Universal Technical Institute of Texas Inc.
- Universal Technical Institute, Inc. is a nationwide provider of technical education training for students seeking careers as professional automotive, diesel, collision repair, motorcycle and marine technicians.
- The teacher population of 63 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Universal Technical Institute of Texas Inc.||(TX) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||63 staff||76 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||12||7|
|Total Enrollment||1,998 students||3,921 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||32:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,998 students||1,055 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$45,800||$34,000|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||91%||83%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$16,063||$9,500|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$4,750||$5,250|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- In 1965, Robert I. Sweet founded the Universal Technical Institute, Inc. (UTI) in Phoenix. The first program was automotive. Since then, the school has grown from 11 students and a one-building campus to more than 80,000 graduates representing the automotive, diesel, collision, motorcycle, and marine industries, with nine campuses nationwide. Over the years, UTI has experienced tremendous growth while maintaining its high educational standard of excellence. Through campus-based school system, Universal Technical Institute, Inc. offers specialized technical education programs under the banner of several well-known brands, including Universal Technical Institute (UTI), Motorcycle Mechanics Institute and Marine Mechanics Institute (MMI) and NASCAR Technical Institute (NTI). UTI is supported and equipped by many of the industry's top automotive names including Audi of America, Inc., BMW of North America, DuPont, Ford Motor Company, I-CAR, International Truck and Engine Corporation, Mercedes-Benz USA, Inc., NASCAR, NATEF, Porsche Cars of North America, Inc., Snap-On, Toyota/Lexus, Volkswagen of America, Inc., and Volvo Cars of North America, Inc. Each UTI school is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology (ACCSCT). The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology is listed by the U.S. Department of Education as a nationally recognized accrediting agency.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 334 students | 0.40 Mi711 East Airtex Dr
Houston,  TX  77073
- 228 students | 1.10 Mi415 Barren Springs Dr
Houston,  TX  77090
- 415 students | 3.00 Mi11310 Greens Crossing Blvd, Ste 300
Houston,  TX  77067
- 430 students | 11.70 Mi7070 Allensby
Houston,  TX  77022
- 1,296 students | 13.50 Mi240 Northwest Mall
Houston,  TX  77092
June 21, 2018
Learn about programs offered by community colleges that allow students to earn a two-year degree and then go on to earn a bachelor’s degree either online or at a nearby university.
June 21, 2018
Explore a trend seen this year, where enrollment rates are stabilizing or even falling at many community colleges around the country.
June 21, 2018
After transferring to a four-year institution, how do community college students fare? Learn about the reports and studies that shed light on community college student performance at the university level.