ITT Technical Institute-Houston North (Closed 2016)
- The teacher population of 21 teachers has grown by 110% over five years.
|ITT Technical Institute-Houston North||(TX) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||21 staff||76 staff|
|Total Enrollment||645 students||3,921 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||31:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||569 students||1,055 students|
|# Part-Time Students||76 students||2,866 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$42,800||$33,800|
Source: 2015 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- ITT Technical Institute, Houston, is one of a network of coeducational, non-denominational private postsecondary educational institutions owned and operated by ITT Educational Services, Inc., a Delaware corporation. ITT Technical Institute was founded December 1, 1959 as Teletronic Technical Institute. In July 1965, the name was changed to Sams Technical Institute. International Telephone & Telegraph Corporation acquired the school in 1966. The name of the school was changed in September 1970 to ITT Technical Institute. The school moved to its present location in September 1996. The school now offers associate of applied science degree programs of study in Computer and Electronics Engineering Technology, Computer Drafting and Design and Information Technology, a bachelor of applied science degree program of study in Automated Manufacturing Technology and bachelor of science degree programs of study in Business Adminstration, Data Communication Systems Technology, Digital Entertainment and Game Design, Electronics and Communications Engineering Technology, Industrial Automation Engineering Technology, Information Systems Security, Software Engineering Technology and Technical Project Management. Other branches of ITT Technical Institute are located in Norfolk, Virginia, Norwood, Massachusetts, Woburn Massachusetts, Louisville, Kentucky and Arnold, Missouri. ITT Technical Institute, Houston (Blue Ash), Texas ITT Technical Institute, Houston opened in December 1985 offering Electronics Engineering Technology. The school now offers associate of applied science degree programs of study in Computer and Electronics Engineering Technology, Computer Drafting and Design and Information Technology. The school occupies approximately 30,726 square feet which contain theory classrooms, laboratories, administrative offices, library and bookstore. The facility has parking spaces, ramped entrances and restroom facilities for disabled individuals. The facility is in compliance with federal, state and local ordinances and regulations, including those relating to safety and health. The college is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools to award associate in applied science degrees.
- The nearest community college to ITT Technical Institute-Houston North is Commonwealth Institute of Funeral Service (0.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 228 students | 0.40 Mi415 Barren Springs Dr
Houston,  TX  77090
(281) 873-0262 0.40228
- 1,998 students | 0.90 Mi721 Lock Haven Dr.
Houston,  TX  77073
(972) 505-2200 0.901,998
- 334 students | 1.10 Mi711 East Airtex Dr
Houston,  TX  77073
(281) 443-7300 1.10334
- 415 students | 3.30 Mi11310 Greens Crossing Blvd, Ste 300
Houston,  TX  77067
(281) 885-4450 3.30415
- 430 students | 12.10 Mi7070 Allensby
Houston,  TX  77022
(713) 692-0077 12.10430
Learn about mentoring programs at community colleges around the country and the benefits they offer to students.
Learn how community colleges and associate degrees can lead to high paying careers.
Learn what to expect in terms of classes and student life in your first semester of community college.