Lake Washington Institute of Technology
- Located just outside of Seattle, WA, Lake Washington Institute of Technology (LWTech) was founded in 1949, and is the only public institute of technology in the state of Washington. LWTech offers six bachelor`s degrees, 47 associate degrees, and 89 professional certificates in 44 areas of study, including STEM-focused programs in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math.
- LWTech directly serves the communities of Kirkland, Redmond, Bellevue, Kenmore, Mercer Island, Bothell, Woodinville, Carnation, Duvall, North Bend, Fall City, Sammamish, Issaquah, Snoqualmie, Skykomish, Clyde Hill, and Medina. LWTech also serves students from outside our service area, as well as students from around the world
- Enrollment: 3,620 students
- Student:teacher ratio: 12:1
- Minority enrollment: 49%
- Source: Verified school update
Lake Washington Institute of Technology ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Washington for:
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Lake Washington Institute of Technology, in Kirkland's Totem Lake area, serves local students from King and Snohomish counties, commuter students from areas like Port Townsend, Gig Harbor and Marysville, and international students from around the globe, including Japan, Tonga, Ireland, Indonesia and the Ukraine. Lake Washington Institute of Technology officially became part of the new community and technical college system on September 1, 1991; the institute became a degree-granting technical college with all the rights and responsibilities of a technical college as prescribed by state law. During the next three years the college replaced its two-year diplomas with Associate of Applied Science degrees. Twenty Association of Applied Science degrees were approved by the State Board of Community and Technical Colleges to be offered to students by the college. LWTech offers the cutting-edge, professional career and technical training needed to rapidly and affordably qualify our students for opportunities in today's job market. With training opportunities in over 100 degree and certificate options in 39 programs, we have something for everyone - including some Bachelor degrees. Adult education programs are also offered. Lake Washington Institute of Technology is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU).
Frequently Asked Questions
What schools are Lake Washington Institute of Technology often compared to?
Lake Washington Institute of Technologyis often viewed alongside schools like Bellevue College by visitors of our site.
What is Lake Washington Institute of Technology's ranking?
Lake Washington Institute of Technology ranks among the top 20% of community college in Washington for: Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation).
View the Lake Washington Institute of Technology yearly calendar below. Note key dates such as:
- Event Date
- Last Day to Withdraw from Classes March 08, 2023 (Wednesday)
- Last Day of Instruction of Winter Quarter March 22, 2023 (Wednesday)
- Last Day to Add Courses Without Instructor Signature April 02, 2023 (Sunday)
- Last Day to Register Online April 02, 2023 (Sunday)
- Last Day - Added From Waiting Lists April 02, 2023 (Sunday)