Seattle Central College
- Seattle Central Community College is a public, two-year, degree granting institution located in the heart of Seattle. During the 2005-06 academic year over 14,100 students enrolled in unique educational opportunities including college transfer, professional-technical training, adult basic education, and continuing education.
Seattle Central College serves 5,763 students (53% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 9:1 is lower than the state community college average of 11:1.
Minority enrollment is 71% of the student body (majority Black and Asian), which is more than the state average of 50%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 5,763 students
- In-state tuition: $3,893
- Out-state tuition: $9,083
- Student:teacher ratio: 9:1
- Minority enrollment: 71%
- Source: Verified school update
Seattle Central College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Washington for:
The teacher population of 675 teachers has grown by 161% over five years.
Seattle Central College
(WA) Community College Avg.
Four or more years
Four or more years
The student population of Seattle Central College has declined by 16% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 9:1 has decreased from 10:1 over five years.
The Seattle Central College diversity score of 0.87 is more than the state average of 0.71. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $3,893 is less than the state average of $4,105. The in-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $9,083 is more than the state average of $7,359. The out-state tuition has grown by 139% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) , School Administrators
- Although the official history of Seattle Central began in 1966, its main campus is the site of two important Seattle schools that preceded the present day college. In accordance with a 1969 master plan, extensive renovation and new construction at Seattle Central took place over a seven-year period. With the completion of the Broadway Performance Hall (built from the central section of the high school) in 1978, the college campus possesses a striking historic reminder of its past that augments the modern main building next to it. These two buildings are appropriate symbols of the school's long standing commitment to provide quality education to all who seek it. The college's Broadway campus also includes a complete Student Activity Center, Bookstore and Student Government buildings. Seattle Central Community College, located in the Capitol Hill neighborhood of Seattle, is known for its ethnically and culturally diverse student body, innovative student services and coordinated studies curriculum for college transfers. Professional-technical programs offered include apparel design, ASL interpreter training, biotechnology, culinary arts, wood construction, maritime, and many health-related occupations. Seattle Central Community College is currently accredited in good standing by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Seattle Central College cost?
Seattle Central College's tuition is approximately $3,893 for In-State students and $9,083 for Out-State students.
What is Seattle Central College's ranking?
Seattle Central College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Washington for: Diversity in US community colleges and Average community college minority breakdown.
View the Seattle Central College yearly calendar below. Note key dates such as:
- Event Date
- Spring 2023-Last Day to Withdraw With 100% Refund April 07, 2023 (Friday)
- Spring 2023-Last Day to Add/Register/Withdraw April 14, 2023 (Friday)
- Spring 2023-Last Day to Withdraw With 50% Refund April 22, 2023 (Saturday)
- Spring 2023-Last Day to Change Audit/Credit Status/(Instr Permission) Last Day to Withdraw (No Refund) May 26, 2023 (Friday)
Learn about the lucrative career opportunities in nano-technology and how you can begin your training right at community college.
The Top Challenges for Non-Traditional Students in Community College
If you are starting community college as an adult, there are certain challenges you can expect to face. Understanding and anticipating those challenges will help you to face them head-on with the greatest chance for success.
January 17, 2023ChatGPT: A Powerful Tool With Many Uses
When your database is the entire Internet, you can answer just about any question lightning-fast. Here are some suggestions for using ChatGTP in your college studies.