klein, Magnolia, New Caney, Splendora, Spring, Tomball Willis, and the surrounding communities. NHMCCD comprises North Harris College, Kingwood College, Tomball College, Montgomery College, and Cy-Fair College as well as satellite centers - Carver, Parkway, Career and Technology Center, East Montgomery County Improvement District, Fairbanks, Willow Chase and the Center for Business & Technology Training. The University Center, a partnership with NHMCCD and six Texas universities, provides over 60 bachelor's, master's, and doctorate programs. NHMCCD offers Honors Program, Service Learning, Learning Communities and Distance Learning programs.
- The nearest community college to Lone Star College System is Commonwealth Institute of Funeral Service (14.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 228 students | 14.10 Mi415 Barren Springs Dr
Houston,  TX  77090
- 1,998 students | 14.40 Mi721 Lock Haven Dr.
Houston,  TX  77073
- 334 students | 14.80 Mi711 East Airtex Dr
Houston,  TX  77073
- 415 students | 17.00 Mi11310 Greens Crossing Blvd, Ste 300
Houston,  TX  77067
- 430 students | 26.00 Mi7070 Allensby
Houston,  TX  77022