Montgomery County Community College-West Campus
- Montgomery County Community College believes in thinking Big. As an institution, the College prides itself on innovation. Founded in 1964, the College has grown with the community to meet the lifelong learning needs of Montgomery County. Known for its academic excellence and based on the successes of more than 30,000 alumni, the College is ranked first in the nation in its use of technology by the Center for Digital Education for 2008. Student success is the College’s primary goal. With a 16:1 student-faculty ratio, the College is committed to working closely with students to help them reach their educational goals. Students learn from award-winning faculty. In fact, the College’s faculty has been recognized as top in the nation three times in the past decade by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching. The College provides students with a quality, relevant curriculum. Students who earn AA or AS degrees can expect seamless transfer to numerous public and private colleges and universities throughout the region. More than two thirds of the College’s career graduates are employed in their fields of study. In addition, graduates from the College’s health sciences programs consistently exceed the average national pass rate on their professional certifications—many with 100 percent of graduates passing on their first attempt.
The teacher population of 56 teachers has grown by 12% over five years.
|Montgomery County Community College-West Campus||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||56 staff||25 staff|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$12,000||$12,667|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$5,500||$5,183|
Source: 2012 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to Montgomery County Community College-West Campus is Pace Institute (15.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 5 students | 15.50 Mi606 Court St Suite 404
Reading,  PA  19601
(610) 375-1212 15.505
- 4,198 students | 15.90 Mi10 S Second St
Reading,  PA  19603
(610) 372-4721 15.904,198
- 985 students | 18.30 Mi2205 Ridgewood Rd
Reading,  PA  19610
(610) 372-1722 18.30985
- 344 students | 19.60 Mi290 Wissahickon Avenue
North Wales,  PA  19454
(215) 699-5700 19.60344
- 322 students | 19.60 Mi1001 Eagle Rd
Wayne,  PA  19087
(610) 989-1200 19.60322
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
We examine a new report at USA Today that shows employment rates for community college graduates have skyrocketed - and which of the fields where a community college degree is particularly helpful.
Who says college is just for the 18 - 22 year old crowd? In fact, more community colleges are recruiting students over the age of 50 - and for good reason!