Northland Community and Technical College
- Northland is an innovative leader in higher education, preparing all learners with work and life skills that advance personal well-being and regional prosperity.
Northland Community and Technical College places among the top 20% of community colleges in Minnesota for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 203 teachers has grown by 63% over five years.
|Northland Community and Technical College||(MN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||203 staff||56 staff|
|Total Enrollment||4,583 students||1,302 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,018 students||768 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,273 students||534 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races||-|
|% Non Resident races||-||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$39,400||$35,400|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Football, Marksmanship, Softball, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Northland Community and Technical College is a comprehensive community and technical college with campuses located in East Grand Forks, MN and Thief River Falls, MN. We offer certificates, diplomas, and degrees in a variety of majors and general education transfer courses; as well as workforce training and continuing education programs. Northland Community and Technical College was created by a merger in July 1995 to form a comprehensive two-year college. Its founding partners, the Thief River Falls Area Vocation School , opened in 1946, and Northland Community College was founded in 1965. Northland is a comprehensive college, offering many state-of-the-art, nationally-renowned technical programs designed for those looking to quickly join the work force. Northland also has a liberal arts program which offers students the first-two years of a bachelor's degree. Northland Community and Technical College specializes in career-focused training designed to provide you with maximum job placement potential. A Northland college education is personalized, technology-intensive, focused, and innovative. You can graduate in as little as 9-months or earn a two-year degree. Northland Community & Technical College - Thief River Falls and East Grand Forks (formerly known as Northwest Technical College) is accredited by Higher Learning Commission.
Profile last updated:
- The nearest community college to Northland Community and Technical College is Northwest Technical College (76.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,091 students | 76.60 Mi905 Grant Avenue SE
Bemidji,  MN  56601
- n/a students | 90.90 Mi900 hwy 34 e
Detroit Lakes,  MN  56501
- 793 students | 93.60 Mi4012 19th Avenue SW
Fargo,  ND  58103
- 1,988 students | 124.50 Mi1801 College Dr N
Devils Lake,  ND  58301
- 7,216 students | 127.00 Mi1414 College Way
Fergus Falls,  MN  56537
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.