- Seattle Central Community College is a public, two-year, degree granting institution located in the heart of Seattle. During the 2005-06 academic year over 14,100 students enrolled in unique educational opportunities including college transfer, professional-technical training, adult basic education, and continuing education.
- Enrollment: 5,763 students
- In-state tuition: $3,893
- Out-state tuition: $9,083
- Student:teacher ratio: 9:1
- Minority enrollment: 71%
- Source: Verified school update
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Although the official history of Seattle Central began in 1966, its main campus is the site of two important Seattle schools that preceded the present day college. In accordance with a 1969 master plan, extensive renovation and new construction at Seattle Central took place over a seven-year period. With the completion of the Broadway Performance Hall (built from the central section of the high school) in 1978, the college campus possesses a striking historic reminder of its past that augments the modern main building next to it. These two buildings are appropriate symbols of the school's long standing commitment to provide quality education to all who seek it. The college's Broadway campus also includes a complete Student Activity Center, Bookstore and Student Government buildings. Seattle Central Community College, located in the Capitol Hill neighborhood of Seattle, is known for its ethnically and culturally diverse student body, innovative student services and coordinated studies curriculum for college transfers. Professional-technical programs offered include apparel design, ASL interpreter training, biotechnology, culinary arts, wood construction, maritime, and many health-related occupations. Seattle Central Community College is currently accredited in good standing by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Seattle Central College cost?
View the Seattle Central College yearly calendar below. Note key dates such as: