Universal Technical Institute of Texas Inc.
- Universal Technical Institute, Inc. is a nationwide provider of technical education training for students seeking careers as professional automotive, diesel, collision repair, motorcycle and marine technicians.
Universal Technical Institute of Texas Inc. places among the top 20% of community colleges in Texas for:
- Category Attribute
- Offering Breadth Programs offered
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- Completion Rates Highest completion rates
- The teacher population of 63 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Universal Technical Institute of Texas Inc.||(TX) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||63 staff||76 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||12||7|
|Total Enrollment||1,998 students||3,921 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||32:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,998 students||1,055 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$45,800||$33,800|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||91%||83%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$16,063||$9,500|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$4,750||$5,015|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- In 1965, Robert I. Sweet founded the Universal Technical Institute, Inc. (UTI) in Phoenix. The first program was automotive. Since then, the school has grown from 11 students and a one-building campus to more than 80,000 graduates representing the automotive, diesel, collision, motorcycle, and marine industries, with nine campuses nationwide. Over the years, UTI has experienced tremendous growth while maintaining its high educational standard of excellence. Through campus-based school system, Universal Technical Institute, Inc. offers specialized technical education programs under the banner of several well-known brands, including Universal Technical Institute (UTI), Motorcycle Mechanics Institute and Marine Mechanics Institute (MMI) and NASCAR Technical Institute (NTI). UTI is supported and equipped by many of the industry's top automotive names including Audi of America, Inc., BMW of North America, DuPont, Ford Motor Company, I-CAR, International Truck and Engine Corporation, Mercedes-Benz USA, Inc., NASCAR, NATEF, Porsche Cars of North America, Inc., Snap-On, Toyota/Lexus, Volkswagen of America, Inc., and Volvo Cars of North America, Inc. Each UTI school is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology (ACCSCT). The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology is listed by the U.S. Department of Education as a nationally recognized accrediting agency.
- The nearest community college to Universal Technical Institute of Texas Inc. is Texas School of Business-North Houston Campus (0.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 334 students | 0.50 Mi711 East Airtex Dr
Houston,  TX  77073
(281) 443-7300 0.50334
- 228 students | 1.10 Mi415 Barren Springs Dr
Houston,  TX  77090
(281) 873-0262 1.10228
- 415 students | 3.10 Mi11310 Greens Crossing Blvd, Ste 300
Houston,  TX  77067
(281) 885-4450 3.10415
- 430 students | 11.70 Mi7070 Allensby
Houston,  TX  77022
(713) 692-0077 11.70430
- 1,552 students | 13.50 Mi240 Northwest Mall
Houston,  TX  77092
(713) 425-3100 13.501,552
Learn about how budgetary constraints are prompting community colleges to only offer four-day school weeks.
Learn about how you can pursue a degree and career in the entertainment industry by starting at your local community college.
Learn about the variety of mentoring programs available in community colleges, and why you may want to be involved as a mentee or mentor.