- Bellevue Community College is a comprehensive and innovative college that advances the life-long educational development of its students consistent with their needs, interests, and abilities while strengthening the economic, social, and cultural life of its diverse community. The college accomplishes this purpose by providing high-quality, flexible educational programs and services that are academically, geographically, and financially accessible. Committed to teaching and learning excellence and employee growth and development, the college nurtures a supportive environment throughout its programs and services.
Bellevue College places among the top 20% of community colleges in Washington for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 366 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Bellevue College||(WA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||366 staff||145 staff|
|Total Enrollment||13,469 students||4,463 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||37:1||31:1|
|# Full-Time Students||6,556 students||2,353 students|
|# Part-Time Students||6,913 students||2,110 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2007)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$47,000||$36,200|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Bellevue Community College officially opened its doors on January 3, 1966, fulfilling the community's dream of a local, accessible institution of higher education. Lacking facilities of its own, the college held classes in the evening at Newport Senior High School. In the decades since, the college has grown to become the third largest institution of higher learning in the state, and has emerged as an educational leader, known nationally for its innovations. A two-year associate degree from BCC provides you with options—to transfer to a four-year university, learn a new career or pursue general studies. Certificate programs, which require less time to complete than an associate degree, help you acquire skills and experience in a variety of career areas in a shorter time period. BCC's flexible class options allow you to complete program requirements at convenient times that work for you. You may also choose to earn a degree or certificate completely online. Bellevue Community College is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (Redmond, Wash.), an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and/or the U.S. Department of Education.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,359 students | 6.80 Mi3000 NE Fourth St
Renton,  WA  98056
- 3,660 students | 8.30 Mi11605 132nd Ave NE
Kirkland,  WA  98034
- 6,773 students | 8.30 Mi1701 Broadway Avenue
Seattle,  WA  98122
- 777 students | 8.60 Mi555 South Renton Village Pl-Ste 400
Renton,  WA  98057
- 1,378 students | 9.50 Mi2323 Elliott Ave
Seattle,  WA  98121
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.