ITT Technical Institute-Houston North (Closed 2016)
The teacher population of 21 teachers has grown by 110% over five years.
|ITT Technical Institute-Houston North||(TX) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associates Colleges||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||21 staff||121 staff|
Source: 2015 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- ITT Technical Institute, Houston, is one of a network of coeducational, non-denominational private postsecondary educational institutions owned and operated by ITT Educational Services, Inc., a Delaware corporation. ITT Technical Institute was founded December 1, 1959 as Teletronic Technical Institute. In July 1965, the name was changed to Sams Technical Institute. International Telephone & Telegraph Corporation acquired the school in 1966. The name of the school was changed in September 1970 to ITT Technical Institute. The school moved to its present location in September 1996. The school now offers associate of applied science degree programs of study in Computer and Electronics Engineering Technology, Computer Drafting and Design and Information Technology, a bachelor of applied science degree program of study in Automated Manufacturing Technology and bachelor of science degree programs of study in Business Adminstration, Data Communication Systems Technology, Digital Entertainment and Game Design, Electronics and Communications Engineering Technology, Industrial Automation Engineering Technology, Information Systems Security, Software Engineering Technology and Technical Project Management. Other branches of ITT Technical Institute are located in Norfolk, Virginia, Norwood, Massachusetts, Woburn Massachusetts, Louisville, Kentucky and Arnold, Missouri. ITT Technical Institute, Houston (Blue Ash), Texas ITT Technical Institute, Houston opened in December 1985 offering Electronics Engineering Technology. The school now offers associate of applied science degree programs of study in Computer and Electronics Engineering Technology, Computer Drafting and Design and Information Technology. The school occupies approximately 30,726 square feet which contain theory classrooms, laboratories, administrative offices, library and bookstore. The facility has parking spaces, ramped entrances and restroom facilities for disabled individuals. The facility is in compliance with federal, state and local ordinances and regulations, including those relating to safety and health. The college is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools to award associate in applied science degrees.
The nearest community college to ITT Technical Institute-Houston North is Commonwealth Institute of Funeral Service (0.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 205 students | 0.40 Mi415 Barren Springs Dr
Houston, TX 77090
(281) 873-0262 0.40205
- 448 students | 3.30 Mi11310 Greens Crossing Blvd, Ste 300
Houston, TX 77067
(281) 885-4450 3.30448
- 339 students | 12.10 Mi7070 Allensby
Houston, TX 77022
(713) 358-5070 12.10339
- 1,684 students | 13.70 Mi240 Northwest Mall
Houston, TX 77092
(713) 425-3100 13.701,684
- 73,499 students | 15.10 Mi5000 Research Forest Drive
The Woodlands, TX 77381
(832) 813-6500 15.1073,499
Learn more about how community colleges and federal loans can help you affordably finance your community college education.
Many degree programs require students to take electives but what are the pros and cons of elective courses?
Many community college students are the first in their family to attend college, and this designation comes with its own share of responsibilities and challenges. Learn about the support available specifically for first-generation community college students.