- Cascadia`s approach to teaching is based on research showing how students really learn. It prepares you for active lifelong learning in a global context, whether your program is in a technical field, business, or the liberal arts. Working in small groups, you`ll develop the ability to communicate effectively, solve problems, make decisions, and interact with others with diverse viewpoints. As a Cascadia College student, you`ll attend classes on a beautiful campus, equipped with state-of the-art technology, that Cascadia shares with the University of Washington Bothell. You`ll also have access to the world-class University of Washington library system.
Cascadia College places among the top 20% of community colleges in Washington for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- Debt For Students Least debt for graduating students
- Diversity Average community college minority breakdown
- The teacher population of 141 teachers has grown by 88% over five years.
|Cascadia College||(WA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||141 staff||145 staff|
|Total Enrollment||3,757 students||4,463 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||27:1||31:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,744 students||2,353 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,013 students||2,110 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$48,200||$36,200|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sports|
|Sports||Intramural Sports OnlyIntramural Sports Only|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
Profile last updated:
- The nearest community college to Cascadia College is Lake Washington Institute of Technology (4.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,660 students | 4.10 Mi11605 132nd Ave NE
Kirkland,  WA  98034
- 8,993 students | 7.30 Mi20000 68th Ave W
Lynnwood,  WA  98036
- 760 students | 7.60 Mi9709 Third Ave NE Suite 400
Seattle,  WA  98115
- 6,015 students | 7.70 Mi16101 Greenwood Ave N
Seattle,  WA  98133
- 6,493 students | 7.90 Mi9600 College Way North
Seattle,  WA  98103
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.