Universal Technical Institute of Texas Inc.
Top Ranked (2022): View Rankings
Tel: (800) 510-5072
- Universal Technical Institute, Inc. is a nationwide provider of technical education training for students seeking careers as professional automotive, diesel, collision repair, motorcycle and marine technicians.
Universal Technical Institute of Texas Inc. ranks among the top 20% of community colleges in Texas for:
- Category Attribute
- School Resources Percent of students receiving financial aid
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
The teacher population of 87 teachers has grown by 38% over five years.
|Universal Technical Institute of Texas Inc.||(TX) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Not applicable, not in Carnegie universe (not accredited or nondegree-granting)||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||87 staff||262 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||9||10|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||96%||82%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$14,795||$10,500|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$4,750||$5,500|
Source: 2020 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- In 1965, Robert I. Sweet founded the Universal Technical Institute, Inc. (UTI) in Phoenix. The first program was automotive. Since then, the school has grown from 11 students and a one-building campus to more than 80,000 graduates representing the automotive, diesel, collision, motorcycle, and marine industries, with nine campuses nationwide. Over the years, UTI has experienced tremendous growth while maintaining its high educational standard of excellence. Through campus-based school system, Universal Technical Institute, Inc. offers specialized technical education programs under the banner of several well-known brands, including Universal Technical Institute (UTI), Motorcycle Mechanics Institute and Marine Mechanics Institute (MMI) and NASCAR Technical Institute (NTI). UTI is supported and equipped by many of the industry's top automotive names including Audi of America, Inc., BMW of North America, DuPont, Ford Motor Company, I-CAR, International Truck and Engine Corporation, Mercedes-Benz USA, Inc., NASCAR, NATEF, Porsche Cars of North America, Inc., Snap-On, Toyota/Lexus, Volkswagen of America, Inc., and Volvo Cars of North America, Inc. Each UTI school is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology (ACCSCT). The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology is listed by the U.S. Department of Education as a nationally recognized accrediting agency.
The nearest community college to Universal Technical Institute of Texas Inc. is Commonwealth Institute of Funeral Service (1.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 286 students | 1.10 Mi415 Barren Springs Dr
Houston, TX 77090
(281) 873-0262 1.10286
- 448 students | 3.10 Mi11310 Greens Crossing Blvd, Ste 300
Houston, TX 77067
(281) 885-4450 3.10448
- 2,811 students | 11.60 Mi12230 Northwest Freeway
Houston, TX 77092
(713) 425-3100 11.602,811
- 301 students | 11.70 Mi7070 Allensby
Houston, TX 77022
(713) 358-5092 11.70301
- 74,300 students | 15.70 Mi5000 Research Forest Drive
The Woodlands, TX 77381
(832) 813-6500 15.7074,300
Your local community college campus offers a variety of art programs both traditional and modern. Find out more about them here.
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
From nuclear medicine to physical therapy, consider 10 in-demand jobs for community college graduates. With salaries ranging from $50,000 to even $100,000, opportunities are ripe for those with the right training from community colleges.