- North Seattle Community College provides a supportive, responsive teaching and learning environment distinguished by its commitment to openness, innovation, and excellence in education.
North Seattle College serves 5,240 students (33% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is higher than the state community college average of 11:1.
Minority enrollment is 60% of the student body (majority Asian and Hispanic), which is more than the state average of 50%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 5,240 students
- In-state tuition: $3,862
- Out-state tuition: $9,052
- Student:teacher ratio: 14:1
- Minority enrollment: 60%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
North Seattle College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Washington for:
The teacher population of 365 teachers has grown by 113% over five years.
North Seattle College
(WA) Community College Avg.
Four or more years
Four or more years
The student population of North Seattle College has declined by 16% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five years.
The North Seattle College diversity score of 0.81 is more than the state average of 0.71. The school's diversity has grown by 5% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $3,862 is less than the state average of $4,105. The in-state tuition has declined by 10% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $9,052 is more than the state average of $7,359. The out-state tuition has grown by 110% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Established in 1970, NSCC is an accredited two-year public college. It is is one of 34 community and technical colleges in Washington and is part of the Seattle Community College District, which also includes Seattle Central and South Seattle Community Colleges and the Seattle Vocational Institute. NSCC is located in the Northgate area five miles north of the Seattle city center in a quiet residential neighborhood. The college is easily accessed from I-5. Its modern campus occupies 62 acres, including 11 acres of environmentally sensitive wetlands. North Seattle Community College is known for the breadth of its educational choices, the support it provides its students, and the excellence of its instruction. Our programs prepare students to transfer to a four-year college or university and/or enter the workforce. NSCC also offers basic education, English-as-a-second-language, and continuing education classes. NSCC offers more than 40 career training programs and has a robust selection of continuing education and college preparation courses. NSCC is a member of the Seattle Community College District and is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities, an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and/or Secretary of the U.S. Department of Education.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does North Seattle College cost?
North Seattle College's tuition is approximately $3,862 for In-State students and $9,052 for Out-State students.
What is North Seattle College's ranking?
North Seattle College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Washington for: Diversity in US community colleges, Average community college minority breakdown and Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation).
View the North Seattle College yearly calendar below. Note key dates such as:
- Event Date
- Summer 2023 - Last Day Withdraw 100% Ref June 29, 2023 (Thursday)
- Summer 2023 - Last Day Add/Reg/Withdraw July 10, 2023 (Monday)
- Summer 2023 - Last Day Chng Aud/Cr/W August 03, 2023 (Thursday)
- Fall 2023 - Last Day Withdraw 100% Ref October 02, 2023 (Monday)
- Fall 2023 - Last Day Add/Reg/Withdraw October 09, 2023 (Monday)
Microcredentials: Tailoring Learning Journeys in Robotics
Micro-credentials offer a unique opportunity for adult learners to tailor their learning journeys to their specific needs and career aspirations. In this article we explore micro-credentials in robotics.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.