Seattle Central College
- Seattle Central Community College is a public, two-year, degree granting institution located in the heart of Seattle. During the 2005-06 academic year over 14,100 students enrolled in unique educational opportunities including college transfer, professional-technical training, adult basic education, and continuing education.
- The teacher population of 258 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Seattle Central College||(WA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||258 staff||145 staff|
|Total Enrollment||6,773 students||4,463 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||26:1||31:1|
|# Full-Time Students||3,862 students||2,353 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,911 students||2,110 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$34,000||$36,200|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Although the official history of Seattle Central began in 1966, its main campus is the site of two important Seattle schools that preceded the present day college. In accordance with a 1969 master plan, extensive renovation and new construction at Seattle Central took place over a seven-year period. With the completion of the Broadway Performance Hall (built from the central section of the high school) in 1978, the college campus possesses a striking historic reminder of its past that augments the modern main building next to it. These two buildings are appropriate symbols of the school's long standing commitment to provide quality education to all who seek it. The college's Broadway campus also includes a complete Student Activity Center, Bookstore and Student Government buildings. Seattle Central Community College, located in the Capitol Hill neighborhood of Seattle, is known for its ethnically and culturally diverse student body, innovative student services and coordinated studies curriculum for college transfers. Professional-technical programs offered include apparel design, ASL interpreter training, biotechnology, culinary arts, wood construction, maritime, and many health-related occupations. Seattle Central Community College is currently accredited in good standing by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.
- The nearest community college to Seattle Central College is The Art Institute of Seattle (1.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,378 students | 1.30 Mi2323 Elliott Ave
Seattle,  WA  98121
- 5,535 students | 4.60 Mi6000 16th Ave SW
Seattle,  WA  98106
- 6,493 students | 5.70 Mi9600 College Way North
Seattle,  WA  98103
- 760 students | 5.70 Mi9709 Third Ave NE Suite 400
Seattle,  WA  98115
- 13,469 students | 8.30 Mi3000 Landerholm Cir SE
Bellevue,  WA  98007
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, businesses around the country are facing setbacks - colleges included. Read on to learn more about the impact of the pandemic on higher education in the United States.