ITT Technical Institute-Houston North (Closed 2016)
- The teacher population of 21 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|ITT Technical Institute-Houston North||(TX) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||21 staff||76 staff|
|Total Enrollment||645 students||3,921 students|
|# Full-Time Students||569 students||1,055 students|
|# Part-Time Students||76 students||2,866 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2010)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$42,800||$33,800|
Source: 2015 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- ITT Technical Institute, Houston, is one of a network of coeducational, non-denominational private postsecondary educational institutions owned and operated by ITT Educational Services, Inc., a Delaware corporation. ITT Technical Institute was founded December 1, 1959 as Teletronic Technical Institute. In July 1965, the name was changed to Sams Technical Institute. International Telephone & Telegraph Corporation acquired the school in 1966. The name of the school was changed in September 1970 to ITT Technical Institute. The school moved to its present location in September 1996. The school now offers associate of applied science degree programs of study in Computer and Electronics Engineering Technology, Computer Drafting and Design and Information Technology, a bachelor of applied science degree program of study in Automated Manufacturing Technology and bachelor of science degree programs of study in Business Adminstration, Data Communication Systems Technology, Digital Entertainment and Game Design, Electronics and Communications Engineering Technology, Industrial Automation Engineering Technology, Information Systems Security, Software Engineering Technology and Technical Project Management. Other branches of ITT Technical Institute are located in Norfolk, Virginia, Norwood, Massachusetts, Woburn Massachusetts, Louisville, Kentucky and Arnold, Missouri. ITT Technical Institute, Houston (Blue Ash), Texas ITT Technical Institute, Houston opened in December 1985 offering Electronics Engineering Technology. The school now offers associate of applied science degree programs of study in Computer and Electronics Engineering Technology, Computer Drafting and Design and Information Technology. The school occupies approximately 30,726 square feet which contain theory classrooms, laboratories, administrative offices, library and bookstore. The facility has parking spaces, ramped entrances and restroom facilities for disabled individuals. The facility is in compliance with federal, state and local ordinances and regulations, including those relating to safety and health. The college is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools to award associate in applied science degrees.
- The nearest community college to ITT Technical Institute-Houston North is Commonwealth Institute of Funeral Service (0.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 228 students | 0.40 Mi415 Barren Springs Dr
Houston,  TX  77090
- 1,998 students | 0.90 Mi721 Lock Haven Dr.
Houston,  TX  77073
- 334 students | 1.10 Mi711 East Airtex Dr
Houston,  TX  77073
- 415 students | 3.20 Mi11310 Greens Crossing Blvd, Ste 300
Houston,  TX  77067
- 430 students | 12.10 Mi7070 Allensby
Houston,  TX  77022
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.