Seattle Central College
- Seattle Central Community College is a public, two-year, degree granting institution located in the heart of Seattle. During the 2005-06 academic year over 14,100 students enrolled in unique educational opportunities including college transfer, professional-technical training, adult basic education, and continuing education.
- The teacher population of 258 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Seattle Central College||(WA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||258 staff||145 staff|
|Total Enrollment||6,773 students||4,463 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||26:1||31:1|
|# Full-Time Students||3,862 students||2,353 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,911 students||2,110 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$34,000||$36,200|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Although the official history of Seattle Central began in 1966, its main campus is the site of two important Seattle schools that preceded the present day college. In accordance with a 1969 master plan, extensive renovation and new construction at Seattle Central took place over a seven-year period. With the completion of the Broadway Performance Hall (built from the central section of the high school) in 1978, the college campus possesses a striking historic reminder of its past that augments the modern main building next to it. These two buildings are appropriate symbols of the school's long standing commitment to provide quality education to all who seek it. The college's Broadway campus also includes a complete Student Activity Center, Bookstore and Student Government buildings. Seattle Central Community College, located in the Capitol Hill neighborhood of Seattle, is known for its ethnically and culturally diverse student body, innovative student services and coordinated studies curriculum for college transfers. Professional-technical programs offered include apparel design, ASL interpreter training, biotechnology, culinary arts, wood construction, maritime, and many health-related occupations. Seattle Central Community College is currently accredited in good standing by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.
- The nearest community college to Seattle Central College is The Art Institute of Seattle (1.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,378 students | 1.30 Mi2323 Elliott Ave
Seattle,  WA  98121
- 5,535 students | 4.60 Mi6000 16th Ave SW
Seattle,  WA  98106
- 6,493 students | 5.70 Mi9600 College Way North
Seattle,  WA  98103
- 760 students | 5.70 Mi9709 Third Ave NE Suite 400
Seattle,  WA  98115
- 13,469 students | 8.30 Mi3000 Landerholm Cir SE
Bellevue,  WA  98007
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.