Lincoln College of Technology-Indianapolis
- Lincoln Tech offers short-term, career-focused programs that span many different subject areas. Our automotive technology, skilled trades, allied health, and information technology training programs prepare students for future career success. Classes are taught by instructors who understand the demands of the industry, so you can get the automotive technology, electronics, information technology, health care and HVAC training that you need to succeed. You can study at one of our many locations in Philadelphia and Allentown, PA, Columbia, MD, Grand Prairie, TX, Indianapolis, IN, Melrose Park, IL, or Mahwah and Union, NJ.
Top Placements (Indiana)
Listed among the top community colleges in Indiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Offering Breadth Programs offered
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- Completion Rates Highest completion rates
- The teacher population of 42 teachers has declined by 69% over five years.
|Lincoln College of Technology-Indianapolis||(IN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Less than 2 yrs|
|Total Faculty||42 staff||28 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||11||8|
|Total Enrollment||1,199 students||1,806 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||29:1||34:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,199 students||507 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$32,300||$31,500|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||80%||89%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$11,730||$20,000|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$4,750||$6,334|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Widely known and respected as Lincoln Technical Institute since its founding in 1946 as a post-war job skill training source, Lincoln Tech has consistently responded to employer needs and the changing times. By always looking for ways to grow and keeping up with technology, we have achieved a strong mix of programs that provide a wide variety of in-demand career training opportunities. Our Automotive Division offers hands-on training programs in Automotive and Diesel Technology. Our Skilled Trades Division offers a variety of programs including HVAC, Drafting and CAD, and Electronic Systems Technician (EST). Our Information Technology (IT) Division includes training in PC Support, Networking, and Web Programming. Our Allied Health Division offers Healthcare training programs for a Medical Assistant or Medical Administrative Assistant. Lincoln Tech's Indianapolis Campus recently relocated to a suburban area on the northwest side of Indianapolis. This new two-story building houses 43 classrooms and 52 bays in its 126,000 square feet of space. It boasts new computer labs such as our Job Resource Center, Instructor Resource Center, Multimedia Training Center, Distance Learning Center and a Computer-Assisted Drafting (CAD) mega-lab; plus a five room Smart House for the Electronic Systems Technician (EST) program; a new Collision Repair and Refinishing Technology program; a 6-Course High Performance add-on program; mega-labs for automotive and diesel programs; a NAPA store; a new library; and a new café. Because of its resources, this comprehensive, modern facility is the destination for students from as far as Kentucky and Ohio. Lincoln Tech career training programs currently offered at the Indianapolis Campus are Automotive Technology, Automotive Service Management, Automotive, Diesel and Truck Technology, Collision Repair and Refinishing Technology, Diesel and Truck Technology, Diesel and Truck Service Management and Electronic Systems Technician (EST). The college is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology (ACCSCT).
- The nearest community college to Lincoln College of Technology-Indianapolis is Harrison College-Northwest (3.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 301 students | 3.10 Mi6300 Technology Center Drive
Indianapolis,  IN  46278
- 91,179 students | 7.30 Mi50 W. Fall Creek Parkway N. Drive
Indianapolis,  IN  46208
- 995 students | 8.40 Mi1200 N Meridian St, Ste 100
Indianapolis,  IN  46204
- 143 students | 9.30 Mi7251 W McCarty St
Indianapolis,  IN  46241
- 3,498 students | 9.60 Mi550 East Washington Street
Indianapolis,  IN  46204
We report on the recent increases in Stafford Loan Rates, which have led to some community colleges across the country discontinuing this option for financial aid.
Attending college is expensive but there are options for financing beyond just student loans. Keep reading to learn more.
College is expensive enough without the added cost of medical school on top of it. If you're on a pre-med track, consider taking some of your prerequisites at community college. Keep reading to learn more.