Montgomery County Community College-West Campus
- Montgomery County Community College believes in thinking Big. As an institution, the College prides itself on innovation. Founded in 1964, the College has grown with the community to meet the lifelong learning needs of Montgomery County. Known for its academic excellence and based on the successes of more than 30,000 alumni, the College is ranked first in the nation in its use of technology by the Center for Digital Education for 2008. Student success is the Collegeï¿½s primary goal. With a 16:1 student-faculty ratio, the College is committed to working closely with students to help them reach their educational goals. Students learn from award-winning faculty. In fact, the Collegeï¿½s faculty has been recognized as top in the nation three times in the past decade by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching. The College provides students with a quality, relevant curriculum. Students who earn AA or AS degrees can expect seamless transfer to numerous public and private colleges and universities throughout the region. More than two thirds of the Collegeï¿½s career graduates are employed in their fields of study. In addition, graduates from the Collegeï¿½s health sciences programs consistently exceed the average national pass rate on their professional certificationsï¿½many with 100 percent of graduates passing on their first attempt.
The teacher population of 56 teachers has grown by 12% over five years.
|Montgomery County Community College-West Campus||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private not-for-profit|
|Total Faculty||56 staff||36 staff|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$12,000||$12,667|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$5,500||$5,183|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to Montgomery County Community College-West Campus is Pace Institute (15.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 5 students | 15.50 Mi606 Court St Suite 404
Reading, PA 19601
(610) 375-1212 15.505
- 4,199 students | 15.90 Mi10 S Second St
Reading, PA 19602
(610) 372-4721 15.904,199
- 777 students | 18.30 Mi2205 Ridgewood Rd
Wyomissing, PA 19610
(610) 372-1722 18.30777
- 131 students | 19.60 Mi290 Wissahickon Avenue
North Wales, PA 19454
(215) 699-5700 19.60131
- 306 students | 19.60 Mi1001 Eagle Rd
Wayne, PA 19087
(610) 989-1450 19.60306
Learn about the dazzling jewelry programs and certificates that are available at your local community college campus.
Calling all tech-lovers! A new survey by Republic’s Center for Digital Education and Converge Online has ranked the community colleges that most effectively integrate digital technology into daily campus life.
Veteran Charles Wittington, a community college student, wrote about his killing addiction and was subsequently banned from campus. Was he entitled through free speech to express his opinion, or is campus safety more important? Weigh in on the controversy.