Aviation Institute of Maintenance-Indianapolis
Tel: (317) 243-4519
- Aviation Maintenance Technical Engineer (AMTE) Program prepares students for the airframe and powerplant FAA license exam and additionally the avionics program for FCC licensing exam. Avionics Technician Program – Provides students with the theory and knowledge needed to test, maintain and repair electrical and electronic systems used in aircraft navigation, communications and flight control systems and also prepares students for the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) licensing examination. Aviation Maintenance Technician (AMT) Program is designed to provide our students with the proper knowledge and skill levels to excel in their chosen career field as an aMT or as a service technician. This training prepares our students with the proper knowledge and skill levels required to pass the the test administered by the (FAA) to gain entry level employment in aviation and other maintenance fields as inspectors, installers, parts managers, equipment or service technicians.
Aviation Institute of Maintenance-Indianapolis places among the top 20% of community colleges in Indiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Diversity in US community colleges
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 11 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Aviation Institute of Maintenance-Indianapolis||(IN) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Less than 2 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||11 staff||28 staff|
|Total Enrollment||143 students||1,806 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||34:1|
|# Full-Time Students||136 students||507 students|
|# Part-Time Students||7 students||1,299 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$39,100||$30,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Aviation Institute of Maintenance-Indianapolis is Brown Mackie College-Indianapolis (7.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 995 students | 7.30 Mi1200 N Meridian St, Ste 100
Indianapolis,  IN  46204
(317) 554-8300 7.30995
- 3,498 students | 7.50 Mi550 East Washington Street
Indianapolis,  IN  46204
(317) 447-6200 7.503,498
- 91,179 students | 7.80 Mi50 W. Fall Creek Parkway N. Drive
Indianapolis,  IN  46208
(317) 921-4800 7.8091,179
- 1,199 students | 9.40 Mi7225 Winton Drive - Building 128
Indianapolis,  IN  46268
(317) 632-5553 9.401,199
- 501 students | 14.00 Mi8150 Brookville Road
Indianapolis,  IN  46239
(317) 375-8000 14.00501
Learn about mentoring programs at community colleges around the country and the benefits they offer to students.
Learn how community colleges and associate degrees can lead to high paying careers.
Learn what to expect in terms of classes and student life in your first semester of community college.