North Seattle College
- North Seattle Community College provides a supportive, responsive teaching and learning environment distinguished by its commitment to openness, innovation, and excellence in education.
North Seattle College places among the top 20% of community colleges in Washington for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Diversity in US community colleges
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- Diversity Average community college minority breakdown
- The teacher population of 171 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|North Seattle College||(WA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||171 staff||145 staff|
|Total Enrollment||6,493 students||4,463 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||38:1||31:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,292 students||2,353 students|
|# Part-Time Students||4,201 students||2,110 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$42,500||$36,200|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Established in 1970, NSCC is an accredited two-year public college. It is is one of 34 community and technical colleges in Washington and is part of the Seattle Community College District, which also includes Seattle Central and South Seattle Community Colleges and the Seattle Vocational Institute. NSCC is located in the Northgate area five miles north of the Seattle city center in a quiet residential neighborhood. The college is easily accessed from I-5. Its modern campus occupies 62 acres, including 11 acres of environmentally sensitive wetlands. North Seattle Community College is known for the breadth of its educational choices, the support it provides its students, and the excellence of its instruction. Our programs prepare students to transfer to a four-year college or university and/or enter the workforce. NSCC also offers basic education, English-as-a-second-language, and continuing education classes. NSCC offers more than 40 career training programs and has a robust selection of continuing education and college preparation courses.NSCC is a member of the Seattle Community College District and is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities, an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and/or Secretary of the U.S. Department of Education.
- The nearest community college to North Seattle College is Pima Medical Institute-Seattle (0.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 760 students | 0.40 Mi9709 Third Ave NE Suite 400
Seattle,  WA  98115
- 6,015 students | 3.40 Mi16101 Greenwood Ave N
Seattle,  WA  98133
- 6,773 students | 5.70 Mi1701 Broadway Avenue
Seattle,  WA  98122
- 1,378 students | 6.00 Mi2323 Elliott Ave
Seattle,  WA  98121
- 3,660 students | 7.80 Mi11605 132nd Ave NE
Kirkland,  WA  98034
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.