Universal Technical Institute of Texas Inc.
Top Ranked (2021): View Rankings
Tel: (800) 510-5072
- Universal Technical Institute, Inc. is a nationwide provider of technical education training for students seeking careers as professional automotive, diesel, collision repair, motorcycle and marine technicians.
Universal Technical Institute of Texas Inc. places among the top 20% of community colleges in Texas for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Diversity in US community colleges
- Offering Breadth Programs offered
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- Completion Rates Highest completion rates
The teacher population of 63 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Universal Technical Institute of Texas Inc.||(TX) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||63 staff||110 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||9||8|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||95%||83%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$15,188||$10,500|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$4,750||$5,500|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- In 1965, Robert I. Sweet founded the Universal Technical Institute, Inc. (UTI) in Phoenix. The first program was automotive. Since then, the school has grown from 11 students and a one-building campus to more than 80,000 graduates representing the automotive, diesel, collision, motorcycle, and marine industries, with nine campuses nationwide. Over the years, UTI has experienced tremendous growth while maintaining its high educational standard of excellence. Through campus-based school system, Universal Technical Institute, Inc. offers specialized technical education programs under the banner of several well-known brands, including Universal Technical Institute (UTI), Motorcycle Mechanics Institute and Marine Mechanics Institute (MMI) and NASCAR Technical Institute (NTI). UTI is supported and equipped by many of the industry's top automotive names including Audi of America, Inc., BMW of North America, DuPont, Ford Motor Company, I-CAR, International Truck and Engine Corporation, Mercedes-Benz USA, Inc., NASCAR, NATEF, Porsche Cars of North America, Inc., Snap-On, Toyota/Lexus, Volkswagen of America, Inc., and Volvo Cars of North America, Inc. Each UTI school is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology (ACCSCT). The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology is listed by the U.S. Department of Education as a nationally recognized accrediting agency.
The nearest community college to Universal Technical Institute of Texas Inc. is Commonwealth Institute of Funeral Service (1.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 205 students | 1.10 Mi415 Barren Springs Dr
Houston,  TX  77090
(281) 873-0262 1.10205
- 448 students | 3.10 Mi11310 Greens Crossing Blvd, Ste 300
Houston,  TX  77067
(281) 885-4450 3.10448
- 339 students | 11.70 Mi7070 Allensby
Houston,  TX  77022
(713) 358-5070 11.70339
- 1,552 students | 13.50 Mi240 Northwest Mall
Houston,  TX  77092
(713) 425-3100 13.501,552
- 73,499 students | 15.70 Mi5000 Research Forest Drive
The Woodlands,  TX  77381
(832) 813-6500 15.7073,499
Learn about how the failure of the American auto industry, along with President Obama's education initiatives, will translate into increased enrollment in community college campuses.
Learn about a new option students are using to finance their community college education: savings-matching programs.
As tuition rates at community colleges increase nationwide, we share options in financial aid and other tips to make the college experience more affordable, including what the government has proposed to keep community college affordable.