Lone Star College System News
Browse past news stories for Lone Star College System in Spring, TX.
- Lone Star College System helps ITT Tech students transition - Community Impact Newspaper
posted on September 12, 2016 at 10:24:12 pm
Houston Chronicle6, officials with Lone Star College System declared they would be coming to the aid of affected students. “This is a very difficult time for ITT students,” LSCS Chancellor Stephen Head said. “Lone Star College is ready to answer their questions in a ...Community colleges see interest f ...
- Lone Star College System sees increase in tuition, enrollment - Community Impact Newspaper
posted on September 7, 2016 at 06:48:30 pm
Lone Star College System has increased tuition by $2 per credit hour amid rising student enrollment this semester. Funding from the state for the 2016-17 budget has not changed. “The actual d ...
- Lone Star College System Trustees to hold regular meeting Sept. 1 - The Paper Magazine
posted on August 30, 2016 at 10:24:00 am
HOUSTON, TX (Aug. 29, 2016) – The Lone Star College System Board of Trustees will hold its workshop and regular meeting Thursday, Sept. 1, 2016, at 6 p.m. in the board room ...
- Lone Star College System Vice Chancellor discusses growth plan to accommodate student needs, demands - Your Houston News
posted on August 4, 2016 at 03:34:00 pm
Amos McDonald, the Lone Star College System vice chancellor for Government Relations, Community and Government Leadership Development, had the chance to share more about upcoming developments and e ...
- Lone Star College System Trustees to conduct budget workshop July 14 - Your Houston News
posted on July 12, 2016 at 05:58:20 pm
The Lone Star College System Board of Trustees will conduct a budget workshop July 14, at noon in the board room of the Training and Development Center located at 5000 Research Forest Driv ...
- Lone Star College System Board Meeting - Your Houston News
posted on June 2, 2016 at 12:05:24 am
Chron.comApproval for the board to submit Chancellor Dr. Stephen Head for the CEO award through the Association of Community College Trustees. • Approval for the board to submit Ms. Helen Clougherty for the Professional Bo ...
- Lone Star College System expands online services for veterans - Community Impact Newspaper
posted on May 11, 2016 at 03:55:39 pm
Lone Star College System is implementing ways to make more educational opportunities available for veterans and active-duty service members by offering improved online services and flexible course start dates. “About ...
- Economy leads to increase in Lone Star College System population - Your Houston News
posted on February 6, 2016 at 04:02:15 pm
Lone Star College System is up about five percent, or 4,000 students, according to Chancellor Dr. Steve Head at Thursday's Board of Trustees meeting. Head said the increase is “pretty m ...
- Lone Star College System names president of largest campus - Houston Business Journal
posted on December 3, 2015 at 02:34:52 pm
The Houston area's Lone Star College System has named Seelpa Keshvala as the new president of the CyFair campus, effective March 1. Keshvala will replace Deana Sheppard, who has been serving as interim president. She w ...
- Lone Star College System Trustees to hold regular meeting Feb. 5 - The Paper Magazine
posted on February 3, 2015 at 02:09:35 pm
Your Houston NewsHOUSTON, TX (Feb. 2, 2015) – The Lone Star College System Board of Trustees will hold its workshop and regular meeting Thursday, Feb. 5, 2015, at 5 p.m. in the board room of the Lone Star College Trai ...
June 19, 2018
Community colleges have responded to the needs of working adults with online options.
June 18, 2018
Community Colleges have existed for more than 100 years and they have changed significantly in that amount of time. Keep reading to learn more about the history of community colleges and how they've changed the face of American public education.
June 18, 2018
After transferring to a four-year institution, how do community college students fare? Learn about the reports and studies that shed light on community college student performance at the university level.