Universal Technical Institute of Texas Inc.
- Universal Technical Institute, Inc. is a nationwide provider of technical education training for students seeking careers as professional automotive, diesel, collision repair, motorcycle and marine technicians.
- The teacher population of 63 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Universal Technical Institute of Texas Inc.||(TX) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||63 staff||76 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||12||7|
|Total Enrollment||1,998 students||3,921 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||32:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,998 students||1,055 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|Diversity ScoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body.||0.68||0.69|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$45,800||$34,000|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||91%||83%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$16,063||$9,500|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$4,750||$5,250|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- In 1965, Robert I. Sweet founded the Universal Technical Institute, Inc. (UTI) in Phoenix. The first program was automotive. Since then, the school has grown from 11 students and a one-building campus to more than 80,000 graduates representing the automotive, diesel, collision, motorcycle, and marine industries, with nine campuses nationwide. Over the years, UTI has experienced tremendous growth while maintaining its high educational standard of excellence. Through campus-based school system, Universal Technical Institute, Inc. offers specialized technical education programs under the banner of several well-known brands, including Universal Technical Institute (UTI), Motorcycle Mechanics Institute and Marine Mechanics Institute (MMI) and NASCAR Technical Institute (NTI). UTI is supported and equipped by many of the industry's top automotive names including Audi of America, Inc., BMW of North America, DuPont, Ford Motor Company, I-CAR, International Truck and Engine Corporation, Mercedes-Benz USA, Inc., NASCAR, NATEF, Porsche Cars of North America, Inc., Snap-On, Toyota/Lexus, Volkswagen of America, Inc., and Volvo Cars of North America, Inc. Each UTI school is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology (ACCSCT). The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology is listed by the U.S. Department of Education as a nationally recognized accrediting agency.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 334 students | 0.40 Mi711 East Airtex Dr
Houston,  TX  77073
- 228 students | 1.10 Mi415 Barren Springs Dr
Houston,  TX  77090
- 415 students | 3.00 Mi11310 Greens Crossing Blvd, Ste 300
Houston,  TX  77067
- 430 students | 11.70 Mi7070 Allensby
Houston,  TX  77022
- 1,172 students | 13.50 Mi240 Northwest Mall
Houston,  TX  77092
December 01, 2017
Learn about trending community college topics this week such as San Francisco's move toward free tuition at community colleges and the rise in hunger and homelessness among community college students across the country.
December 01, 2017
This summer will be wrapping up before we know of it, and your first semester at community college is rapidly approaching. Are you ready for it?
December 01, 2017
To encourage students to pursue higher education, some states are considering plans to offer zero-tuition programs at public community colleges. These programs could make college a reality for many young people, however, critics argue such programs would cost taxpayers a significant amount of money.