North Seattle College
- North Seattle Community College provides a supportive, responsive teaching and learning environment distinguished by its commitment to openness, innovation, and excellence in education.
North Seattle College places among the top 20% of community colleges in Washington for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Diversity in US community colleges
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- Diversity Average community college minority breakdown
- The teacher population of 171 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|North Seattle College||(WA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||171 staff||145 staff|
|Total Enrollment||6,493 students||4,463 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||38:1||31:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,292 students||2,353 students|
|# Part-Time Students||4,201 students||2,110 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$42,500||$36,200|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Established in 1970, NSCC is an accredited two-year public college. It is is one of 34 community and technical colleges in Washington and is part of the Seattle Community College District, which also includes Seattle Central and South Seattle Community Colleges and the Seattle Vocational Institute. NSCC is located in the Northgate area five miles north of the Seattle city center in a quiet residential neighborhood. The college is easily accessed from I-5. Its modern campus occupies 62 acres, including 11 acres of environmentally sensitive wetlands. North Seattle Community College is known for the breadth of its educational choices, the support it provides its students, and the excellence of its instruction. Our programs prepare students to transfer to a four-year college or university and/or enter the workforce. NSCC also offers basic education, English-as-a-second-language, and continuing education classes. NSCC offers more than 40 career training programs and has a robust selection of continuing education and college preparation courses.NSCC is a member of the Seattle Community College District and is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities, an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and/or Secretary of the U.S. Department of Education.
- The nearest community college to North Seattle College is Pima Medical Institute-Seattle (0.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 760 students | 0.40 Mi9709 Third Ave NE Suite 400
Seattle,  WA  98115
- 6,015 students | 3.40 Mi16101 Greenwood Ave N
Seattle,  WA  98133
- 6,773 students | 5.70 Mi1701 Broadway Avenue
Seattle,  WA  98122
- 1,378 students | 6.00 Mi2323 Elliott Ave
Seattle,  WA  98121
- 3,660 students | 7.80 Mi11605 132nd Ave NE
Kirkland,  WA  98034
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.