Lincoln College of Technology-Indianapolis
Top Ranked (2021): View Rankings
Tel: (317) 633-000000000
- Lincoln Tech offers short-term, career-focused programs that span many different subject areas. Our automotive technology, skilled trades, allied health, and information technology training programs prepare students for future career success. Classes are taught by instructors who understand the demands of the industry, so you can get the automotive technology, electronics, information technology, health care and HVAC training that you need to succeed. You can study at one of our many locations in Philadelphia and Allentown, PA, Columbia, MD, Grand Prairie, TX, Indianapolis, IN, Melrose Park, IL, or Mahwah and Union, NJ.
The teacher population of 42 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Lincoln College of Technology-Indianapolis||(IN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Less than 2 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||42 staff||42 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||11||10|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||85%||82%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$12,000||$13,000|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$4,750||$5,500|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Widely known and respected as Lincoln Technical Institute since its founding in 1946 as a post-war job skill training source, Lincoln Tech has consistently responded to employer needs and the changing times. By always looking for ways to grow and keeping up with technology, we have achieved a strong mix of programs that provide a wide variety of in-demand career training opportunities. Our Automotive Division offers hands-on training programs in Automotive and Diesel Technology. Our Skilled Trades Division offers a variety of programs including HVAC, Drafting and CAD, and Electronic Systems Technician (EST). Our Information Technology (IT) Division includes training in PC Support, Networking, and Web Programming. Our Allied Health Division offers Healthcare training programs for a Medical Assistant or Medical Administrative Assistant. Lincoln Tech's Indianapolis Campus recently relocated to a suburban area on the northwest side of Indianapolis. This new two-story building houses 43 classrooms and 52 bays in its 126,000 square feet of space. It boasts new computer labs such as our Job Resource Center, Instructor Resource Center, Multimedia Training Center, Distance Learning Center and a Computer-Assisted Drafting (CAD) mega-lab; plus a five room Smart House for the Electronic Systems Technician (EST) program; a new Collision Repair and Refinishing Technology program; a 6-Course High Performance add-on program; mega-labs for automotive and diesel programs; a NAPA store; a new library; and a new café. Because of its resources, this comprehensive, modern facility is the destination for students from as far as Kentucky and Ohio. Lincoln Tech career training programs currently offered at the Indianapolis Campus are Automotive Technology, Automotive Service Management, Automotive, Diesel and Truck Technology, Collision Repair and Refinishing Technology, Diesel and Truck Technology, Diesel and Truck Service Management and Electronic Systems Technician (EST). The college is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology (ACCSCT).
The nearest community college to Lincoln College of Technology-Indianapolis is National American University-Indianapolis (2.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 299 students | 2.90 Mi3600 Woodview Trace, Suite 200
Indianapolis,  IN  46268
(317) 810-8100 2.90299
- 72,006 students | 7.30 Mi50 W. Fall Creek Parkway N. Drive
Indianapolis,  IN  46208
(317) 921-4800 7.3072,006
- 995 students | 8.40 Mi1200 N Meridian St, Ste 100
Indianapolis,  IN  46204
(317) 554-8300 8.40995
- 3,498 students | 9.70 Mi550 East Washington Street
Indianapolis,  IN  46204
(317) 447-6200 9.703,498
- 529 students | 10.30 Mi6612 E 75th St Suite 300
Indianapolis,  IN  46250
(317) 845-0100 10.30529
Learn about how the community college tuition hikes in the next year may be greater than the rate of inflation.
In light of the huge budget cuts facing California community colleges, class rationing is now on the table as one option to help schools stay in the black. Is it right, fair or even practical? We’ll explore the issue.
Learn about how some convicted criminals abused community colleges' financial aid programs and why Congress has decided to prohibit criminals from being eligible for future aid.